PLEASE blizzard, PLEASE fix sharding! It ruins world PvP!

You have no clue what I did or did not do, that much is evident. Nor do you have a clue what I was talking about. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and explain.

The problem with shards is that they get balanced. So it causes various other knock on effects. One of those problems is not being able to get into the shard where you were fighting someone else when you come back on your main or try to group up. Or being moved/phased into another shard mid combat or while other things are going on.

That is due to balancing of shards. You also didn’t seem to play Warmode at the start when we used to see plenty of players from both sides in WM and it was fun. Ion even confirmed at one of the Q&As that the numbers were pretty much balanced at the start. However, due to Blizz messing up some balancing of shards it made some shards not seem very equal. This is when the decline started for the Alliance in Warmode, because lets face it, who wants to feel like they are always outnumbered. The declined continued and eventually they got a 30% WM buff. It became rare to see Alliance in WM. Well at least until they started giving them quests to kill 25 Horde for gear. Then we had a huge revival, all be it in the form of WM tourism for 25 kills then going back to WM off.

Since I hit neck level 50 I have turned WM off because I am not really interested in W PvP, I took part in it for my bonus AP. When the new levels come in I might flick it back on again.

For the record while in WM you get to face plenty of Alliance taking over Tortollan bases and you have fight to get them back. Invasions/Assaults are also a great time to encouter Alliance. There are usually organised groups camping various quests.

Both sides do the same dirty tricks and it’s all fair because it’s WM.

1 Like

Well that dosn’t change that phasing/sharding are sh!t … lol?

This is the biggest joke of a post I have seen in a long time. Stating that I never played at the beginning of warmode ok then my dude, whatever you wanna believe you can keep white knighting blizzard and thinking there systems are flawless. When in actual fact they are the one thing that has broken up so many guilds and made people quit.

Just because you have a level 50 neck from jerking off too world quests doesn’t mean you have experienced more things about warmode, I for one do enjoy WPvP and there are many others that do also, as a GM of a WPvP guild I can tell you for sure it’s the worse implementation that has been put in the game for many years.

Different realms have difference shards I play on Defias Brotherhood which is an RP shard I know it might be hard for you to look up that one, RP realms are NOT meant to have 90000000 different shards but yet we do have a million different shards and yet people think the sharding is a great addition to BFA it’s unbelievable honestly.

So please stop talking when it comes to this sort of thing it’s quite clear that you don’t know what you’re talking about you just did your AP world quests and that’s it never took part in anything else but that so put the keyboard down and go to the back of the line because it’s people like you that Blizzard would listen and why Warmode sharding gets worse and worse.

Today I was in the assault… there was only alliance 0 horde legit… Balanced sharding according to my good friend Punyelf … What a complete joke honestly.

2 Likes

Clearly you are going to do nothing but belittle anything I say and I’m not willing to feed that desire further.

So gl.

1 Like

Can’t get you’re own way in a civil argument ignore them deffo a mature one.

Yes, I played in Legion, on Defias & Co, and it was so F bad that I quit mid Legion, because it was nowhere near as I was expecting from my previous WoW experience.

In Legion, Horde & Alliance were just questing together in peace most of the time. I could search for a fight for hours, and when I finally found someone who didn’t phase out / used WQ addon / accept queue, they were just standing doing nothing waiting for me to kill them, sometimes emoting. Actual fights were rare.

Only at WPvP world quests, like Brawl, Murlocks etc, were fights from time to time, and Suramar + Shal’Aran FP while majority of ppl where still questing there. Sometimes WB areas, but majory were phasing in/out at any sight of danger. With WQ around Oceanus Cove in Azuna, I could camp Shackle’s Den FP for hours, solo, and none of the Horde ever came back to take revenge for one-shots on arrival. Same with many other FPs and Tower WQ. The final straw was constant trash talking from Alliance for killing that Horde because “he just wanted to do wq… awwww”.

