Please delete this post - guild isn't happening

How wonderful!

hi im gonna be playing on golemagg with rest of my guild… but as a transwoman myself i love and welcome what you’re doing… good luck with creating your guild <3

5 Likes

Take a step back and try to view the situation from a different angle - it’s not about announcing who you are or what you do outside of wow, it’s about avoiding hurtful comments or negative communities in general. I have been in multiple guilds since TBC, and more often than not (especially while using vent/ts/discord) I hear people throw homophobic slurs around almost as much as the F word. I’m a straight guy but it annoys me that so many players think it’s okay to use words that are super hurtful to others as long as ‘‘they didn’t mean it like that’’. Situations like these can be extremely awkward for players, especially when some guy calls you a ‘‘white knight’’ if you dare say that homophobic slurs have no place in a BWL raid or /g.

Vanilla was about players meeting players - some even in real life. We have all heard the stories about best friends and couples meeting in WoW. Because this is an online game, does that mean that I shouldn’t share my life details with guildies/people I consider friends in the game? No. You are blaming OP for the ignorance of other players, effectively saying ‘‘OP you should sit in the back, you are not the majority of players therefore you should be quiet and alone’’.

It’s easy to forget that you are playing with people. And just like you, these people have lives that go on after they’ve logged out of WoW, but perhaps UNLIKE you, they have been through tough times that they do not wish to be reminded of while they’re strolling through Azeroth. OP is just letting players know that they are starting a guild in which these awkward scenarios won’t take place, and they are guaranteeing a safe environment for everybody. What is wrong with doing that? OP just wants a guild that is guaranteed to be non-toxic, it’s that simple.

Props to you OP, for taking matters into your own hands, and for doing such a great thing for the community. I’m stuck between RP-PVP and PVP but this would definitely be a guild I’d like to join if I stick to PVP.

Sorry for the rant but I had to let it out :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

bundles of wood burn brightest in the fires of JEHENNUM

2 Likes

Thanks for this answer! I want to join the guild as well

3 Likes

Thanks for the long response, and thank you for getting it!
The guild is always open if you wanna join :heart:

2 Likes

A guild called APES on Golemagg might be a good place for you, while they don’t advertise their guild as a LGBT guild and aren’t restricted to only LGBT folks, vast majority of their players are part of the LGBT community.

Edit: Might want to contact their GM “Maitoz” if you’re interested in merging.

1 Like

@faijaalayo :rofl:

Anyway, why not make a Discord space for the LGBT community on the server then, Freya? And a guild “for all”, where you can ensure that homophobic and similar behavior is not tolerated? :slight_smile: Good luck with your initiative.

This was my goal, I’d never expect to have an “only LGBT+” guild. However I was expecting to create a guild that is welcoming to LGBT+ people and serving as a safe space.

2 Likes

Hey guys!

Living Dead is also a guild that does not discriminate based on sexual orientation.

So much so that we actually don’t care what your sexual orientation is!

Check us out on the recruiting forum.

Man thanks to this post I’m 101% rolling horde on this realm. Need 2 pute paper note on my monitor to know who to blow up on sight :smiley:

1 Like

Good luck and have fun ;3

Being part of a guild isn’t just about playing a game. It’s about making friends and I’ve made some fantastic friends over the years. We confide in each other, inside and out of the game. Having a guild that has similar interests and respect is much more fun than having one that doesn’t.

4 Likes

Rock on. :metal::star_struck::metal:
Just be aware there are a lot of nasty toxic idiots out there, who’re just dumb and like others mentioned, it might attract people like that to target you.

My advise. Make good use of the ignore list, and report people who’re toxic a/f. Everyone will be ganked at some point on a PVP server, but I’d like to say if anyone over at [Dead Inside] happens to be involved, then I can promise - It’s nothing personal! And same probably goes for the majority of the player base!

Wow is and should be for everybody. See you on Shazzrath! :metal:

4 Likes

Woah! I’ll be on Shazzrah. And I’ll be Alliance! Count on me. I’m gonna tryhard but no problem if the guild doesnt.

1 Like

I’m fully aware (just see the comments on this post).
Hope to see you around c:

1 Like

I Hope That With Classic The Classic Gamer Spirit Comes Back If You Know What I Mean

1 Like

hey, i’m thinking that it would be a nice place to be but i’m just thinking things over a bit and seeing where some people i know are gonna play first ^_^.

2 Likes

Sure! Take your time, we’ll be here welcoming if you end up wanting to join us!

I saw the post of All-undead guild. As an Ally it will be a pleasure to fight you and your guild. But if you kill me, don’t use cannibalize on me, or you will turn gay. just sayin

see you on azeroth soon.

2 Likes