Please release BGs on an accelerated schedule

I was originally in the “no changes” camp but the thought of having no Arathi Basin until phase 4 which could be 6 months away is not very appealing. Not getting WSG and AV along with the honor system also seems highly illogical given how a lot of players will be max rank in the next couple of weeks. Waiting 2 more phases for the first BGs is just too long.

Keep the PvE content phased so as to provide that good, steady progression but release all the BGs in phase 2 will the honor system please otherwise I’m likely to burn out of the game before they even come out!!!

5 Likes

No changes

Time line is fine, organize some city raids :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This wouldn’t make any sense. In vanilla, it took weeks after WSG was released to have the first max ranks on the server. This was (if I remember correctly) a few months, maybe more, after the introduction of the honor system itself. Tarren Mill vs Southshore was the first BG in WoW.

While AB is my favorite battleground, I don’t see any reason to divert from the vanilla experience and progression path. It worked. It will work again. No changes.

4 Likes

I don’t think they will because I’ve been seeing posts about the rank 12-14 gear is just as strong as the Ahn Qiraj set. So if people obtain these before Ahn Qiraj gets here, it’s too op compared to the other pve raiding gear.
But I know what you mean, I only want to pvp. The thought of having to wait like 3 months for bg’s to come out is annoying.

lol im not even lvl 60, i hope it takes a very long time.

2 Likes

I think the timelines are fine, however they should release AV along with WSG and AB. The av rewards (though maybe it already changed by 1.12) like TUF/Lobo will be useless if they delay the release as long as planned.

In actual vanilla, not everyone played from day 1 and even the people that did tooo months to reach 60 and guilds wouldn’t take people to MC till they’d farmed pre-raid BiS which could also take months.

So when AV eventually released, a lot of the rewards were still highly relevant as the majority of the player base were still running about in blues.

Like it or not, classic is on an accelerated timeframe because the players are. If they stick to a slow PvP release schedule, everyone will burn-out and get bored.

Taking myself as one example, I put hundreds of hours into vanilla but joined when BGs were already out so WSG and AB are very much a part of the classic levelling experience for me. I’m not 47 without any BGs and I am almost entirely burnt out on levelling because I’ve had nothing to break it up.

3 Likes

I wish Arathi Basin was in phase 3. It’s, by far, my favourite BG.

Shhhh Let the no changes idiots enjoy their months of no content

1 Like

Timeline with honorsystem, but without BG:s is the best one. After that world pvp dies and game loses huge part of personality.

For me better not introduce Instanced PvP ever again, better come up with some new ideas like resource wars or w/e out in the Open world

Anyways, Blizz will do what the have in plans… and i guess people will play for as long as they have fun.

Just take your time leveling. There is no rush to 60. I’m just chill leveling few nights a week doing all my professions as well not too bothered if i haven’t hit 60 by phase 2.

In one way, I can agree, but at the same time I love Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley way too much to lose them.

All the people saying no to OP are gonna be crying so hard when they get perma ganked and camped everywhere they go by honor farming squads in phase 2.
This isn’t 2005, people know how to optimize honor gain in WPvP now and it isn’t pretty.
Prepare your swim suits folks the tears are gonna be flowing hard on these forums.
Many people will quit over this and that’s not good for the game.
Waiting this long to release BGs is a big mistake.

2 Likes

that is actually the best example why racing to 60 ignoring everything else is pointless because not only you don’t get anything, you also don’t have content to play.

1 Like

No accelerated phase, pls. Not necessary at all. you rushed? bad for you. Most of the rest didnt and are still enjoying a lot.

First, all bugs and exploits fixed and exploiters banned/o punished. Then we can see how phase 2 will go.

3 Likes

true, but must add that, in MMOs, people are a big percentage of the games Content, so some people should socialize a bit more if they feel world has nothing else to offer, ok you rush to lvl 60 or you did what you did for your own device… now wait for rest to reach you and do other stuff

1 Like

Agree! Release BG’s for all us pvp’ers… classic PVE is sooo freaking nerdy and trivial.

Absolutely true. Don’t get me wrong, there will be some fun wPvP skirmishes but there was all the way through vanilla too, long after BGs we’re released.

Most of Phase 2 is just going to be gank squads preying in people who can’t defend themselves. There’s an absolute tonne of that already and it’s not even incentivised yet!

A lot of the arguments against releasing BGs seem to centre around “Don’t rush. I’m didn’t get to 60 yet so I don’t want them” which is a weird argument.

Not everyone who wants BGs are rushing 60. I’m in the largest PvP guild on my server and the general consensus seems to be that people want the BGs asap and yet the average level in the guild is around 30-35. Most people just want to have BGs as an option they can enjoy in addition to levelling.

1 Like