Please do something about boosting meta

Yeah, there are some nice things in dungeons that will help leveling, but prior to lvl30, the time spent getting a group, going to the dungeon and completing the dungeon, combined with the speed of leveling at those levels means anything except “instant group, everyone already there, clean clear” is inefficient.

It changes a little for SM cath for casters and SM Arms for melee. I’d say the only ones that are compulsory for melee is the bonebiter quest in SM and Thrash Blade in Mara.

Get rid of boosting and people will revert back to this type of leveling. You’re acting like this isn’t having a negative effect on the game? An example is people who just start Classic or were late to the party and wanted to try it out, how are they going to afford boosting? boosters have negatively impacted their initial playing experience.

I’m not convinced, classic doesn’t have a constant influx of a lot of new players, most of the people leveling are people doing their 3rd, 4th or in some cases 6th character, they don’t want to waste time wiping in deadmines with nubs. There is also a lot less people leveling than there was at the start, so unless there is a fresh server I think leveling will consist mostly of solo questing/grinding, with even less people leveling if boosting was done away with.

There is also something to be said for the fact that boosting was a thing in Vanilla as well, just not on the current scale with mages doing 300+ mob pulls in Mara, being able to carry a friend who just started is something most of us want to do.

Does it negatively impact new players who are starting classic a year after launch, of course it does, but so does the fact that 95% of players who are going to play classic already being lvl60. New players would struggle with groups for many dungeons regardless, in many cases they’ll also struggle with 5 mans from 50 - 60 and the prebis grind. An established player goes straight from leveling into being carried and geared out in ZG and MC.

Remember that the main difference between Classic and Vanilla is that during Vanilla the number of players keep increasing from launch day until WOTLK. In Classic it’s the opposite, subscriptions/active players was the highest on launch day and has been dropping ever since.

1 Like

I think the boosting meta is absolutely disgusting. And something I have never experienced this bad when I was playing vanilla back in the day.

“Maybe increase xp for doing dungs with a normal group and nerf xp gain in a boosted group!”

That seems to be a perfect solution. In addition to that (because mages will just put more people in the group to bypass it) they should decrease experience gained when someone in the group is i.e. +5 or +10 levels above the dungeons recommended level.

Boosting is really ruining the real “vanilla” experience and it’s not how it should be. Fine if people want to play mage and abuse their overpowered AOE abilities to make easy gold, but with boosting they really ruin it for other players as well.

5 Likes

That’s just the starting symptom. Next in line is when you get raid ready you’ll be asked to spend hours on getting world buffs and consumables for trivial content.

And if you decide to PvP you’d be met with countless premades until you join one yourself and again be asked to spend up to 100g per game on consumables.

Yeah sorry about your experience but the fun has been min-maxed out of World of Warcraft, perhaps try another game.

5 Likes

thats why they need to overboard the #nochanges and start to make adjustments accordingly to keep the vanilla experience alive.

4 Likes

I think they are doing a good job with the amount of exploits being shut down.
No matter what they do people will always take the path of least resistance and find new ways to be “efficient”. It’s just the player mentality that needs to change, but it never will.

From what point of view is the true vanilla experience?
Yours?
Mine?
Bob?
Sapp?

The experience you get or feel while playing differs from person to person imo.

1 Like

I think we can all agree that not being able to find a low level dungeon group due to boosting is not how it is intended to be.

3 Likes

So you want to downgrade the experience for those able to afford the boosts one year after launch, because you want to upgrade you experience? You sound like a special snowflake

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s purely because of boosting, I think it’s because unlike Vanilla we do not have a constant influx of new players wanting to experience low level content. Add to it, that most of the players leveling now are most likely alts of people with an existing lvl60, odds are that if boosting was nerfed XP-wise, they’d just get a lvl60 buddy to run them through for quests then go back to doing quests/grinding.

Speaking for Alliance here:

• Deadmines can be efficient to run if you get a good group, just because you spend 5 - 6 levels in Westfall, and can do quests/grind while waiting for the group to form. It’s not efficient if it’s a group of nubs who wipe multiple times.

• Stockades is generally efficient to run if you get a good group fast, since you won’t be able to do a lot of grinding while waiting for the group and it can take a while to get to the instance if you are questing out in the world. Generally not worth it if you have multiple wipes, the loot generally sucks too.

• SM can be efficient to runonce if you get a really solid group that can do all 4 wings for quest completion, or multiple times in a cleave group.

• ZF is generally efficient if you get a solid group, that are all in Tanaris and can clear it for a full quest run or if you can do it as a spellcleave group.

• ST is generally rarely efficient, it’s far away from main quest zones, it’s difficult and a general PITA to do at the right level.

• Mara is generally not worth doing for XP, you only do it for Thrash blade and Blackstone if melee.

The trouble with Mara and ST, is that by the time you have the levels to get a reasonably clean clear, you can also start farming BRD, which has generally better loot and is less of a PITA in terms of travel time.

If they nerfed the boosting xp, the meta would switch to rotate different alts in pure grinding mobs with rested xp. I would not for a second think of going to a dungeon with a random group if that change was made and im positive im not the only one

2 Likes

And I’m positive that the number of people doing low level dungeons would increase. Because that’s based on basic mathematics and statistics. Not emotional feelings like your apparent sureness that everyone thinks exactly the same way that you do.

WTS SM BOOST cath-arms 8g /w me

on a srs note. boosting is idd for ppl who have alot of lvl 60s already. why would they do quest again and waste time.

Im sorry to say, but ur just to late to the party. Quest till 60 and enjoy the game

Your issue isn’t to do with Boosters, it’s to do with low pop server and/or bad horde/alliance ratio.

I’m on a high pop server with lots of boosters, yet never have any issues finding groups or people to group up with me, whether that be from Quests, Low level Dungeons of High level Dungeons.
Also… joining an active guild is a great way to do dungeons too.

2 Likes

i got u a solution level to 60 and boost others in them dubngeons SORTED
You want Blizzard top FORCE players to play with You ?? What are you some special snowflake ??

I can agree on that, but that is mainly the playerbase fault.

1 Like

I completely agree, they should have made changes to recreate that vanilla experience, the Classic community has proven that it needs to be policed by Blizzard and funneled in the right direction, you cannot have a static mmo, Classic has proven this. What happens is the playerbase just cannibalizes itself far faster than what it should.

1 Like

And what is the vanilla experience?

What is vanilla experience?
It’s #Nochanges
What is #Nochanges?
Even more exploitable garbage then what we have now

1 Like

I dunno man, “mUh vAnILla eXpErIeNcE” is about as vague as “the spirit of classic”, the spirit of classic is a complainers interpretation of how Blizzard wants us to play the game, and “mUh vAnILla eXpErIeNcE” is about recreating a subjective feeling that one person had when playing the game.

People have different experiences with the game, for me my true classic experience would be watching a game I love get destroyed by people whining on forums and Blizzard catering to them.

I’m not #nochanges because I think Classic is perfect, I’m #nochanges because of Blizzard having a 15 year trackrecord of making bad ones.

2 Likes

Still don’t buy it.

Played vanilla, classic seem pretty perfect to me.
With or without changes.

That means go back to max 1024x860 resolution.
Bring back oringial client
revert current UI
bring back severe lagg to those countries who had bad internet conections back in 2005.