Please, no more female lead characters Blizzard

It became boring fast with all them female leads, now Blizzard is taking the right path with class identity,even tho a bit more class fantasy quests are ALWAYS welcome by the true lore fans, you just need to make the story less obvious/repetitive. More engaging and more depth, actual characters that matter and STAY instead of the old same ones we always seem to go back to… (Example: Thrall, Jaina, etc…)

1 Like

…I have no idea how your sentences/clauses fit together.

1. Too many famale leads.
  2. Focussing on class identity is a good thing.
  3. Repetive and obvious stories are bad.
  4. We should… always follow the same characters?
  5. We shouldn’t go back to the characters we are usually following?

Really, help me out here… is there some connection between these? Some argument, maybe? Or are that just unrelated statements you wanted to throw out to… I guess provoce a reaction?

8 Likes

It’s impressive how you went from that first premise and ended up on Thrall.

1 Like

Just simple suggestions, story wise, dont take me wrong on the female leads part tho, i’d say the same if it was too much male oriented. But right now it feels… Forced…

1 Like

Wait, Thrall is female?

In this age and time…you can be anything, and sue anyone who disagrees!

3 Likes

It’s 2020, you can be anything.

2 Likes

Probably an unpopular opinion to most, but I can see where the OP is coming from. In recent times more & more female characters have become a lot more prevalent & taken centre stage. Though this isn’t necessarily a bad thing, female characters in powerful roles are somewhat over represented & male characters falling behind.

Example 1 - Wrath of the Lich King… Main/stand out characters were, Arthas AKA The Lich King (obviously), Tirion Fordring, Muridin Bronzebeared, Bolovar Fordragon. Some stand out moments… Brann Bronzebeared in Halls of Stone & with the Opening of Ulduar, heated confrontation between Garrosh Hellscream & Varian Wrynn both with the opening of Ulduar as well as in TotC, The Wrathgate & the betrayal of Grand Apothecary Putress.

Example 2 - Battle for Azeroth… main/stand out characters, Jaina Proudmoore & her mum Katherine Proudmoore, Sylvanas Windrunner, Queen Azshara, Priscilla Ashvane, Talia Fordragon, Talanji Queen of the Zandalari, Tyrande Whisperwind going all anime emo.

Yes, in WotlK both Jaina & Sylvanas were there & had a good amount of character building, but lets be honest the guys took centre stage throughout most the expansion.
Yes, in BFA male character such as Andiun, Magni, Saurfang, Genn have had a decent amount of character building, but again lets be honest, the women are centre stage, as “powerful” role models & tend to dominate the story.

In typical Blizzard fashion, they operate in pendulum swings, so they never seem to get the balance quite right… Too much of one thing or not enough of the other. A combination examples 1 & 2 would be great & fair. But celebrating/promoting masculinity isn’t “trendy” at the moment… Even in a fantasy, medieval styled war game. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Exactly, bad path to take for Blizzard in terms of lore, it feels, “childish” and forced nowadays in order to agree to everyone’s tastes globally.

Lol this thread is so sexist. So you have no problem when men are at the lead, but as soon as someone like Jaina or Sylvanas is starting drama it becomes a problem? Gtfo.

Oh and, btw, you’ll be following Tyrande in Ardenweald and Draka in Maldraxxus, so have fun :smile:

7 Likes

Oh god, do we now have to hear that representation crap from both sides? I don’t frickin’ care about what groups, genders or tail lengths are represented. I care about the way it is done.

Are male characters systematically replaced by versions of them with boobs? I would hate that, but that isn’t happening.
Are most male characters demeaned and villainized especially to make it all about female struggle against the patriarchy? I would hate that as well, but that isn’t happening either.
Are male characters cut out of their own stories in favour of female ones that don’t have as much of a place in it? Another bad thing… that I don’t see happening.

So… what I see is them introducing new stories, in which females sometimes have the lead. I’m not about to count how many males and female lead stories there are, because it really shouldn’t matter.

Also, the main protagonist of BfA is undoubtedly Saurfang. His support brought on the War of Thornes, and with that the Fourth War itself, his defection spread rebellion within the Horde, and his confrontation with Sylvanas ended the war, and we get to experience it all in emotional detail from his perspective. Everything else was a side story.

2 Likes

It’s only “crap” from one side to be fair.

2 Likes

I disagree.

ok

/654321

1 Like

Make the characters good.
I don’t care what gender they are.

Annoying characters or characters we’ve seen a lot of, need to sit out. Sylvanas and Anduin, to name just two annoying characters.

9 Likes

Yeah pretty much this.

3 Likes

No. I don’t want to stare at dudes all day long. Keep the ladies flowing, Blizz. Alexstrasza if you’d please.

3 Likes

Ye I am on the same boat as Leia. Just make characters actually good so I don’t pay attention to what gender they are.

Because no matter if it’s a guy or female a lot of major lore characters are just terrible.

4 Likes

At this stage, I consider the only realistic faction leaders are Genn and Talanji.

Genn hates Sylvanas, wants her dead. Simple.
Talanji always stood by not serving the Horde. They were Zandalari allies and that’s it.

3 Likes

As a woman… (and it’s sad that I have to say that to attempt to curb the “sexist” “Misogyny” crap that gets brought up) representation” is stupid.

I don’t need female pixels to enjoy a game. I don’t feel represented just because someone has the same curves as me in the front. I don’t need them in order to relate to a character either.

I don’t care what the character is in any way shape or form I care what they do, what their personality is like and how they act.

Make good characters. If they are Male fine, if they are female, fine.

4 Likes