Please just let us kill sylvanas

There is absolutely no excuse for the things she did. Blizzard gave their best to make the War of Thorns end as badly as possible and people expected that Sylvanas would eventually get punished for what she did, but she won’t and it even was confirmed that she won’t die.

Why not let the Night elves reconquer their land up until Orgrimmar then just burn the city down including Sylvanas.
That would be decent revenge for the night elves and it wouldn’t look like the alliance are just the horde’s punching bags again and again.

This is war, but a really one sided one. The horde attacks the alliance, aiming to slowly and painfully kill innocents and Anduin thinks about making peace and working together with the horde?..

There is absolutely no Redemption for Sylvanas, not after the War of Thorns, not after she took every measure and succeeded her mission: genocide.

2 Likes

checks computer and adjusts his nerdy glasses.

Computer says “no” sorry.

6 Likes

It was not confirmed that she wouldn’t die, it was confirmed that she wouldn’t die THAT QUICKLY.

and Anduin thinks about making peace and working together with the horde?..

Without even reading your post, I knew just by the fact that you were a night elf player with the Night Warrior eyes that you would complain about Anduin somehow.

Yes. Anduin believes in peace. He always believed in peace, and if more people were like him the world would be a better place. In case you hadn’t noticed, there is a satanic sword stuck in the planet’s core and an old god on the loose.

While he believes in peace, he also thinks that to attain it you must be willing to fight. Which is what he is doing, and he was doing a good job at that, seeing how the Alliance would have won the war in 8.2, if not for Sylvanas’ suicidal strategy in Nazjatar.

1 Like

or the world would be destroyed because they would try to make peace with the scourge, the legion or the old gods and then get backstabbed by them.

how would the alliance have won? all that happened was horde and alliance teaming up with the horde against azshara

or the world would be destroyed because they would try to make peace with the scourge, the legion or the old gods and then get backstabbed by them.

:man_facepalming: I meant peace with enemies who can be reasoned with, such as the “honorable” Horde rebels. What type of enemy do you think Varian was referring to, when he told him that he had to fight to build a lasting peace?

how would the alliance have won? all that happened was horde and alliance teaming up with the horde against azshara

Nathanos himself states that the Horde was losing on all fronts. Shaw states they could have won the war in a matter of weeks.

1 Like

the honorable ones, those that didn’t turn evil and commited horrible crimes.

I’m not believing anything before I actually see the alliance atleast scratching Sylvanas

1 Like

Yes? Good on your reading skills, I suppose?

I’m not believing anything before I actually see the alliance atleast scratching Sylvanas

What part of “Sylvanas’ second-in-command literally spells out to her that they are losing on every front” do you not understand?

Just so everyone knows.
She is not my alt.
I dont have alts.

Seriously creepy how much she reminds me of myself.

To Zaeya.
Blizzard has always favor’s the horde since cataclysm.
The alliance will always be hurt and then left to burn while the horde gets a bizilion chance’s to betray our trust again.

Sylvanas will not get killed because of what she did to the night elf but because she betrayed the horde.
After she will travel to alternate azaroth and leading there scourge into invading the real azaroth.

That is how little trust we have in blizzard writting skill.

As daelinna give’s an exelent example off:
Bizzard way of given alliance victory is tell dont show.
Aka we are told we won.
We are shown the horde wins.
Blizzard is either really incomptent or so horde baised that they dont see this.

Now do your part for the night elves and slaughter every single horde you can.

1 Like

True, there’s the problem of telling and not showing. But I insist that a direct statement from the second-in-command of the Warchief is extremely important.

Just going to leave this here:

Anduin cannot speak on behalf of the Alliance as a whole, we have already seen Tyrande and Genn’s defiance, disagreements are bound to happen after what we have seen in the Baine rescue cinematic.(Jaina continues to be a contradictory character, that changes her mind on whims and stupidity)
Sylvanas has been absent the entire expansion, she had few words here and there but was not on any front, was not involved directly in anything post Undercity, she resorts to sending her pet Blightcaller or random assassins as well as dark rangers, she is acting like a spokesperson or higher up in management. we have to wait for 8.3 to see the ‘‘Big twist’’ Blizzard are planning. Regardless she will never be forgiven, and I am certain the Night Warrior is going to ruin whatever peace between the Horde and the Alliance that we have seen begin to sprout at the end of 8.2.

2 Likes

Anduin cannot speak on behalf of the Alliance as a whole, we have already seen Tyrande and Genn’s defiance, disagreements are bound to happen after what we have seen in the Baine rescue cinematic.

