Please do not make Hunter's Mark baseline

I don’t want it. It serves no gameplay purpose. Just adding a GCD before you can go on with your rotation is not an enjoyable mechanic. Or else, put another one too that increases your focus generation by 1 every 10 seconds when attacking this target. Oh and put one too that increases your attack range by 1 yard on this target.

Because pressing more buttons everytime we change target is fun, apparently. Let’s put 30 buttons to press before you can actually start doing damage, everyone will love it.

14 Likes

Just going to add this onto the thread. It’s locked but just so your thread doesn’t have to start from square 1 ^^

4 Likes

While Hunters mark does provide a gameplay purpose due to its 5% damage buff which we NEED I completely agree it needs to go or be baked into one of our opener shots because it’s horrible as it is.

2 Likes

simple make a macro what auto aplay hunters mark to target.

1 Like

Agreed. Remove the damage component and keep the rest of it(as a baseline ability) for…well, mostly for it’s usefulness in PvP and some select few niche situations.

Not entirely sure what you mean here.

Sure, it does give 5% extra damage against the marked target. But since it’s now a baseline ability, it means that all other damaging attacks we have will be balanced around that damage which the mark provides.

Meaning it’s going to be just another button press every time we switch target in order to achieve the same numbers as we would, even without said mark as a baseline boost. In short, if we wouldn’t have the damage from the mark, our other abilities would just be tuned up to deal slightly more damage by default.

If you mean the gameplay tied to having that extra button to press, I would gladly continue without it. Pressing one extra button every time we switch target, just for some passive damage buff?

No thx.

3 Likes

Thats exactly what I mean and I agree with you, its sad that they will balance our damage around that ability.

1 Like

As a previous thread said:

It is still an additional GCD. Hence it can’t be baked in a macro without hindering the gameplay.

1 Like

hunters complaining about aoe. Is taht a joke? :smiley:

1 Like

Currently going through Beta and having to cast Hunter’s Mark everytime is just a tedious addition. I agree that it should either be incentivised more (as the OP suggested) or removed / included into a different spell. I know Blizzard are keen to go with the “unpruning” of classes but I don’t remember anyone saying “I really miss casting Hunter’s mark before every pull - wasn’t that so cool back in the day?” :neutral_face:

4 Likes

I think they are just throwing old in/famous spells at all the classes to get people’s nostalgia to kick and see what sticks. A somewhat desperate move IMO, but justifiable after BFA in general and 8.3 in particular.

1 Like

True - it’s an iconic spell albeit an unwanted one. Is there a spell you’d rather they gave Hunters?

2 Likes

I think marked shot was superior to rapid fire, but I think I’m in the minority there.

Personally I think we should just roll hunters back to late legion and go from there.

1 Like

Let’s strike.

Everyone refuse to use it until they change it.

1 Like

Personally…

• Distracting Shot, preferably with the addition of it being able to interact with Misdirection as well.

• A defensive dispell as a replacement to the pet-based tranq we’ve had now for a while. Since that in itself has been removed in favor of the return of Tranquilizing Shot.

• Aspect of the Fox, the WoD version where it was a raid-wide CD. With some modifications in order to not heavily promote class stacking.

• Camouflage as a baseline ability.

• Something like the old pet talent-system to allow us to better “train” our pets for what we do. Sure, we make the initial choices for what pets we tame but it feels good to also have some further choices in addition to that.

• The original Stampede as a major CD for BM. Optional or otherwise.

• The reintroduction of the choice BM used to have between Barbed Shot(Dire Frenzy) and Dire Beast.

And more.

Oh yeah, almost forgot…

The return of pre-Legion Survival/RSV

As a 4th spec.

2 Likes

OMFG THIS more so than anything else.

2 Likes

give me this, it was the best cd!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.