Please bring World PVP back!

Yes, please bring back the “world pvp” we tasted in BFA…
As a vanilla player and a world pvper, BFA was the best expansion for me, it was the expansion that the world pvp most encouraged and rewarded by Blizzard and i really miss countless hours of wpvp i made in Nazjatar or Faction Assaults or N’zoth assaults or anywhere… There was always a fight at maps… I enjoyed it even if i was alliance and %80 of the time i was outnumbered by horde but it was still too much fun…

There was always a bounty in the maps at BFA…
How many horde bounties i saw since SL was started? Dunno maybe 5 or 6… not more. And yes, im always at world…

C’mon, i know you can do it, i don’t enjoy anything else like i enjoy world pvp and i know there are many ppl like me. If someone doesn’t like it they can always go WM OFF so it doesn’t hurt anyone. Please bring BFA WORLD PVP back… Thank you…

24 Likes

Yes pls, I miss bfa wpvp.

4 Likes

In BFA there was scaling, but now it will be blitzkrieg of 230 ilvl of kekwgonnaAOEdis. :+1:t2: :smiley:

2 Likes

World PvP and world pvp call to arms quests were really the peak point of BFA for me, and made it easily a top 3 expansions i’ve played ( I’m playing since 2005, that says a lot). Those huge 30 vs 30 brawls in Nazjatar, Mecha and in the 8.3 nzoth areas brought me back the Isle of Quel’Danas feel, the old fellas out here would remember. Never played with WM Off.
It was also the fastest way to gain Conquest, so there was a legitimate reason for everyone to do them. Not to mention the assassin killing bonus, drop crates, hidden supplies, all those little things that added a bit of flavour, compared to plain ol bgs and arenas.
Now, they seem to have ditched all that good stuff yet again. No reason to do world pvp, no objectives, no rewards, no players.
It always makes me wonder why companies do stuff like this: manage to create a good, enjoyable system, the feedback is very positive from the majority of players, doesn’t interact negatively with those who don’t care about it ( WM Off).
And then they suddenly shut it down. No explanations, no reason.

10 Likes

I think Blizzard will revive wpvp once we have less content to do. Really miss the 25hk quest and relevant achievements. Sure, naz battle in total was a huuuge lag, but besides that, the constant battle between Horde and Alliance bases was somewhat I really missed since Draenor

2 Likes

You completely misunderstood the topic mate. It is not about being farmed at flight points.
First of all, “I don’t want WPVP unless bla bla” is not a valid sentence because wpvp is there if you have Warmode ON. So, if you don’t want it just turn it off.

Topic doesn’t demand “World PVP” from Blizzard, topic demands the WPVP like the BFA Expansion has.

New events like Faction Assaults, N’zoth Assaults that gather factions to fight in an area while getting rewarded. Or something like the fight between NEWHOME and MEZZAMERE. There are no faction bases in world maps in Shadowlands for example, like the ones in Nazjatar. These kind of things encourage people to world pvp, otherwise “flight master ganking” will become what people understand when you we say “world pvp”

4 Likes

I have a bad feeling this is it, and seems deliberate. BfA was set up nicely for group WPvP to naturally happen. In SL that has been neutralized. Tho I could see them introducing assaults in later patch. Yet, I am still having fun in WPvP, but it’s something to do in between bgs now rather than a thing to do in its own right. There’s always Org to attack tho hehe.

3 Likes

sure can we have pvp servers back with none of this “sharding”?

8 Likes

No. I participated in it for long enough and you dont want it. Some classes are just plain better in wpvp and it will be “geared people bash ungeared people” all over again.

Wpvp in bfa was indeed much better and there was alot more of it.

5 Likes

It has also something to do with the story I think. BFA was, at least partially, about Alliance vs Horde. In Shadowlands, the factions are meaningless it’s all about stopping the jailor and da banshee. WPvP always was about the eternal conflict between the factions and with this gone it’s hard to fit battles between the chosen maw walkers into the story. Maybe do a new approach, like conflicts between the covenants. Even in the covenant quests there is seen mistrust between them. Would be a cool experiment in my opinion to have World PvP centered around this but this would also mean to have Ally and Horde characters fighting side by side.

Nevah!
/10

2 Likes

It’s the same system, the only difference is that now horde doesn’t outnumber us 10-1, tables have equalized and in some cases alliance has more players in wpvp.

Horde is kind of overflowing with people but for some reason they choose to stay with wm off.

At last AOO is back, at least some WPvP returns! Had fun in Maldraxxus killin 25 Horde with other defenders. Nice conquest too. Bring back them other WPvP quests!!

World PvP is there, It’s called warmode.
I don’t care if it’s the same or worse than it was in BFA.
It’s relic of the past and should stay that way.
Really unnecessary to try to revive it. As majority of the players couldn’t care less.
Do not force return of PvP realms on players, that don’t want it.
To me it died in cata and should stay that way. Warmode is one of the worst features added to this game. It divide players even further for no logical reason.
In case you forgot, most of the so called “world pvp” pre BFA was all about max level characters killing lowbies.
They were too bad and couldn’t handle opponent of the same level/gear, so they killed lowbies and attacked honor hold 24/7 to boost their egos.
This is how “awesome” world pvp was pre-bfa. I guess it’s not different post bfa.
Nobody would miss it, if it was removed entirely.

I would :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Apparently, BfA was poo and SL is the best thing after the sliced bread. So stop whining.

Mb with the new gear system in 9.1 WPvP will alive, who knows. But without any equality it will be dead.

If you “don’t care” about world pvp, why are you even commenting on this topic? It’s a really weird post, bashing other people’s activities and interests in game, and making it sound like you speak for the “majority”, when in fact you don’t.
You weren’t there I assume for the big assaults on Boralus, the swamp fighting in Nazmir, or the crate drop hunting in Nazjatar. Other people were. They were obviously enjoying the feature, even if they were sometimes outnumbered and camped, they always came back with some friends or random fellas and made the battle fun again. You don’t get to decide what part of this game is a relic of the past or not.
So don’t worry, if you don’t respond to this, nobody would miss you either.

9 Likes

Yup, WPvP was awesome in BfA.

1 Like