Possible Solutions for Improved Gearing in Instanced PvP (Updated)

This is the stupidest thing I’ve read today. I deem your post garbage. Ignoring you from now on. And FYI whatever you said would have been fine in a Free-to-Play MMORPG. Not where people are putting in real money monthly. So go back to your dragon-slaying and leave the feedback writing to people with actual brains (And it doesn’t even take a lot of that to see that the current PvP system is the worst one in WoW history).

Exactly this. Well said.

That seems like a silly thing to say. Just because you don’t agree with it doesn’t mean the viewpoint doesn’t have merit.

I mean, let’s go through history:

Vanilla - Gear progression in PvP.
TBC - Gear progression in PvP.
WotLK - Gear progression in PvP.
Cata - Gear progression in PvP.
MoP - Curbed gear progression in PvP through item level scaling.
WoD - Curbed gear progression in PvP through item level scaling.
Legion - Curbed gear progression in PvP through item level scaling.
BfA - Gear progression in PvP, albeit slightly curbed through a hidden scaling system.

So it’s not like gear progression in PvP is devil speak. It’s perfectly reasonable to want gear progression in PvP, because there has been so before, and because it’s a normal design approach for MMORPGs.

Idk gear progression from vanilla to cata wasn’t bad at all- getting a bit higher item level wasn’t such a big deal in pvp because you could still have outplay potential as a better player- I remember very vividly for one having no issue beating feral druids with better gear than myself (as a feral).

Pruning of the classes has caused the disappearance of those skillful plays, so you can no longer compensate for the lack of better gear- More importantly, during -all- these expansions, pvp was still the best way to gear your character (as it was in MoP/WoD).

Except there was no item level scaling in MoP and WoD in the same way it was in Legion. In MoP PvE gear was scaled down in WoD PvP gear was scaled up in arenas and in Legion only ilvl mattered. In BfA 1st season you could gear your char by only playing PvP (Drainer’s Monk is a great example). In Season 2 if I’d only consider my pvp gear and weekly events I geared my second shaman to 390 ilvl when my main that I play mythic+ and hc raids is 407. It’s basically a joke. Don’t tell me that PvP gear progression is existing now. Clearing HC raid or M+ 10 is just a joke compared to getting duelist in 2s or 3s. I healed +10 on 370 char and 1st boss on HC is just idiot proof. You can literally ignore all mechanics and zerg boss popping your def CD on judgment.

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Trial_of_the_Gladiator

Blizzard actually wanted to do this at one point. I have no idea why they decided to cancel it.

I don’t think I said it was all the same. I simply said that some expansions have had item level scaling and some expansions haven’t. In that regards it’s not odd if some people have developed a preference for one or the other.

Because the people on the forums complained about it. If I remember correctly, then it was the fact that it would only be available during specific time slots, and people didn’t like that because what if they weren’t able to play during those hours? So Blizzard ended up canceling it, because the criticism just spiraled out of control, as it usually does around here :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, but please tell me why if I prefer to play only PvP I have such disadvantage while PvE players just don’t get great trinkets and they lose around 5% dps only while I’m 15-20 ilvl below someone who has time to play M+. Playing M+ isn’t really helping to get better in Arenas as your playstyle is completely different. If I decide to focus only on arenas to practice with my partner I’m punished with lower ilvl. Please tell me how is it a good design?

The problem isn’t the way you get gear but the amount of it. I agree that in the first season there were too many gear pieces dropping but now it’s another extreme. Why can’t it be changed to something in the middle?

If only there was a way to make it playable 24/7 :thinking:

Mythic+ dungeons are too rewarding. There, that’s why. Let’s not pretend it’s only Arena players who are drawn to Mythic+ dungeons.

The community shot that suggestion down as well, as I recall. Because if it were to be available all the time, then why would anyone do Rated Arenas? So you couldn’t have both. And then people definitely didn’t want Trial of the Gladiator, which was already viewed negatively.

If you’d join M+ group alone then they aren’t as I remember many tough runs when I just got hydrocore. However you can create full leather party or 4 mail + tank party to just distribute gear among players. For example - ele needs crit/haste/vers, resto - crit/versa/mastery, enh - haste/versa/mastery. It’s extremely easy to distribute gear between these 3 specs if you are PvP players. Try to change it and you’ll see the biggest drama that ever came to these forums.

You can do the same thing on raid. That’s basically how Method geared their multiple chars by doing armor type runs. You can’t share your arena drop with team members and the amount of drops is not even close to M+.

I know. I’m not disagreeing with you. But I’m not a Blizzard developer, so what do you want me to do about it? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So why do you pretended everything is fine few posts above. Jito sometimes I feel you are just here to troll. This is arena forum - please contribute to the discussion about arenas. I understand and respect your point of view that you are old school player but sometimes your posts are such off topics that it’s literally annoying. You basically make some people tilted (not me). Please be empathetic. These people love WoW as you do but they focus on different part of the game that they are passionate about. If people wouldn’t care about this game they wouldn’t tilt so easily.

