Please NEVER do this again

Azerite traits and essences lock me to PvP / PvE or Raiding/Mythic+…

So fail.

14 Likes

Fair enough, whats your solution to traits then? I have to pay hundreds of gold every time to swap …

Also, lets be honest, going to swap them at silithus constantly is a tedious annoyance.

1 Like

The fact my raid tank has no PvP essense does not impact her survivability in any way. Also I am not 100% sure that simcraft is fully accurate claiming it is dps gain to have pvp essences…

1 Like

Why do you go to Silithus to swap?

Yes but if u are pushing high rating or clearing mythic raid content. "Close " aint cutting it.

415 ( normal raid ) seems to work well enough, specially if you want different builds, you can get alot of sets by doing 1 +10 and wait for weekly chest

unless you want to be in the top 5% you don’t need to do those activities you don’t like.
if you want to be, you already need a nearly job-like approach to the game, essences or not.
I never felt the need to farm PVP essences in order to raid HC.

2 Likes

You can swap them in any City/Inn/etc and/or with the talent tomes

Good old way : two items for each 3 slots if you need to respec, or just pick the most optimal traits for your favourite content and accept that you’ll fall behind a bit on the other content.

As usual unless you’re raiding mythic you can easely afford to not min max your character for every bit of content

Essences might have worked if it was there at the start of the expansion. But its simply late to the party and alot of people who already got bored of grinding HoA levels just did not want to grind these annoying essences. There have been way more afkers in random bgs due to the pvp essences as people felt obligated to get them. And the mechagon ones are also garbage because the items required for it pretty much only come 1 per day unless they made some changes to that. And the achievements are not even account wide.

There is simply no point at all in trying to farm them now this late in the expansion when most players already got a burn out from this expansion

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Double facepalm. For when one just doesn’t cut it.

You can change essences in any rested area. You only need to go to silithus to learn a new essence.

Re; traits, simple carry pieces for each trait setup. I’ve been a bit lazy on grinding mine, but still I have 3 pieces for each spec at 435 ilevel and now working on the 450 pieces.

If you only do pvp, tough break. But I’d recommend running at least 1 mythic 10 a week. The residiuum you get is enough to buy 2 430 pieces a week.

You act as if it’s something new.

Wasn’t the entirety of classic which so many people here praise and consider the godhood of all MMORPG’s about grinding useless stuff, to even be able to GET INTO raids and dungeons, etc?

All of that pre-work to get into a raid and get raid gear, so that you’d finally be able to succeed in pvp, join more pve’s, and reach the end game?

So now since its name is azerite and back then it was rep with hydraxian waterlords or a long quest chain, that old one was gold and the new one is trash.

If you can’t grind, then mmorpg isn’t really suited for you dude.

3 Likes

Don’t want to do content? Deal with the fact that you won’t have the benefits/rewards that content provides.

I’d prefer if essences, gear, reputation and everything else was much harder to get, especially when it comes to first time getting something. Some relief for alts, but that’s all.

You work hard for something and you finally get it, the thing you got feels much more worthy and you have an actual advantage over someone who didn’t put the effort that you did - it feels good.

You want to play a few hours a week and have everything that someone who plays few hours a day has? No can do, sorry. Invest time or stop crying.

2 Likes

exactly. when i reached rank 3 with my condensed life force from heroic raiding, it felt great. It required effort and it meant something.

Although, i would have rather preferred if it was an account wide thing instead of character specific.

3 Likes

You can have 3x3 sets of 420 azerite gear from 1 weekly mythic+ chest residuum. Sorry isn´t that enough ?

No I do not feel that the PvP essence is even worth my time and effort as tank, let alone me feeling it be worthier once I go trough this garbage that BfA tank PvP is.

1 Like

Then don’t get it, get PvE essences instead.

If you are pushing high rating or clearing mythic raid content, then getting that essence is the least time-consuming, boring grind you have to do in order to get to max performance.

If you want to minmax then play every aspect of the game.
If you don’t want to minmax, play what you enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed , not to mention u need gear to do all the core activities wow has to offer , they just forced players to even more grinding .

As i said and will said before it’s burning out players and they feel they are forced upon endless grinds .