Plunderstorm season 2 when?

a lot of players liked this feature, it has a lot of potential and future

Add new archivement, new transmog, new mount, new spell, new map, this feature can revolutionize the genre and give a second wind
you can take inspiration from battlerite and do that on wow, I would be delighted (battlerite was one of my favorite games with wow pvp)

3 Likes

I don’t see it not coming back, so probably in TWW during a down-time patch.

Hopefully never, it was a interesting change. But lets keep the RPG in the mmorpg part when it comes to game development.

10 Likes

September 19th :wink:

1 Like

Sure, just give it its own launcher, its own rewards and keep it as far away from WoW as possible.

13 Likes

I ain’t one of them, just had to throw it out there.

1 Like

If you really wanna have new modes like plunder&remix, they really need to have their own launcher.

1 Like

It shall return when the Storm demands our plunder and our sacrifice, for such is the destiny it has been written for us.

Praise be to the Stormwall!

edit:

If you’re referring to the battle royale genre, it’s not even remotely close to doing so. And I mean EVER. Ironically, Spellbreak did a much better job (same team that made Plunderstorm).

3 Likes

Launcher yes! But I like the fact that they do offer in game rewards… But(!) they shouldn’t be so strictly time gated…
Make it maybe a season or two long? That way, people have time to just do it casually in down time. I would love to be able to play plunderstorm between SS and M+ ques instead of afking or mindlessly flying in circles around the Valdrakken fountain xD

But they need to as you wrote, make it a separate launcher and don’t make player engagement due to FOMO…

Hopefully soon. I hope Plunderstorm will become a constant part of the game running together with the in-game seasons. That’s the dream anyway! Add constant Remix expansions to the mix and we’re having a ton of fun.

1 Like

Why not just have it a permanent fixture, it’s been developed already, so what’s the harm? :confused:

It’s all scheduled for the 30th of February 2025.

3 Likes

Make the rewards for Plunderstorm characters. Give them customisation options and transmog type appearances.

Sure have more maps, maybe even link these to timewaling or remix events.

Don’t link it to regular wow though.

3 Likes

It will definitely return with even greater rewards I think. Pushing the limits on how far people are willing to do stuff they do not enjoy in order to get the carrot on the torture stick.

Hopefully never.

The obsession with squeezing a battle royale mode into every game is infuriating! If I wanted to play BR game, there’s not exactly a shortage of them…

6 Likes

They should work on it more since I can smell money from this if they put their minds together, could even be a real Esports game if they make a free to play with game pass and skins.

Never!
Only if you can use your retail characters.

why not just go play fortnite?

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree - both my brother and I got into dragonflight thanks to plunderstorm after quitting since wrath.

We still miss Plundering every day.

Plunderstorm had a very active playerbase - so clearly, a lot of people love it. So much so that TWO entire official torunaments took place within the same month that it was out!

I dont think it is in competition with the basegame, it is an amazing addition to the game and I think they can both co-exist!

I dont personally care wether rewards are linked to retail or not. Playing the game is the reward.

Treating Plunderstorm as mandatory just because it unlocks a pirate outfit and parrot is a bit much. A minor reward existing does not equate to everyone being forced to play.

I also noticed some players seem to think there is a set number of subscribers that is now being “split” by Plunderstorm, when in reality Plunderstorm is attracting a lot of untapped, new potential customer bases and customers, which will ultimately bring more people into Dragonflight as well.

never i hope

4 Likes