Please do away with allied race unlocks

I just cant understand why ppl badly want in sec allied races to be unlock? So you have time to play your main char and lv up Allied race. But you dont have time to do rep and unlock them? Or maybe you would do change race ? So all this time you was play race that you dont like it…in that case. xD

2 Likes

I would completely agree to lowering the requirement to Revered, but not the full removal of the achievement. I would also say remove the quest after to unlock them, and turn that into a 1-20 zone type thing, rather than them starting at level 20.

3 Likes

I’m totally ok with any workaround to make it less tedious. I feel this keeps repelling people from the game more and more, otherwise threads like this would never even pop.

2 Likes

To have the neck when relevant was an absolute punishing grind. The season is nearly over now and those level will be largely irrelevant. Anyone pushing their character has had to do the grind.

40 to 45 is not a high neck level, in fact you can’t open any 415 armour piece fully at those levels, unless LFR is your thing.

Nice logic, but then you can faction change to unlock everything then, another 20 bucks to race change to the race you wanted at the first place. So where is your dedication and time investment in that? The whole new “mechanic” (as you say) is only made to waste your time or spend more money then the game is worth for something cosmetic -Shameless money grab thats all.

The only races i don’t have unlocked are mag’har’s and zTroll and i’m exalted with every alliance BFA faction. And that why i’m angry because i have to spend again months doing the same thing that i already did with character that i’m not interested.

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with the unlock requirements imo. I never had to grind for them. Unless you are a returning player that missed bfa and legion entirely its pretty much something you have unlocked already, unless someone is extremely tunnelvisioned about only one part of the game

I think most ppl dont even do half things in game. They r spinning around m+ / raid. And it is hell when they need to lv some car, wipe cream is allied races.
I start to do achivment for Drenor pathfinder and friend was telling me that I m crazy, lunatic lol Even I was spend max in total about 3h for storyline for 3 zones.

2-3 hours a day : you don’t mind grind or time gatting.

Less than 1 hour a day - you are SNIP - GM😀.

Player got everithing now and when get just one task to make effort they explode like drama queens on oscar red carpet xD

4 Likes

I love the fact that one of the 2 people patting each other on the back about how nobody works for anything can’t even be bothered to learn proper English, while attending a forum which operates in said language. It’s not an issue, everybody understands your points more or less, I just find it ironic how you launch personal attacks against the “type” of players others are.

On the topic tho, I’d say Ethanar sums it up really well in most AR related topics. It sure doesn’t feel great for a returning/new player (or any really, they are just the most affected) to have a weeks to months long grind ahead of him before getting to play the race he wanted in the first place. I have a returning friend, who I did warn about the grind and is willingly jumping in anyway but he wasn’t thrilled about this forced, time-gated mess either. He would be a lot more involved with the game and his character if he could play his treasured fat humans which are still a solid month’s grind away at best.

The problem with races ever being locked behind grinds, such as this, is simple, these grinds already require a character. Imagine having to beat the main campaign with a Breton before being allowed to start an Argonian in the Elder Scrolls series. Sounds asinine doesn’t it?

Dismissing it as games change isn’t really a viable route either. Games do change but that change is usually made in favor of improvement or advancement, locking previously unlocked features behind grinds (especially ones that define your character in the game) is merely an artificially created timesink to improve /played numbers.

I did grind out Zandalari as they are the reason I bought the expac in the first place (besides the story) but it wasn’t a rewarding, fun experience, as soon as I dinged exalted on Zandalari Empire I jumped ship for months before their release, as not being able to play my main meant I had no lasting rewards to chase (and I do find BfA endgame rather lacking so Zandalaris were gonna be my main project.) I know exactly how these people feel about having to progress on a character they don’t wish to main, and it’s not a joyous emotion I’m afraid.

5 Likes

THE GRIND and TIME GATING! ~ Boring, tedious and frustrating.

5 Likes

What a show of character adressing no points, but flinging insults, you must be a pleasant person to be around if your arrogance shows so strongly even over the internet. Your previous posts already carried a few mannerisms that screamed ‘condescending’ but I think this shows your inability to stay on topic, so don’t bother talking to me anymore, there will be no replies. I’m here to engage in a discussion about allied races not mud slinging competitions.

2 Likes

Anyone who is saying that its hard to unlock the new allied races probably has no clue how long did required to unlock anything rep related during TBC or vanilla. In comparison to that what we have now is easy peasy, you unlock the things just by playing casually game, doing few world quests each day and by playing through the storylines.

