Policy Update for Input Broadcasting Software

Thank you. This is a well overdue change. Back in the day multiboxing was usually limited to <5 or so accounts, which didn’t tend to be too disruptive, but these days players using it to pilot dozens of characters at once is clearly game-breaking in a multitude of ways. Azeroth will be a much fairer, more enjoyable place with multiboxing gone.

Posting in a legendary thread.

2 Likes

My mood right now :smile: :

2 Likes

Thank you, Blizzard.

About time!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Good riddance!

3 Likes

That or a Druid with multiple characters comes by just as you are going to grab a node and steals it from out of nowhere and then fly off like they did nothing wrong. When that happened to me on multiple occasions I knew that something wasn’t right with multiboxing.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this long awaited change. Multiboxing certainly has gotten out of hand and this change was sorely needed.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Software only…

It’s only a matter of time before some multiboxers come up with hardware solutions to get around this.

2 Likes

as far i got from reading post aslog its like 2/3acounts or whatever but actully do play ti adn nto use software to control the characters it should be ok.

Finally. Didn’t expect to see this, very pleased.

2 Likes

5 Likes

This makes me smile because of that one time that guy on his five druids stole my akundas bite.

Haha now whose laughing mr multiboxer!!

10 Likes

A needed change, as unfortunate it is for some people.

1 Like

Tbh you don’t need software to do that, I could do it without isboxer, I just don’t do it as I don’t mess with the playerbase. I only do my own thing for transmorg etc.

1 Like

will this really change things with multiboxers in pvp or constant boe mount farms?

It’ll definitely change things with botting in BGs. No more of that crap.

To all those celebrating - Enjoy watching your economies collapse :slight_smile:

5 Likes

A big reason it got so popular is…

You can cash out gold to store currency and then USE that to buy GAME TIME or products.

So After a small investment in say 5 five accounts by cash, they ruin a server economy enough to start funding their subs by gold gained from multi boxing.

They buy more subs, multi box harder, at ZERO IRL CASH COST. Meanwhile server communities are hosed financially, PVP is gamed, raids are gamed. Blizzard loses money on sales of products by people using cashing out their in game gold.

And all it took was an initial small investment in a few multi box accounts to scale it up to fleets of accounts abusing the system to get rich quick.

3 Likes