Please revert survival

It’s time to change SV back to how it was. There is no place for melee as a hunter. Please play something else, and let’s not waste another expansion being stuck with this gimped version of MM and the forever boring as hell BM and the waste of spec that is MSV.

Give us ranged survival please. No reason for us to be a spec down once again. Most didn’t sign up for melee. Those that enjoy, just play something else tbh. Like of I wanna heal, I play a healer. End of. Go play one of the many classes with melee specs and leave hunters alone.

16 Likes

Agreed. I used to play hunter as alt/main back in MOP and had tons of fun. Literally had 2 warriors and 2 hunters, that’s how much i enjoyed both classes. With the remake in WoD, i never played the class again.

1 Like

Then why can you equip a huge number of melee weapons?

2 Likes

Same reason why warriors can use bows.

1 Like

To ranged pull groups and deal extra damage if they get immobilised or need to finish off a target out of their range?

I don’t think that’s what the hunters melee weapons are for.

1 Like

Thats like 1% of a warrior’s gameplay. As I said, same for hunters being able to equip a melee weapon.

Yea instead of using other gap closers or any other ability, you should switch to ranged mid fight and wait for the autoattack. It never happens.

Our original intention with melee weapons were stat sticks with limited melee capabilities outside vanilla surv which was a hybrid.

Fun fact about that was that hunters and rogues were able to equip shields as well in the alpha.

1 Like

Here is an even more fun fact.
SV was actually RANGED from vanilla to WoD that’s what? 12 years or something.

I played the ranged iteration /shrug
The fact you are so hung up on a removed aspect -which nobody asked for but some of us accepted it- is laughable.

The very first iteration of survival however were a melee oriented specc with some ranged capabilities as the original last talent trait was a melee ability prior to being changed to a ranged ability around patch 1.12.

http://www.classicwowtalents.appspot.com/index.html?talent=1124125_3 for release talents.

Anyway, you’re not worth wasting more debating on as anyone enjoing and accepting the fate of the specc is apparently an idiot according to you lmao

3 Likes

And yet, none of that actually made you want to abandon your ranged weapon or abilities in favor of only using things focused on melee combat.

Not even that Outdoorsmanship talent category(note: not spec) achieved nor intended for this to be the case. Despite having many elements focused on improving your melee capabilities.

Oh I am not saying that, I’m just pointing out that Survival has always been more melee oriented than the other speccs while still in favor of staying ranged.
That said melee survival hunters were a thing for a while in vanilla, albeit to a much lesser extent as lol survival in vanilla.

I still stand by my hill of accepting that RSV is gone, probably not coming back and while a shame is just a thing to live with.

1 Like

I would argue that this design wasn’t due to SV(along with the other hunter talent categories) not being about providing defined specializations like they are today.

Back then, BM was just that, a talent category which held talents focused on improving your pets(in multiple ways ofc). It was the category for everything involving pets. For the class as a whole.

Take Marksmanship back then. Same as above, not a spec. But a talent category which held talents focused on improving our ranged capabilities.

Survival back then, was not about melee combat, but about improving our baseline toolkit involving survivability, utility, CC and more.
Due to some areas of the game where it would be more difficult to stay away from enemies, it was just natural to have some elements/talents within this category which focused on improving your chances in melee range.

Not really by the intended design of the class. More related to individual player choices. Where players chose to not use ranged abilities even when possible, but instead went into melee range to use Raptor Strike.

Also using MB or CA whenever possible(after being struck). Along with Wing Clip.

One can accept that something has changed. But you can also continue to provide feedback as to what you would like from the class(game) in the future.

Especially if your suggestions are meant as additions to(not replacements for) existing elements.

What I imagine sv hunter should be is what old (wotlk ->wod) enh shaman used to be.
It had good ranged ranged cc and dps abilities while being deadly in melee

You run around with both a sword and bow in your hands, (in my headcannon it should be a single one handed weapon and a bow, but whatever :wink: ) shooting auto shots, explosive arrows and serpent stings, and kill commands from afar with your bow as well as raptor strikes with coordinated assault, while when you move into melee all those abilities would get melee animations instead.