Considering how pretty much everyone (except Tyrande, who stays salty) has never complained about Anduin despite knowing his stance on war, and that Greymane himself agrees with him that only Sylvanas, and not the entire Horde, is the problem, nice way of blowing this out of proportions.

(Jaina continues to be a contradictory character, that changes her mind on whims and stupidity)

True. In that regard I suppose Tyrandumb is more consistent.

and I am certain the Night Warrior is going to ruin whatever peace between the Horde and the Alliance that we have seen begin to sprout at the end of 8.2.

No. The Night Warrior already had her revenge.

2 Likes

To be honest, I really believed that peace between the Alliance and the Horde would be possible.

But than something called BfA had to be created.
I never would had thought I would actually hate a Activision Blizzard story so much to the point that not having any will to do high level content.

While in legion I couldn’t wait to get to Argus, see the next chapter, face all those legions of demons, in BfA Nazjatar going to be the next Nazxxramas for me.
A place I will see in YouTube as I have zero interest in it.

As said in the lore Teldrassil is a wound that will never heal.
When that happened I was enfuriated.
Activision Blizzard had to do something, so dramatically that it doesn’t even hide their desire for eternal war.
Zero respect for Night Elves community, zero respect for Thrall Honoured principles.
This is where I see why Varian and Vol’Jin had to be killed …

Now we are forced to join up, for what ?
So we have war again, afterwards ?
I used to think there was hope now I just wish BfA would be the end of WoW.
Make the Alliance get their retribution, game over, as in the two first RTS.
No more expansions, it’s over.

Remember those Marvel/DC comics ?
Good luck trying to wait for Batman to clear Gotham city or The X-man to find a better future for the mutants, it will never happen.

They need to sell comics.

Rest assured there will never be peace, because Activision Blizzard made sure that will never happen.
Ceasefire ?
Yes.
Peace ?
Not after Teldrassil.

My opinion:
It is said that Activision blizzard is Horde biased, since Cataclysm.
Let us assume that is true.
But what kind of Horde mentality does this developers have ?

Certainly is not Thrall Horde in mind as Sylvanas Horde has zero respect for Thrall’s principles.

They had so much respect for Jaina and Thrall relationship that they wrote a mana bomb between them and coincidence, Thrall got married in that period.
His worst decisions, start in that period, like leaving the Horde to Garrosh …

Good way to bring back Orgrim Doomhammer Horde.

Since I read in the forum’s they regret removing Garrosh as a character.

Sorry that’s #notmyhorde.

If we look at Sylvanas Horde it has all the Garrosh Horde vibes:

• Brutal.
  • Ruthless.
  • Murderous.
  • Old God magic.
  • Conqueror.
  • Atrocities like Theramore.

That’s my opinion.
Cheers.

1 Like

How about no ?

Killing the last few remaining iconic characters Warcraft still has would be terrible.Sylvanas is a wild card in a sea of generic characters that WoW has.Just because she is different does not mean she needs to die.

Stop taking things so personal.

5 Likes

Errr, Nope?

Ah, I get it, you want an ‘I Win’ button. Alliance loses a city, Horde loses a city, therefore to make things equal, Horde must lose two Cities. Got it…

Did you read the novel? Heck, did you watch the Warbringer cinematic. Sylvanas -Failed- her mission! I mean she had two objectives, and she achieved neither. That pretty much counts as a ‘Well, you tried’. Genocide was never the intention. Sylvanas didn’t plan it, Saurfang didn’t plan it, heck, even Tyrande knew that wasn’t Sylvanas’ intention, she directly -says- this in game to the Alliance ‘Hero’ “Go to Darnassus, try to aid our people, so that the occupation is its most …tolerable” She -knows- Sylvanas’ plan, better than all these people shrieking about Genocide. Yes, that is what -happened- but until she threw a hissy fit over what Summermoon said to her, that was not the plan, that was never the mission.

Biiiiig difference between any of those three powers, and the Horde. The Horde -does- have leaders who can be bargained with and engaged in Diplomacy with. Thrall, was a statesman (In fact I have just realised what the recent cinematic reminded me off, a poignant moment from a Graphic Novel, but that’s going off on a tangent), Cairne, was not a bloodthirsting maniac, his son, even less so. Vol’jin, whilst savage, as the Darkspear are, was capable of looking beyond his race in terms of friendship, Sylvanas, Yeah, well, OK, She’s nuts. Lor’themar famously just wants what is best for his people, he doesn’t want to invade anywhere, he would just like it if the rest of the world would keep the noise down, thank you, and leave the Elves be. Gallywix doesn’t care as long as he is rich, and Ji Firepaw seems like that amiable frat boy type who would be a blast to go out on the lash with on a Friday night.

