Please open TBC Classic server

I’m an Era player, but I fully support this, although specifically the “TBC ERA servers”.

I never played the original TBC if not through Wrath’s TBC dungeons many years later on a deserted shard RPPvP pserver hosted by my university-pals from 2010.

I was glad to see the announcement for TBC Classic but when I realized about the whole boosting crusade meta and toxicity being rampart I threw the towel on it. I just got the Argent Dawn limited time tabard then uninstalled it and kept playing Era without a single regret.

If anyone is curious, I managed to find again the interview where Holly Longdale said they weren’t going to offer TBC Era realms:

What baffled me is how she said they did so to not split the community and then instantly added they were willing to open more Seasonal realms, even for TBC.

1 Like

I corrected that for you.

1 Like

We just don’t know what the future of Classic progressive realms is - will they progress to Cataclysm, Legion, Shadowlands.
When we know what the last expansion for Classic would be, then we can think about restart and progress for second time.
If TBC Classic server is opened now - what would be its population. Characters cannot return from Wrath to TBC. Then will it be a fresh server with no population? Or transfers from Classic Era will be allowed (the only place that has compatible characters at the moment)?

I would love to play a season of tbc. WOTLK is great and all but this far in there’s little to do other than raidlogging.

3 Likes

See, I always though cata was the beginning of the end, then I considered mop being the changing point. Either way I felt safe in my knowledge that wrath was good.

I was wrong.

See wrath is where it changes. It brings stuff in and removes other stuff. (Achievement as attunement for examples)

It hit me that the groupings of wow are better explained as

Vanilla+tbc
Wrath+cata
Mop+wod

Legion

Who cares about the rest.

Ok sure they opened paladin and shaman and you get draenei and blood elves. Neither of those are bad things. The new zones aren’t all poop either. Nagrand is awesomeness.
Also the flying, yeah if you need you PvP epeen servicing it might be upsetting but at least it’s not just given out. You have to wait till 70 and then save the 5k if you wanna go faster than ground mounts!

I’d happily play TBC era, I realised wrath just wasnt what I expected or wanted.

Classic era will do for now though.

4 Likes

No, it started with TBC.

The reason TBC does not have Era servers is the lack of engagement of TBC players to truly perpetuate their favorite version of the game.

Truth is, Classic enthusiasts cloned their characters and kept them on Era. We have built the foundation for what Classic Era is today. Before that, we spent years on Classic pservers fighting for a re-release of our favorite game until we got it. We were laughed at publicly by Blizzard, we were mocked by retail players for our no changes philosophy, we have been attacked for the majority of Era’s lifespan for playing on “ded” servers.

Yet here we are.

TBC players on the contrary were ok with mounts, boosts, monofaction servers, same faction bgs (LOL) and moving on to Wotlk. While I would support a TBC Era server, I would still not want it under the conditions TBC had during the re-release.

In fact and IMO, a vas majority of players never cared about TBC, the game. They just cared about their meta, their progress in whatever phase, and what position they occupied in the rat race.

I still remember TBC pre-patch and playing a few BGs with my level 59 mage (fresh dinged) in blues. 90% of players in those BGs were boosted with MC/BWL-caliber greens one shotting me, despite the fact I had actually leveled up my char organically.

Never again. No thanks.

2 Likes

It will die rly fast mate, they will loose so much money on it. Vanilla and mabey WOTLK might be on forever. WOTLK was the prime for many arena people.

the reason why this never happens is arena
you may play endless battlegrounds but not season 3 all the time
Arena Titels are one-off season titles as well as mounts and tabards
what else can I say? Vanilla 4ever😊

1 Like

For you maybe. In 2007 more and more people played and the expansion. Review of TBC at the time are all positive so you’re a minority.

Why falsely? It’s an expansion, it brought a new continent, a new level cap and new raids/pvp systems. Purely objectively speaking ofc, which you have a hard time doing looking at how you write.

I can understand this point as it was the first time such a thing happened.

Again very subjective. I love all TBC zones and lore, as do a lot of people.

How very dramatic :roll_eyes: there’s way wayyy worse stuff down the line that ‘killed’ wow. Why the ’ ’ ? Because WoW - as in retail - is still very much alive, looking at how busy servers are.

And no, I stopped playing SL and DF because it’s not my thing, but I can’t deny it’s still being played by a lot of players, those are just facts.

Again very subjective. I agree Wrath has a lot of stuff retail got more fleshed- out eventually but TBC just added to Vanilla, it took nothing away. Back in 2007 there still was more than enough wpvp in halaa, Hellfire and even Zanga, even w/o flying.

Besides a LOT of stuff in TBC were things the devs were working on anyway to add to Vanilla. Flying, kara, Hellfire, Black Temple… all confirmed that blizz was working on those things to add in Vanilla, but they didn’t have enough time so they made an expansion.

Just because you dislike something doesn’t mean it’s bad, and I’m pretty sure you won’t even respond to my points, or cherry pick a single quote.

6 Likes

I fear this is true. There’s few true TBC die-hards out there. The players you describe would rush into fresh and zerg to meta and then eventually raidlog and complain there’s nothing to do.

I just want to ‘live’ in TBC and level alts and experience the zones and raids in a healthy server, but I fear this will never happen again.

That’s why I would compromise and re-do fresh so I can experience TBC again, albeit in the same rushrush setting.

5 Likes

Progressive classic realms will move to Cata and many players will want Wrath realms and those who want Wrath are more than those who want TBC. So we’ll end up with 4 different classic clients. I think restart from Vanilla and progress through TBC and Wrath is the better solution.

3 versions of classics would be the best solution. I do doubt people will progress vanilla->wotlk for 4-5 years once more (this is a personal opinion, so I might be wrong).

I agree with you. TBC is the best supplement of the three classic for me. The heroics in TBC were very good and required a certain setup. Karazhan with his music and all that. I got bored in Wrath, heroic dungeon are boring, you don’t need to farm chemistry, crafting is cheap. Also in TBC, I liked attunes and various quest chains for them.

8 Likes

TBC was WOW at it’s best, lets do it.

11 Likes

Explain. It has no world and no factions. its literally standing in a neutral city and raiding.

You really don’t understand how an opinion works, do you?

1 Like

Didn’t you know? We have to take Uprights word as the gospel truth and their opinion as 100% right.

Disagreeing is heresy. :wink:

3 Likes

it could really be fun a get tbc classic era for classic was really fun and relaxing for you did not think about so many things like you need now

3 Likes

The best thing would be to have 1x server for every expansion at all times.
So yeah 1x TBC server would be much obliged!

4 Likes