Possible Solutions for Improved Gearing in Instanced PvP (Updated)

This is exactly, almost everyone’s point. We should not be forced to do PvE to gear up in PvP. And since Jito was missing this basic point, I decided to ignore his “Blizzard sock-puppet” type replies. Anyway, go over to https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs and spam their twitter with these issues, because, I don’t think anyone gives two turds about the EU forum.
(Updated main post to reflect feedback).

Disagreeing doesn’t mean lack of understanding.

Your suggestions have issues that you fail to address. If I can see that, then so can Blizzard. Turning a blind eye to it doesn’t help.

1 Like

I updated the main post with a new & easy solution reading all the feedback. Let’s see if Blizzard atleast heeds to that.

But your solutions have flaws you don’t address.

Here’s the problem you describe:

Let’s go through your solutions:

Would you not still gain an edge if you did PvP and PvE, even if there were vendors?
The guy who only does PvP will get 1-2 items of his choosing per week from the vendor.
The guy who does PvP and farms Mythic+ dungeons will get a lot more items.
So you’ll still want to do PvE to gear up faster!

Then there’s the problem in regards to how you’d put items on the vendor in the first place.
You can’t just let everyone buy item level 425 Titanforged gear – the best items would still have to be restricted to the players with the highest ratings, just as they are today.
So yet again it becomes a case of doing Mythic+ dungeons so you can get higher item level gear than what you’re eligible for in PvP.

And your other solution:

This also doesn’t change the fact that PvPers will want to do PvE, because a lot of PvE items have stat optimization, procs, effects and Azerite Traits that would become incredibly powerful in a PvP environment where item level doesn’t matter (the Crucible of Storms loot would basically be mandatory for any PvPer).

So your solutions don’t actually address the problem you’ve identified. How can they be called solutions then? :confused:

Increase item drop chance from PvP content. Where do we fail to address? If you can’t see it Jito then it means you don’t want to see it.

That’s your suggestion, not his. But for what it’s worth, then I’m all for increasing the drop change in PvP. :+1:

It doesn’t solve the problem though. PvPers will still be compelled to run that Mythic+ 10 dungeon every single week to cash in on a high item level piece of gear.
And for some calsses/specs there’ll still be a desire to acquire specific Azerite Armor from PvE.

There’s also the simple fact that it’s relatively easier to do well in PvE than PvP. So whilst you may only qualify for item level 385 items from PvP - because you have a low rating - then you may be good enough to farm Heroic mode Battle for Dazar’alor and get item level 400 gear through that.

Simply increasing the drop rate in PvP - whilst great and I’m all for it - isn’t solving the particular problem.

Yes I’d finish +10 mythic dungeon a week as I did in previous season like my friends who played PvP for extra upgrade chance but I won’t have to play M+ 3 day a week in order to gear my character and that’s the difference maker.

I’d love to see something like residuum for PvP where we’d be able to buy Azerite Pieces. As the only way to get them is weekly cap or rng based weekly chest. Then to updgrade your azerite you need to be lucky with upgrade tokens.

It’s an RPG. We play to improve our character. The moment you don’t have gearization incentives, people stop playing.

This will be a conflict forever. On one hand it’s RPG so gear should matter but on the other hand it’s PvP game so it should be fair. I’d say that for esport purposes max ilvl gear for everyone on tournaments servers are fair but on ladder they should keep our gear progress as it’s part of the game and I actually enjoy seeing my shaman way from 0 to hero.

So you’re saying adding vendors will be worse than the current system? I wonder Jito, do you feel PvP is fine right now?

Because checking your profile, I can see 1550 is your highest rating achieved in 2018 & nothing in Rated BGs as well. So I wouldn’t consider your opinions valid enough, because you clearly have no idea about Rated PvP.

Anyway, let’s ignore the fact that you are a 1550 player for a minute, but you are just here countering our suggestions, why not add something useful, I am curious to hear what you feel should be done to improve PvP. So by all means, let’s hear your thoughts.

LOL! This is not anything new, we had vendors since Classic, TBC, WOTLK, Cata, MoP & WoD. So it obviously worked, because PvP Participation was highest during those times, and so were the subscriptions.

