Please unlock Firemaw

Comes from the person claiming new players (aka more players) wont affect the queue on Firemaw.

Have a lovely weekend and good luck.

1 Like

Only unrealistic thing is when some players think servers with less than 10k players are dead servers and killing perfectly fine servers for that.

8 Likes

My comment regarding how long ive been on Firemaw has nothing to do with me being cool or whatnot. It was an argument against a claim that I only play here due Firemaws server status today versus all the other servers prior to tbc.

Ive said before (in your thread) that I hope for a solution for everyone, sadly blizzards servers cant handle more players on Firemaw atm. For all I care, Firemaw could have 1000 layers and capacity increased to 1.000.000 players.

1 Like

To be fair blizzards only fault here that they haven’t locked Firemaw like 2 or 3 months ago.

However this situation IS largely players fault. Currently there’s 6 English servers with population of above 5 000 level 70 players that raid and do rated PVP. There’s actually quite a bit more players on each of those servers that do not raid or do rated PvP or not yet level 70 hence not included in the statistics. These servers are not dead, these servers are full of activity. It’s all in players head unless server is >10k it means it’s dead.

If you have a server where 5 000+ players raid can you call it a dead server? Sure it’s not 30 000, but it’s not dead by a long shot.

To put some things in perspective. Original vanila servers couldn’t support more than 2k concurrent players per server.

3 Likes

More players mean longer queues as without a doubt they will queue at busy times too.

You had how much time to make a character or move one there? Oh yeah, since it opened.

So much selfishness in these “Open Firemaw” threads, they are all “I WANT”.

3 Likes

Back in the old tbc days, servers were much smaller and more active. 5-10k per server is NOT dead, that is how it was originally. Seems like you have a case of FOMO thinking you must play on the 1 server with 20-30k players. It takes a long time to fill a raid (non gdkp) and heroic groups here on firemaw. The numbers are over inflated due to everyone having 3+ accounts logged in and most of the server pop is just boosters/gdkp/gold farmers. Why on earth would you think or believe this server is better? For someone to newly transfer or level here, if you are not one to actually play the game, you must BUY GOLD just to join pugs. Seriously, be glad you are not stuck on this server. Find a smaller server to play with friends. <3

2 Likes

Yes, FOMO is really big phenomenon on Classic, never met it in retail in such extent.
Even on most casual pve servers people were leveling so fast, it was unimaginable on original TBC. Not to mention using scrolls on every pull by 1000th guild on WCL.
Same with world buffs in vanilla classic.

Kinda am hoping for unlock too.

I wasnt able to play until few days ago and now the server is locked where my friends are.

3 Likes

Hello there

1 Like

Another day we are waiting for a solution Blizzard.

2 Likes

the solution is to keep it locked. You had all time in the world to transfer.

2 Likes

The only solution would be creating cross realm network that would allow anybody to fully participate in raid, guilds and trade. To workaround server limitations Auction houses could be remade into instances, as well as addition of guild halls where people from all realms can meet as long as they are in same society/crossrealm guild. The rest of crossrealm technology is allready been tested for years.

But alas Blizzard want us only to pay for endless transfers and blackmail our will to play on Megarealms.

4 Likes

Please unlock this realm already, there is no queue and people who don’t want to wait can just transfer as they please. We are willing to wait if there is queue.

2 Likes

But we who are already on Firemaw don’t want to be in the queue.

The boat is full - find another server or wait 2 years for Firemaw to open again - because before WotLK this will certainly not happen and with WotlLK release the queues on Firemaw will be disgusting again.

There is going to be a queue and there’s going to be a longer queue once WOTLK comes out.
Firemaw’s original population will likely be returning and the queues will skyrocket.

Shut it all down.

1 Like

The best and only server is complete bs… I’m glad they locked the realm because everybody is fleeing their realms and immigrating to a 35k + population realm… I’m glad i took the free realm transfer to another realm where I can play inmeddiatley

So please do correct me if im wrong.

I want to be on an English speaking, healthy ( balanced pop, AH available) PvP server. Besides firemaw, can you name another?

People are not dying to go Firemaw because it sounds cool, because there is no another option. Lets say tomorrow if they merge Earthshaker and Golemagg , i would go there. Im sure my friends on Firemaw would come as well so we can play together. Nobody wants to wait in queue.

But for the time being, Firemaw is the only option my friend.

people are going to firemaw because the numbers for server pop are skewed (average player logs in with 3+ accounts, which clogs up queue) and younger gen has fomo syndrome. a healthy NORMAL pop server is 5-10k…plenty of those out there. firemaw is smoke and mirrors bro…you still take hours to fill a heroic dungeon and non gdkp raids. arena’s are rigged too, most are played by organized groups that sell the ratings/gear for players. The zones are all empty besides major cities and EVERY SINGLE global channel is flooded with boost/gdkp spam…no dude, this server is good for laundering gold and exploiting your way to top loot. Stop being willfully ignorant about this server…it’s NOT good for anything but buying gold and buying loot runs, period.

Lmao “you guys leave so I can take your place” has to be a troll thread.

/thread