Where do I do that? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

All I’ve said in this thread is that some of the suggestions presented don’t address certain problems, specifically as it pertains to rewards.
And then I’ve said that just as there are people who don’t like gear progression in PvP, then there are also people who do.
And then I’ve shared my own personal sentiment, which is a fondness of gear progression in PvP.

I don’t believe I’ve commented on Mythic+ dungeon rewards being too generous in this thread before now. And I think they are too generous. But that doesn’t take anything away from what else I’ve said.

I will definitely agree that there’s an issue with regards to gear and PvP. But just because I agree with that doesn’t mean I have to agree with every single suggestion on how to fix that issue.

It looks like it to me dude

That doesn’t look like it to me at all.

The first part is just me saying that it’s not abnormal to think that gear progression belongs in PvP in WoW, because that’s been the design many times in the past.

That doesn’t have anything to do with the gear acquisition in Mythic+ dungeons and whether that overshadows the gear acquisition from various PvP sources.

Those are separate things.

You don’t understand the problem then Jito. The problem is that if you are a PvP player you need to play PvE content not to have huge gear disadvantage to players who play PvE as well. You are literally forced to go for raids and M+ if you want to be competitive and push for any new goals/rewards you need to play M+ more than arenas actually. The problem is that by playing M+ you are not practicing you arena gameplay. When I play on my second shaman I lose sometimes because I’m almost 20 ilvl below my enemies. On my main I’d own them. I don’t care about my alt and exclusively gear it with PvP and emissaries but I can imagine that someone who doesn’t play PvE on his main has huge disadvantage and it might be very tought for him to push against people with 20 more overall ilvl.

@ Melleriana

Well said, not only that but since we are FORCED to do PVE content we have less time to play PVP indeed and practice it out as u said, but… if we need to gear in order for PVP with PVE content its a issue time spending for example this …

Yesterday i wanted to join a M+ 10 dungeon, normaly it wouldn’t be a problem for me to do proper dps to fit into the dungeon grp and do my job as PVP-er since I know my class inside out and i am way quicker then “MOST” of these PVE clowns who backpeddle et YET they don’t invite me because I got no raider io score… WTF

But i gues a +10 Mythic dungeon is very hard with my 400 ilvl…

So this means I got to start from scratch and do all low M+ dungeons first before i would get an invite to the 10+ mythics this means i loose valuable time to pvp indeed as you also metioned.

So in this way most people give up on M+ et who are PVP-ers ONLY because of this TOXIC community as well who don’t want to help others out… "“because raider io score is so damn important ofc for a +10” and the way we got to progress for gear it’s an absolute joke.

This is just beyond retarted that BLIZZARD FORCING us to do this crap…

PLZ GIVE US PVP GEAR AND INCREASE THE ILVL AND DROP CHANGE BLIZZARD ALSO IN BGS OR AS WELL ADD RESILENCE / PVP POWER OR SUCH SORT OF SYSTEM AT LEAST I WOULD APPRICIATE THAT.

Because this clownfiesta has to stop now, or its a 1 April joke alrdy ?
Then its very early to do so… with the PVP community since its not APRIL yet blizzard.

Lets vote for a better PVP game then this crap, it could be such a good expansion I was very excited for BFA everything looks cool but the balance team have 0 clue what they are doing…

But ye, no words… terrible designers who have no clue how to balance things out, even i would do better without any education for this job then these clowns.

Its just common sense…

Grtz all >3

I don’t understand why what I said is stupid? Are you disagreeing that the person who plays the most and does the hardest content shouldn’t get the best and most rewards? And if you wanna look at the gearing part of all expansions it’s been close to this expect PvP items wasn’t RNG (which I’m very much against).

Check ur fact and stop acting like you should just swim in items. It’s a pathetic loser opinion to want everything served on a silver plate.

Btw last season I didn’t touch pve and still managed to get 2.8k. You ain’t forced to do anything unless you are going for maybe r1.

I completely understand you mate. I had to join my friends PvE guild to catch up. I was raiding with them and I do M+ with them. It’s not hard mate. Everyone can go on Wowhead and check M+ guide for his spec but imagine that M+ lfg is the same as arena LFG. People want you to be better than them and carry them. I saw people with 1600 rio who were doing laughable dps. It’s not hard now to pay for boost but you can see that none of their keys were don in time. You need to find a team for M+ or you are literally stack in “rio hell” which is equall to mmr hell. It’s <M+ 8. People have no clue what they are doing. They ignore all mechanics - tanks and dpses los healer and do everything wrong. Without proper team it’s really tough to get higher.