Please unlock Firemaw

Noooo! Let the toxic peeps stay there! :face_exhaling:

Awful decision. Merge suffering realms instead of locking good realms.

Just accept that servers will become uni-faction. It’s inevitable.

Moreover, Firemaw is the only realistic realm to PvP on as Alliance. Say anything else and you’re trolling. Especially since my friends are already there, there is no point in returning to the game now.

Really wish I knew that before I resubbed. Money down the drain.

PS: To the people claiming I’m to blame since I, when I didnt have a sub, didnt transfer my characters predicting that the realm would get locked: You are :clown_face:s.

1 Like

Thanks for closing firemaw. There are no more 3hour ques on raidtimes. Leave it closed. No need to cater to people who came back to the game or whatever their excuse is.

5 Likes

Good, they need to keep Firemaw locked for at least the end of WoTLK classic.
“But there are no queues right now” → there will 100% be massive queues during WoTLK prepatch and expansion launch from all the people who are currently not actively playing on Firemaw. WoTLK is for many the most popular expansion and TBC was just the waiting room.

1 Like

Keep it locked. It is fine as it is now and no queue. If they want to play with their friends, they can re-roll or transfer off. The queues when Sunwell released were the bane of my life, and I’m glad Bliz put their big boy pants on and did something about it.

4 Likes

I have 4 chars on Firemaw but i switched the realm because i like to play and dont be in a queue, my new server has “only” 5k Alliance players level 70 that raid/pvp but its not dead or something, i find players for all i like its a really good community etc, go to other servers you doesnt need 30k players or more.

1 Like

There is no world pvp on Firemaw. noone attack you at the tower quest in Terokar or on the new island. Go to another server - we dont need you on Firemaw.

There is also the fact that flying mounts make WPVP irrelevant and now the only relevant thing is having people to play with.
Back in classic I respecced into a PVP specc after every raid, I haven’t done that once all TBC.

No one cares about “world PvP”, competitive PvP is all that matters. And the only option for competitive PvP on Alliance is Firemaw.

Whatever… You will never join Firemaw :slight_smile:

Someone doesn’t read the pinned posts.

I like Firemaw as it is currently. No queues anymore even at prime. Please keep it locked.

If you mean the server consolidation of August 10, it won’t help one bit. It’s closing down some PvP servers with next to no players on them,sending them to a half empty server - Mandokir would be my guess.
The absolutely only result of this deed is angering the RP crews on HW, ZT and mostly Celebras.

Activision-Blizzard is a business.
I assume their costs will go down if they have to maintain less dead realms. I imagine it also looks bad to have 20 dead realms and 5 alive ones.
If the RP crews really valued having an RP realm they would have stayed, but it seems the primary objective of most people is having a populated realm since this is an MMO and not a single player game.
Btw I have seen some RP screenshots posted from a realm like Earthshaker (or Celebras → Venoxis). Go there while you can still choose or be moved (and potentially 2 weeks locked out) into another half-empty realm.

1 Like

Nah I’m going down with my realm and quitting. All 3 PVE servers are too full for me.
I even took a paid transfer back after leaving HW with my guild when free transfer opened - leaving my Guild of almost 3 years behind, as I could not play on a overpopulated server.
I went back with open eyes and a total knowledge of the server and its population. Those who still are on the RP realsms in spite of free transfer being up these last 4 months are those who have chosen it.

EDIT: How many subs do you reckon will pay for one realm? Do Blizz win or lose on closing the RP realms?

My money is on win for closing the RP realm.
If these realms have 200 people I’d be impressed considering some have populations that raid+pvp together for like 66, 3 or 0 people.

And if those 200 are happy subscription paying players now, and will quit when their homes are closed down?
How many subs to a realm?
We are grown up people able to decide for ourselves if we want half empty RP servers or full PvE servers.
And what harm would you come to if those 200 stay happy in the RP servers?

Again, it’s a business and those realms are likely operating at a loss.
I am 100% convinced Blizzard considered people canceling their subs in their decision making and still thought it was the right thing from a business perspective.
You’re free to create a game for 200 people and see if 15 euro a month can cover your expenses.

and having 3 servers running along with the others are - as I think you very well know - 2 differnt things.

Have you any data to provide for what the costs are of 3 realms?
Proof is on the people who make claims.