When I came back, before BfA pre-patch, I boosted my rogue, and completed class campain till the end of Argus - in all that time I had 11 fights, very bad and boring fights…

Granted, I didn’t took part in organized guild vs guild WPvP on Defias, I don’t even know if anything like that was happening - never heard about it, looked for it, asked in g-chat / zones / etc - nothing like that was ever mentioned by anyone. Maybe I missed it, or it was just so small that it would hardly matter anyway.

In BfA I always have fights, so at least value for the time spent is much much higher for me. I finally have very similar WPvP experience to what I was expecting. I even meet same players on RP shards most of the time. More than half of the Horde I meet, who want to fight, are from Argent Dawn btw.

I don’t like current sharding because of many reasons - you can see some in my previous post.

But I think Blizzard won’t remove sharding / War Mode - it’s a supperior system, even with it’s current many flaws. The more you, me, everybody else give feedback about how much current sharding sux and why - better the chances of it’s improving and changing for the better, and that’s the best that could happen, imo.

P.S.: For anyone reading this - Want to join WPvP guild / community, or tell others about yours - go here and DO IT

1 Like

I also played during legion and I found it was rather decent during the argus patch I always had plenty of fights and the sharding was no way near as bad as it is now… People thinking that the sharding and phasing is good for WPvP is beyond delusional and they cannot be helped.

They said RP servers wouldn’t shard and it would be one big shard… What a lie that was, now if people lose in there zerg in one fight they just leave it’s quite pathetic at least in Legion you would get some fights even though Legion imho was the most pathetic expansion that has ever been released.

Bring back PvP realms and remove warmode and make servers great again and for the servers that arre small you can merge them with bigger realms not shard everything and ruin stuff for literally everyone, also remove LFG holy sh!t that’s one way to ruin the game as a whole.

gg no re

1 Like

If you try to point at me - missed - re-read what I was saying.

Also, because there is no servers now, because War Mode is an option for every player - Blizzard can Develop and implement things for WPvP and justufy Dev-time/money for doing it, as they’d told in pre-BfA livestreams. That’s why we’ll get that new stuff in 8.2, that you’re also excited about. So it’s not all bad for WPvP.

It’s a problem with people being pathetic.

In one of the camps of Shal’Aran FP in Suramar by Horde with OP at the time Guardian Druid, I managed to get 12 ppl in group from those who were ganked there - we wiped on our first rez, and all of them but 2 scattered because of that one fail. It wasn’t really any better in Legion with PvP servers, pathetic ppl leaving after one wipe were already there…

Thank you, it’s just as I’ve said - there were very little / some fighting in Legion. While in BfA I got a lot more, and in that more overall - I get more interesting and fun fights.

Nah, didn’t happen :rofl:

1 Like

When all your arguments are based on laughing at someone else’s replies because you don’t like them then no it’s not really civil.

Also making presumptions about how another person plays isn’t very clever. You don’t know me or how I played. But it suits you to write off anything I say because it doesn’t suit your argument. You can not change that I played with WM on for months and that I took part in WPvP. No matter how much you try claim it’s purely about WQs.

There are no realm shards other than RP realms because they have their own rulesets. The rest are just WM on or WM off. Even on busy realms you are sharded with other realms. It makes no difference.

It’s obviously not possible to perfectly balance all shards especially if there is a difference in the number of players in WM. Phasing issues do occur some of the time when the balancing decides to stick you elsewhere. I don’t particularly like it if I can’t go find a ganker on my main. Sometimes if all of one faction is clumped up together in one place, farming the opposite faction and the other faction is spread out over the zone it does not seem very balanced no.

However the comment that you took totally out of context and have started this crusade about was just about how the phasing is a pain because sometimes it’s trying to balance and that’s when you get shifted. Or you plain just can’t get back to the shard you were in.

It’s annoying and I sympathised because it’s happened to us all.