1 Like

So because it had melee elements 12 years ago for a patch or two, yet still RANGED. That warrents being melee now according to you. Bit of a reach no?

I know you don’t like me and all, but you really do spout the most ridiculous excrement…

Oh and btw, I made many suggestions for MSV fixes too. I actually wouldn’t mind if it stayed melee, but just fix it. Its design is not very good. Yes people make it work, but it is an unfinished product. I would much prefer ranged, but if it syays melee then fix it as melee. Like anyone wants to spam ONE melee ability all day and spend 30 focus on a slow, that does nothing except slow and is melee ranged at that for class that is meant to - ironically - not fight in melee range as a melee class.

AND BEING MORE PET DEPENDANT THAN THE PET SPEC…

Like jesus

You know what…

Mongoose bite should increase your dodge chance by 6% every MB. Stacking like mongoose fury up to 30% dodge.

I don’t know why its called Survival with the craptastic survivabilty we have. We should take 10% less damage at all times and turtle should remove all magic debuffs and be reduced to 1.5 minutes and also heal us for 3% HP every second while active.
Mastery should be reduced to 3 seconds and baseline 2% of max health ticks. Increasing by 0.1% every 100 mastery.

That is what SV should be having.

It actually had many melee elements (some shared with other speccs though) up until MoP when they removed the deadzone from hunters, albeit still primarily ranged. I even recall certain glyphs for our melee abilities saving lives on some HC fights back in the day, noteably the raptor strike glyph which gave armor? dodge? parry? I forgot which, but was a life saver in time of need.

Actually I dislike your whining more than you as a person, mostly on behalf of all the

you yourself spew out on a daily, weekly or monthly basis depending.

Which I commented on and even agreed on some points (shocker!) while I disagreed on others.
All classes at this point are between 2 and 4 button rotations, you can thank a pointless pruning across the board for that awful class design we have today.

A thing commented on fairly often, I find myself saying SV is what BM should have been but you know.

Problem here would be for how long would the duration go? Would it just stay as long as you have stacks then build up again? Refresh?
If anything maybe a talent or ability to cause a dodge ala rogue evasion would make more sense or just give us back old deterence which was a dodge and parry buff.

I’d agree on the removal of magic debuffs, possibly the CD reduction but the healing aspect I can’t agree on, considering our sh!tty mastery already does that, though potentially buffing the mastery effect could be a solution although a very half-assed one.

Again, you miss points, show that you have 0 clue on balance and frankly don’t know the class as well as you pretend to do.
Our main kit is our mobility to kite targets while still dealing damage, albeit as melee its a tad more tricky than old RSV, but that is debatable on how tricky and I won’t comment as if my word is the word of the devs lmao I am neither a dev or gladiator player so these are just basic observations based off of facts and how the class works as is, from a biased PvE hero.

I’m sure the more skilled hunters here can weigh in better on the topic, but the fact still stands that some of your proposed fixes and buffs are outright ridiculus.

Anyway, I don’t really have anything else to add at this point, as we go ringa ringa roses on opinions everytime we post. Godspeed on the :wine_glass:

Suggestions like this is why blizzard will never take forum criticism serioulsy :frowning:

4 Likes

I guess it’s a bit of a reach huh Bicmex. Imagine suggesting all that, makes me seem a bit special lol.

SO IMAGINE HOW SPECIAL THE DEVS ARE CONSIDERING THE CURRENT STATE OF DEMON HUNTERS.

Everyone thinks they got a bloody PhD in WoW. No common sense I call it.

It was actually meant to be melee originally, they simply scrapped that somewhere along the line and we ended up with the version we got in vanilla.

1 Like

I seriously miss Cataclysm Survival… Please bring it back Blizzard. You literally ruined my favourite spec in the game.

4 Likes

I don’t know, I kinda like it the way it is. Maybe if they just made them range again but kept everything else as it is now ? But I still want to lob frag grenades at the ennemy.