PLEASE blizzard, PLEASE fix sharding! It ruins world PvP!

Not sure about warmode, but that’s the way CRZ always worked. The groups always ends up in the shard of the member that got first in that zone(even before grouping).

1 Like

Idk, it’s hard to decide when people should be phased and when they shouldn’t

People complains about WM balance issues, which are supposed to be dealed with zone wide balance among faction.

Should you always be phased with the leader’s shard then it could be abused. I don’t think having a 39 man raid hopping around on every shard to slaughter people before going to another one is something anyone would want to face

There has to be a middle ground between making sure there isn’t much more players of a faction than enother and being unable to target a group in WPvP.

People used it to realm hop if a recall. I guess the underlying sharding for war mode is exactly the same used for PvE.

Anyone missing original server where people have reputation in server!! No cross server - if u gank really bad u will get answer from community.

1 Like

Sharding is a technical feature to prevent server lag and overpopulation ingame, so that there are not a 1000 people doing the same quest for example. I doubt they will ever remove it.

You know how shardign really works?
On Draenor you have 97% horde players.
So if you go to Zuldazar 90% horde players are sitting in town/inn. Rest of them are on on quest zones, and then sharding add alliance to this realm to balance players but 100% of them are in quest zones.

So you have 10% horde vs 100% aliance.

What annoys me is I never seem to be able to find people that ganked my alt anymore when I log my main. Even then when I log back to my alt they are still there.

yes, but it’s all very well when you’re on a overflowing server but not so when you’re on a low pop or dead.

If you’re looking for someone to do old content there’s a good chance that you’re the only one, or one of a few that actually wants to do that. If it’s region wide then there’s most likely going top be enough people. This would be particularity applicable to people who play during the late night-early morning.

There’s a reason new MMOs always launched with or soon make dungoen finders.

I once started group for some wq big elite and I was somewhere on 20% hp and invited someone only to get phased into their reality where the elite wasnt even spawned …

Best feature added into wow 11/10 - IGN

It ruins the community too, not just world pvp.
Kinda sick and tired of perpetually playing alongside phase in and phase out bots from realm x, y, z, 1, 2 and 3.

Welp. Looking forward to classic!

Fixing WPvP numbers would require a heavy and constantly shifting change in Server Matche-ups to ensure that people are meeting relatively even numbers of both factions.

This would require immense work - removing sharding as a mechanic, reshuffling server connections, introducing robust systems for supporting potentially larger server populations and a new system to determine which server the group is placed in.

It’s just frustrating all round. When a friend and I were on newly dinged characters killing one of the higher health pool bosses in Darkshore we listed the group, no one actually applied to join until we had the boss down to the last 5%, but we accepted them anyway. This third person joining us, phased us away from the shard we were in, and into a new shard with a brand new mob at full health.

It just makes zero sense to work this way. It was frustrating, we did just start over with new mob and got it down but it shouldn’t do that at all IMO.

Hmm… maybe depends if the joiner was near the boss or not when they joined the group, something odd happened there.

It all works well enough for wpvp anyway. My only gripe is when a member causes us to get phased to an RP WM shard, boring! Just have to make sure I’m first to enter when changing location.i

That is using sharding!!

They said for the first 2-4 weeks.
They gonna remove it after cause they acknowledged the fact that it destroys the community.

It’ll highly depend on how popular it is in the medium term.

Doubt it. The classic fans would scream blood murder if they were to change this aspect. Sharding just ruins way too much of the community aspect.

How would they enjoy dead servers in 6 months time.

What could i say.
If people stayed for the utter **** that is bfa, then the classic servers wont die either.

1 Like

Yeah… sharding is really bad… even if you are alone… it sometimes hapoens, that you get phased out…
It happened to me several times already… I was fighting a mob with a higher healthpool and suddenly I was phased out, standing infront of said mob with full health…