You can’t compare that to the sere and dread forces of implacable mortality, -Demons- and Cthonic horrors from a time beyond space.

Aaaand that, Ladies and gentlemen, pretty much wraps up any sensible discussion on the matter. Gotta love that ‘Horde Bias’

Tell me, did you play Legion? You remember the bit where the opening cinematic for the Alliance was 20 seconds of Alliance, and 3 minutes of the Horde Warchief dying heroically? You don’t, huh…go figure. Wait, you must remember the bit where Horde races were dishing out orders to the Alliance character? Right? I mean you must remember the Army of Legionfall commanders gathered together on Broken Shores, every single one of them of a Horde Race, one of them even a Horde racial leader? You don’t…Golly gosh. Oh, what about the time when you as the Alliance Hero had to take direct orders from one of the Horde Racial Leaders, to save their husband? You don’t remember that? Come on, you must remember the bit where the Horde pulled a magical McGuffin out of their backside, and decided to go off and save the cosmos, and they were so nice they even allowed one single Alliance person on their spaceship, whilst the command deck was all Horde races and all the npc’s on the ship were wearing Silvermoon Tabards?

No?

That’s right. Because that never happened. Play Legion on Horde. You get -one- moment of investure. -One-, and even then, only if you play Blood Elf (The Liberation of Suramar). The Entire Faction may as well just not have existed throughout the entirety of Legion, and people still have the nerve to claim that Blizzard favours the Horde?

I guess Cataclysm never happened, or was that a Horde Gunship the players rode to whilst fighting Deathwing. Or the bit where endless Horde Gunships are getting shot down, or ooh, ooh, the Alliance doing War Crimes and getting away with it because they wear blue. Or that bit where the players got to besiege Stormwind and enforce regime change- oh, wait no, it was Orgrimmar… How about killing all those Orcs and winning on an alternative universe, that was sure a proud moment for the Horde…yeah, right. Legion quite visibly happened, I mean that was all in game, that was all Show, not Tell. I mean that literally was entirely The Alliance plus friends goes to save the Galaxy. A whole expansion, just for you.
Now, we even have whole occurances in-game, that -show- the Alliance winning. They invaded the Zandalari Capital and killed the King for goodness sake! They blew up the Golden Armada!
Yes, Darnassus was destroyed. That was a Failure!
Sylvanas’ plan.
1: Kill Malfurion.
Failed.
2. Invade and Occupy Darnassus.
Failed.

She then had to sacrifice her own Capital. Sure -she-ordered its destruction, but that wasn’t exactly her Plan. I mean you don’t Win a War by using Scorched Earth tactics. That’s what you do when you are -Losing-, not when you are Winning!

He rather famously -can- I mean he -is- the ruler of the Alliance. Genn and Tyrande can disagree and do their own thing, but he is still the ruler of the Grand Alliance, like it or not.

And?
And what?
Where is Anduin? I mean he’s good at stabbing tanks, but equally he sends Halford Wyrmbane to spearhead his efforts. Why? Because he is the -King-.

At this rate it seems like Sylvanas did the Kaldorei a favour, at least she gave them back the savage fury that they used to have before they were neutered for the sake of story.

3 Likes

Death to the Fanshee Queen

I think it’s very easy to say ‘Horde bias’ with the way Blizz often treats the Horde, it is however worth noting that doesn’t mean that the Horde has it any better, the truth is simply that both factions are abused by the dev’s in wildly different ways.
Due to this difference in treatment however, there is a clear inclination among people of both sides to look at the other and cry ‘BIAS’.

On the topic of Sylvanas they did say that she won’t die that quickly, but as you might recall neither did Garrosh, or Gul’dan, her time will come, no doubt, in the meantime everyone else will suffer of course because her personal narrative needs to be allowed to run it’s course, presumably to lead into the next expansion.

Personally I would much rather see her fail miserably, see her schemes turn to dust. The moment Vol’jin chose her in Legion it became evident that Blizz had something grand in mind for her. Considering just how many groups and characters they’ve been willing to throw under the bus to ensure the success of that narrative means they must have a lot of faith in it, though even that doesn’t mean it’ll be good…or logical…or satisfying.

Point being that we’re all stuck in the same hole-ridden boat shouting at each other while the guy who put all the holes in the boat stands on the shore patting himself on the back.

1 Like

Just because characters were there from the start doesn’t mean they should be immune to death.

Just because characters have been around for a while doesn’t mean they should be immune to being killed.

3 Likes

When Blizzard can prove that they can still make characters that can come close to what we had in past i can accept some losses.

Until then no.

But i guess some are happy with characters such as Baine , Voss & friends.

2 Likes