Please remove the Mindgames + UA combo from the game

Hello,

How is this working you ask ? OFC the warlocks and priests here will reply from alts, saying that I’m stupid and the spells are ok and not OP :slight_smile: yeah sure

Blizzard ? Are you reading ?

As a healer, if I have Mindgames on myself, any heal I do does damage instead, so I cannot heal myself. Solution ? I can dispel it with cleanse, so I should be fine. But it’s not like this.
Why?

Because when priests are playing with affliction warlocks (yes, this happens a lot in arenas), the warlock is placing Unstable Affliction on me, so I take up to 20k damage if I dispel it with cleanse.

What are my choices ? Bubble … yeah … gets mass dispelled instantly by the priest and I’m back to square one.

So what are my real choices ?
Heal my self? - NO, because healing myself would mean suicide because of the mindgames mechanic.
Dispel myself? - NO, because I’ll get one shot from Unstable Affliction.

So what is my only option ? Run like crazy, hoping that I’ll survive without doing anything else but running as far as I can from the priest and the warlock.

What is happening in the mean time ? The DPS I should protect dies and leaves party.
Thx for the games you dumb paladin. L2P

Dumb game I would say, allowing such OP mechanics.
You see how this could ruin my day ?

Please change this Blizzard. Thank you.

10 Likes

maybe they can press their own defensives or they can press their interrupts or accept the fact that you got outplayed if the 3 of you are cc’d so the mindgames cast is unavoidable

The only problem is the insane dispel damage from UA. It just needs to be reduced a little bit, make it uncrittable, and then everything is fine. As a dot class design, they need dispel protections. It’s supposed to hurt. Just… not this much.

5 Likes

Are you playing 1vs2 against an SP and a lock or how are they both constantly dotting you and getting mindgames off?
Also BM trinket + wall will safe you most of the times or bubble. So you can survive 2 mindgames setups completely on your own. Your mates should also spam heal you when this happens.

What you also can do is spam dmg during mindgames and remove the debuff so you can heal again.
In general your teammates should help you or/and you shouldnt get in a situation like this at all. Try to avoid UA.
I dont really know any spec that cant help you in that scenario. Offheals, rally, AMZ, massdispell, spam cc etc.

2 Likes

From what I’ve noticed since I came back is that using the BM trinket counts as “healing” and so the mindgames deals damage when you use it.

nope is doesnt

3 Likes

Guess I’ve just been unlucky and been hit with instants or something at the same time for the same amount of health then :neutral_face:
My bad.

maybe you desperate prayer at the same time i dont know

Assuming you or the target you’re intending to heal aren’t already dead, you can also just heal through the Mindgames.

It’s an aids combination but it’s not like Shadow/Aff are going to suddenly burst you down outside of CD’s, it’s almost exclusively rot damage. That or just duck behind a pillar and do it.

1 Like

Mind games is one of needless op spells in games. Here I said it.
Some classes get… some crap like fae transfusion/chain harvest/just another riptide. Some classes get convoke/condemn/mindgames/soulrot.
I call it bs.

Btw priest is only S tier healer now, after paladin got nerfed :x

2 Likes

I’ve always HATED healing against Affliction. It’s my least favourite spec to play against.
Even the FOTM specs don’t annoy me as much as Affliction does.
Constant pressure, I’m playing healing spheres and constantly removing their UA without penalties and yet somehow they still have 30% more damage than everyone else at the end of the arena.
The 6 second interrupt is just cherry on top.

It also seems like the game insists that, when I’m playing against Affliction, it MUST be on Blade’s edge arena where the pillars are hot garbage.

The BFA GCD on Soothing Mist really doesn’t help to deal with spread pressure either.

1 Like

Basicaly an oneshot isnt good for you? Is that what im getting from your post?

4 Likes

Based on your opinion? Or where did this came from?

Inconsistency is the biggest issue with Shadowlands tbh, even within the context of one ability.

Mindgames on a Rogue or Warrior is just a moderate chunk of damage, the reversal effect is nice but realistically it’s not going to save you if used that way; a DPS can blow through the conversion threshold super quickly.

Yet Mindgames on a Fire Mage kills them without ever healing via Cauterise, or on a Shaman talented into Nature’s Guardian is basically an insta-kill if it lands as they drop into range of it.

There are so many variables in play that it’s obvious that they were never going to be able to balance any of it. That includes your assessment of Chain Harvest being mediocre at best for Elemental and Resto, yet incredible for Enhancement.

1 Like

Ok :ok_hand:
Mmmmhhhh

:cry::sob:

1 Like

I don’t need to log on an alt to tell you it’s a l2p issue.

1 Like

I’d be happy with just affli instead being borderline made unplayable again, it doesn’t even feel like a rot class anymore.

cuz its not, 50% of the dmg is based on rapture, rest of the “gameplay” is get a leggo, roll nightfae and run like a little girl in the woods at 3 am. pathetic.
the class is 100% enabled on borrowed power, completely comp reliant, completely relying on the teammates to do anything and every warlock main playing it at high cr thinks its not what it should be and are playing with other top players knowing what they do.

the whole classs needs a rework

2 Likes

I think it would be interesting if destro and affli would be merged together a bit more. Like, direct casted dmg combined with dot instants as a class design (not baked into the same ability).
The way those two designs have been split up with one into destro and the other into affli makes 'em too polarized and too niche, instead of feeling like it’s “whole” again.

It’s the same thing with destro, so much of the damage output is placed into the hard cast by design, making it the direct opposite and yet again niche.

they need to be a baseline between all 3 specs centered around tankiness and cc (warlock shouldnt give a damn about mobility). if u want to be glass canon mobile caster play mage (although shields, tempora, block, caute LOL)

as for destro, i always disliked destro. funnily its currently the last “warlock” spec. demo is a total meme and total garbo even for stuff like solo content its a horrid experience. and affli is not what it should be by fkin miles.

destro has the same spirit like before, just lost some tools, but the other 2 specs have been butchered beyond belief and reworked to completely different states. and i always played aff/demo. always considered destro as the attarded cousin that should have played mage instead. so not really interested in destro per se. but i’m aware for the little experience i have with that spec that they need an overhaul as well, esp on the base spells available to all 3 specs.

i disagree with u, i think they should make the tankiness and cc and tools liek maybe bring back kil jaeden cunning to all 3 specs. but warlocks should have polarized specs that prove total different experience. were not mages.

1 Like