Please revert today’s feral energy hotfix

[This is a mirror from the US forums to boost visability, cred to OP Potionseler over there]

Several hours ago a hotfix was implemented in the PTR that took away partial energy ticks when ferals enter cat form after spending time in caster form. This is a crucial part to the rotation we’ve been practicing for TBC. This is because a cat druid’s main ability is Shred, which requires 42 energy, JUST over the amount of energy we’d naturally receive from the Furor talent or 2 ticks of energy. The removal of partials makes our standard 2 shred rotation (84 energy) take 1.5 seconds longer, drastically reducing our DPS and removing the fast-paced element of powershifting that cat druids enjoy so much.
Please either
A: Revert this hotfix
B: Restore energy to it’s vanilla version that was present earlier in the beta, where energy tick timers are independent of when a druid enters cat form.
C: Buff the energy gained from Furor or Wolf’s Head Helm by 4 or 5 energy. This would be enough to keep our current rotation speed.
I know many people will say this was how cat energy worked at the end of TBC’s original run, but the patch notes from then clearly state that this was a side effect to a fix to innervate and evocation, and since blizz never stated this as was an intended change, and since they’ve already shown they’re willing to implement things like paladin seal twisting to keep previous memespecs fun and viable options, leaving energy in it’s current state seems contradictory to Blizzard’s stance on TBC’s changes.

120 Likes

pls save the Kitty.

31 Likes

This is a call to change it back to the classic vanilla shifting btw. Not to revert it to the jank that’s been on ptr/beta the past week or so

24 Likes

Pls save the Kot spasibo

18 Likes

Blizzard YOU HAVE TO FIX THIS

24 Likes

Dude the scuffed rotation was sick tho

I like the classic vanilla shifting aswell

But the scuffed 3.5sec rotation was sick

7 Likes

100% agree. Though most of whats fun about powershifting to me is timing the energy tick with the shift. So im behind option B.

10 Likes

Playing with the energy tick outside of form creates a rhythm for me when powershifting, without it the rotation becomes yank :E

8 Likes

Feral DPS was already an endangered species. Don’t wipe us out completely.

17 Likes

Blizzard, why are you making the ferals worse with every fix. Please make the energy as it was in the classics and first versions of burning crusade.

12 Likes

Please revert it to vanilla/early tbc behavior. This isn’t only a significant nerf to cat druids, but also makes the rotation janky. This is a nerf to both dps and the fun of the spec.

16 Likes

I played feral dps druid ever since Classic WoW came out from MC to Naxx, I was the first lvl 60 in my guild, I got 99 parses on almost all the fights, I held the world best druid parse on Heigan from January 17 to April 23 and I’m baffled from this change.

We had 1 fun gimmick that made this specialization deeper and more interesting than other boring dps specs and now our 1 gimmick just gets nuked overnight. I was happy with our performance in Classic and thought it will only get better in TBC with Mangle and fixed itemization, not worse!

When paladins get their #somechanges change everyone was happy for them including me, why cant WE get such change to preserve the playstyle and system that supported our rotation in the last 3 years??? and why are we getting antagonised by rogues and warriors and even other anti-Wolfshead helm Druids who refuse to play their class in the modern intended way, that we should ‘reroll’, ‘play a tank’, ‘stop playing’?? Why is the WoW community happy all the time when people leave the game for good?? This is incredibly dumb! Even a 2007 blue forum post acknowledged the fact that it was an oversight to nuke powershifting in 2.2, so why do this now literally 2 weeks before launch?

I played Classic all the way because I wanted to play my feral druid as a dps - that I grew to love - in The Burning Crusade with all the advantage from either gear and connections to other players on my realm. BC was my first ever expansion and I was hyped to be able to try the raids as an adult with feral gamer skills, now are you saying that I wasted 2 and a half years of my life to play THIS unplayable, unviable, boredom? I’m defeated and disappointed…

If this stays for the next 2 weeks I’m not buying any of the booster packs that I planned to (I wanted to boost a rogue to farm herbs with it in dungeons to support my main financially). and since I cant do the Classic powershifting with my kitty and do content that I wanted in the last quarter of a decade, I will not play TBC at all, because I have no reason to…

29 Likes

Blizzo, you need to take action and revert it to how it used to function in clasic and for majority of TBC progression (except ZA/Sunwell). I sincerely believe this would’ve been adressed and fixed back in the day if more people actually played feral and had the understanding to powershift.

Literally the worst melee dps class doesnt need a nerf.

8 Likes

#somechanges bring back the only thing that make feral dps fun please

12 Likes

This change really should be reverted. The original change in energy ticks was not aimed at energy, according to the patch notes. It nerfs an already low dps class. It makes the play less engaging.

Note: Classic energy was also TBC energy until ZA, and it works fine. It was certainly not an easy road to mid-pack dps, but it made interesting gameplay. To insert empty space in the rotation and a dps loss at this point simply removes fun, player agency and viability. Please reconsider.

8 Likes

Well, seeing as it is on the “not bug list” now, guess that’s me not playing feral in tbc. Druids get shafted in the name of nochanges, while rets get faction seals added to factions that didn’t have them in original tbc.

7 Likes

#somechanges Reverting an unintended nerf that came after Tier 6 is an obvious change to be done.

6 Likes

I couldn’t agree more with the OP (US-forums). #somechanges

"As a feral dps player, I just want to also add my voice asking for this change to be reverted, and for energy to behave as it did through classic and through the initial content patches of BC.

Aside from DPS concerns, this change is going to introduce down time in our rotation and will make the class less engaging to play. This will reduce the presence of an already under-represented spec at high levels of gameplay.

Please reconsider using this version of energy for all content cycles of TBC."

7 Likes

1 little, 2 little, 3 little ferals.
4 little, 5 little, 6 little ferals.
7 little, 8 little, 9 little ferals.

And none of them knew how ferals worked.

You ain’t getting a change. This was how it worked in TBC. Deal with it.

Blizzard stance has not changed. Only one thing has changed. Drums due to an overwhelming negative response. Anyone with the knowledge of TBC knew this energy fix was going to happen.

2 Likes

You ain’t getting a change. This was how it worked in TBC. Deal with it. -
Yeah except for every raid up until ZA and Sunwell. You are the one who is spouting nonsense.

2 Likes