Portals removed

Congratz, you effectively killed Ironforge. Since there is no back to Blasted Lands/Stormwind portal you might aswell delete it from the game. Stormwind is now forced capital more than ever. It’s sad so sad.

11 Likes

Has anyone ever been to Ironforge since vanilla to be fair though

3 Likes

As a matter of fact there were always quite a number of people there pre 8.1.5, now it’s a literal ghost town. You encounter low level dwarves and gnomes and that’s it. I don’t know where do they get ideas for this kind of things.

2 Likes

I have never played Alliance but I assume there is a workaround equivalent to Horde

Dala - Org - Fly to where UC Zep used to be - Port to UC and next to that is Port to Hellfire at the Dark Portal - Walk through to Blasted Lands - takes 2 minus max

Do you not have a similar route?

Yep, You have to go there for Winter Veil or Brewfest for example.

Also you can still get to Ironforge from Boralus and you can ask mages for portals. Lastly there’s Deeprun Tram.

3 Likes

The only time I visit ironforge is when I am leveling or I need heirlooms

It was very popular until WotLK at least.

OP: I think they actually might. Notice how UC and Darnassus have been deleted? No? Well…

2 Likes

Or they could ditch sharding. That works.

1 Like

A shame. I l9ved ironforge. Compact and easy to visit. Now is dead.

1 Like

Yeah, because there’s no easy way to get to IF from SW, right.
Man, I never understood this instant gratification. If you really want to go there, just go there.

1 Like

There is a portal for Ironforge but it is located in the portal room in Boralus. From the portal room in Stormwind take the portal to Boralus and then to Ironforge. Horde has the same with Thunderbluff. There is a portal to Thunberbluff in the portal room in Zuldazar. Unfortunately you have to be have completed the BfA opening quest lines to make use of them so at least level 110.

1 Like

This only works if you Tirisfal Glades is in classic view (before the battle of Lordaeron) so you have to talk to the little mage and switch the view.

1 Like

You need to accept that much of the problem here is with you.

It is actually a reason to go to places in MMOs because, well, because it’s nice. Why oh why are WoW players so utterly focused on utility and nothing else?

I always go to Ironforge to use the AH. I do so because it’s a nice place to be, not because it’s efficient.
Honestly sometimes I wonder what got so many of you into this genre, because it seems like so many of you have absolutely zero interest in any kind of RPG.

4 Likes

… only for the heirloom vendor

Go to dark portal in hellfire peninsula and walk through it and be amazed.
Don’t go back though, you’ll end up in Tanaan. The instanced starting spot without flying no matter how many pathfinders you got…

Glares in Dwarf

1 Like

I think with Ironforge it’s not that bad. You have the deeprun tram.
I have more of an issue with the removal of portals to the caverns of time, karazhan etc. Just some convience for some factions.

Since the changes have come in I’ve dug out all my teleport cloaks, tabards, toys, items so that I can navigate more easily. On my Alliance if I need to go to IF I tend to go from Boralus, once there I just use a teleporting item back to New Dala, my Garrison, my Shipyard etc or SW itself.

3 Likes