2 Likes

I don’t believe anyone has taken issue with the difficulty of unlocking any of the ARs. The issue comes from the following:

• You need a max level character to create a character you actually desire (already a fundamental issue I can’t say I have met an RPG where races were locked behind content, seems quite contradictory)
  • Not only do you need a max level character, you need to sink substantial time into that character to unlock the races (talking about irl time here the WQs themselves are trivial and take no effort.)
  • You can’t speed up this process by any means as the only viable method to farm most of them are world quests so they are limited to half an hour of work a day and then they either play with a toon they don’t really care about or log off and play something else. That’s hardly a great model for grinding in a sub based MMO, that’s mobile game territory.

Overall there wouldn’t be any issue if they were your regular old reps, anybody can wait for a new mount. Waiting on your main to be is a lot less fun, as during that period you feel no meaningful progress which is the core of an RPG.

2 Likes

I mean, you were the one to start the insults, I just thought I would point out your stupidity. In other words, you wanted to “complain about people and insult them”, but you didn’t want it back? That shows your character. Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it.

How were my previous posts condescending? I put MY OPINIONS forward, and made a comment of “people who want it on a silver platter are just lazy”, which is true.

I also don’t need to “stay on topic”, when I’ve also already put my points forward. Just because you have the inability to actually read them, does not mean that they are not there.

Why is it that countless people on the forums don’t mind throwing insults about, but the second someone does it back to them, they become defensive? Hypocritical behavior that shouldn’t be allowed near the forums.

Yet you were the one to start it. So, if you’re “not here to sling mud” as you say, then maybe you shouldn’t comment about someone’s typing? You tried your best to belittle 2 people (Too scared to say their names, I understand), then when you get proven wrong, it’s a problem?

BTW, it’s Addressing. Proper English xD

3 Likes

But those races as I see it weren’t made for everyone to have them on day one, they were made for the players which played this game for a longer time and which are committed to it, so they are special on that way. It was kinda the same when the DK did come out as a class first time, you had to have high level character on the server to be able to make that class.

3 Likes

All of your points would make sense, if we only just found out that it was put behind a rep grind. It wasn’t. We’ve known for more than a year now, we’ve known what’s needed to unlock them. It’s not Blizzards fault people didn’t do it. If the player took a break, then they should KNOW they need to catch up.

I agree that you should just be able to spam something for them, to be able to unlock them at your own speed (So, tabards, other ways of getting the rep basically). But, as I said, we’ve known for over a year now.

I only recently joined Horde, yet I have both Honorbound and Zandalari to Exalted. Took me around 2 weeks, if that. Honorbound took about a week (because this rep just get’s thrown at you from anywhere).

Now, I, and many others, would be fine if this wasn’t a thing from the start. But, it’s been apart of all 8 Allied Races. If it get’s removed, or lowered, tell me, what do those who have actually done it get? Because, it seems to me, that what you’re asking for is for those who didn’t do it/weren’t here, they will be rewarded, whilst those who DID do it get stabbed in the back.

It’s not going to change anytime soon, so it’s either suck it up and do it, or don’t play those Races. You don’t NEED Allied Races to do content in this game, there’s plenty more to do. You could easily main the class you want, then once you unlock it, create the race and level that up, or buy a race change.

I do understand the frustration, but I’m tired of this game becoming “silver platter” material. Nearly everything in this game get’s handed to players now, to the point, people who only do LFR will be around 380-390 ilvl, at least (Some higher before the next raid). There’s way too much in game at the minute that’s being given to the players for nothing, which they are fine with, but now they expect more.

I honestly don’t understand why people are fine with mounts, tabards, transmog and other things are hidden behind exalted rep, but something that ACTUALLY affects your gameplay is a problem. If you want it, spend to 10-15 hours of IRL time unlocking it. That’s all it takes. About 15 hours in game time altogether to unlock it (Maybe more, maybe less, but not by much).

3 Likes

Races shouldn’t be ‘rewards’ in an RPG it’s an absurd concept based on the first issue I raised in my previous post. Also hero classes were vastly different, they required no time sink. Yes you needed a level 55 for Dk but they started at the same level (more like 58 to be fair) so there was no time lost there. DH required 70 which was already the max 5(!) expacs before Legion and got a hefty 30 level boost on that to kick off with. So you actually saved time with both hero classes.

Core elements of an RPG should not be locked behind max level content unless you compensate players for the timesink. For example allowing just the one character you did the reputation and quest line with, to race change into that race, suddenly time spent on the unlocking toon wouldn’t feel meaningless.

2 Likes

A part of me dies a little every single time I see another guy claim the reason he can’t invest the necessary effort into this game is because of real life commitments like a job.

Stop it.

4 Likes

Well anyone who was new in the game or didn’t had high enough char had to level one to be able to start DK.

And look most of us which unlocked the races did it regularly, we didn’t asked from the Blizzard to change the way of obtaining them just for us, so I don’t think how it would be fair for anyone which did put the effort into obtaining them to give to someone who doesn’t want to do the same them on the silver plater now without them making any effort for that.

1 Like