2 Likes

A different viewpoint is not necessarily delusional, it can be that a different player wants something different from War Mode - and that determines their feeling on sharding.

1. A % of players are community minded, and are not happy that sharding removes the ability to consistently see the same players and guilds.
  2. A % of players are happy to have a good number of random opponents provided by the sharding, accepting most drawbacks in return for consistent combat potential.

I was on Defias in Legion, loved WPvP there, but was not in a WPvP guild. I didn’t use LfG much, was looking for 1v1. Was fun, but I could sometimes leave a WPvP session feeling like I’d not done much. Then BfA came, all of a sudden, plenty of victims! From my perspective, sharding was a big upgrade because I was able to WPvP guaranteed, even late night when I normally play. I eventually realized RP shards were less interesting (to me) and moved to normal shards for WM.

Sure, there are some drawbacks of sharding - I accept them because to me, the pros outweigh the cons. From my point of view there were drawbacks to PvP realms, and sharding outweighs them.

That is another player’s way of looking at WM sharding, it can be different from yours without being delusional. It’s about what any one player wants to get out of WM. You want something different, that’s fine. At the moment sharding is a limitation for your gameplay. If that could be fixed awesome. If not, getting your guild built up with like minded players is the way to go - if we have enough WPvPers in guilds on both factions, we might start to see that community, despite sharding. I’m all for that.

It’s great that each guild can have it’s own theme and mindset, I know Foolish Whisper has a certain stance on WPvP. And other guilds can have their own stance. However, to build community, it’s probably more effective to promote what can be done, rather than what can’t be done. Let’s see if we can get the right players into the right guilds for them. Once they are in a guild, that guild determines their WPvP experience.

1 Like

The combination of sharding and awful class design killed a handful of WPvP guilds when legion came about. The introduction of WM did nothing to renew said guilds, those masses of people are likely gone forever.

Anyone that defends WM or sharding is clueless and clearly doesn’t care about WPvP at all.

2 Likes

I ended up Reading something you typed, i have had alot of fights in legion, OFC wod and mop + was better but now we’re talking about legion and bfa, i found the good spots to do wpvp and i have had a blast in legion with my friends. And that comes from one that go to org alone and was sitting at hopes landing in Argus for hours in a row because it was alot of fun.
Been fighting the WPvP guilds left in legion aswell and been most of the time able to go and gank people i /who because i was able to, which BFA have F’ed up hard

1 Like

Just because someone has a different viewpoint, doesn’t mean they are clueless or delusional.

It can be about what an individual player wants to get from their WM experience.

I love WPvP, but don’t care who I’m killing. Red = dead. Sharding has no negative impact on that gameplay.

On the other hand, a player that wants to see same realm players and guilds, or be able to easily retaliate with a main, they are gonna be frustrated with sharding.

Can’t please everyone.

I’d love to see WPvP guilds have a resurgence though - enemy guilds sounds like fun WPvP.

To work on sharding, need high volume of WPvPers per guild, then spread on shards. One player spots enemy guild member, invites their guild to group, enemy does same - battle! We can wait forever for Blizz to make changes, or do something ourselves. It’s gonna be the players that love current WM that make it happen. A couple of guilds per faction, could be enough.

1 Like

I’m so flattered :rofl: , ok:

This ^

1 Like

Imagine, liking sharding yikes

Imagine, liking something and accepting it are two different things, woah

1 Like

Yea dude ~Imagine~

Yeah… still don’t see “like” in there, btw read a bit more - and you’ll see that I don’t like

1 Like

i cant read more than 3 lines from your posts, you like sharding and think wpvp now on rp realms are good, still i often see you running around or afk, alot of wpvp going on i see

just because it’s convenient for you - doesn’t mean it’s true. But you can imaging all you want, have fun!

Woah! Really, players running around in open world? It definitely proves something, just not what you’re talking about.

That’s what you’re doing quite a lot…

Yep, enough for me, and much more than in previous expansion.