And yet, the PvP participation & subscriptions were much much higher during previous expansions when there were vendors in the game & not having to depend on RNG for PvP.

No, I’m saying it doesn’t fix the problem you’ve identified, i.e. PvPers being forced to PvE.

In BfA? Nothing. Blizzard won’t fundamentally change the reward structure in the middle of an expansion - they never have before, and it honestly wouldn’t make much sense either. Any changes in this regard will likely have to wait until the next expansion. And until we know more about what that is, ideas on the matter are a bit premature in my opinion.

Yes, but the circumstances were different.
The reason why vendors worked in WoD was because of the scaling systems that adjusted people’s item levels. Such a system doesn’t exist today.
You also didn’t have Mythic+ dungeons back then, offering a limitless source of high-quality gear. Back then, the weekly PvP gear only had to be balanced against the weekly Raid gear. That’s not the case today.

Lol, are you serious? Vendors will literally fix the problem. PvPers can do PvP to get points to buy the gear they want instead of doing PvE or depending on RNG and the low drop rates.

Oh, lol. This clears out a lot. Now I know whether to take you seriously or not.

:roll_eyes:
It’s not a question of whether to take me seriously. I have nothing to do with your suggestion, I’ve simply commented on it.

But look at it this way:
Patch 8.2 will probably go up on the PTR very soon. So revamping the PvP reward structure to accomondate vendors would have to be planned for the next major content patch - patch 8.3.
But do you really think Blizzard will spend a lot of time to revamp the current expansion’s PvP reward structure by the time it’s about to end and they transition into developing the next expansion? No. That’s why these kind of revamps always come with the introduction of a new expansion, because that way the design gets built to last for an entire expansion - justifying the development effort - rather than just for a final patch cycle.

Except they don’t. They added PvP Vendors in Legion half way through the expansion. Do your research mate. Anyway, again you proved how little you know about the game. :joy:

I lol’ed. What effort? We are paying way more for this game, considering the lazy development. They even removed Class-Specific sets. Which was never done in the past. This shows how lazy the devs have become and how little effort they’re putting to make the game better. Seriously dude, stop defending Blizzard, they aren’t gonna give you a month of free gametime or make you a MVP or something. :rofl:

Legion was different, because the design was different, so the addition of vendors didn’t conflict with that which already existed.

Regardless, time will prove me right. If vendors were coming with patch 8.2 they’d have announced them by now. They haven’t. That means at the earliest they can come would probably be with patch 8.3. That’s likely to be by the end of the year. If by that time they’re on board with the idea of PvP vendors, then they’ll probably focus that development on the next expansion - which would be announced by then - rather than the final content patch of the current expansion. It’s simply a more sensible way of allocating resources.

But we’ll see.

Lol it was different because they tried to make us depend on RNG even back then, but people got fed up & so they added vendors.

And how exactly would adding PvP Vendors to BFA conflict with what’s already in-game? You know what, don’t answer that, it’s rhetorical. I don’t wanna hurt my brain reading some idiotic “muh-blizz-knows-best” reply, which you’ve been giving so far.

Lolwut, I can’t even–

Why do you think I made this post? I know it’s not announced, that’s why we are asking for it. Do you even understand what a ‘feedback’ post is? Where people ask for certain things to be implemented in-game to improve it’s quality. Damn are you thick or just blinded by Blizzard butt-lickery?

No, PVP vendors won’t automatically fix the problem.

If you add vendors that sell you gear that is on par with PVE gear (atm), then PVE players will feel forced to play pvp.

The entire system needs an overhaul as I stated earlier. We don’t have any good solutions to give for the moment, increasing pvp gear dropchance, the item level at lower brackets (1700+ gives now the rewards 1800+ bracket gives, 1800+ gives the same rewards but with random chance of every game giving you a HC + item level item), and making the weekly reward scale with your rating will certainly make pvp players happier (fair), but again, it’s off the other peoples backs.

Now, if PVP gear was so that it’s the best thing you can have for PVP, but it wasn’t optimal for PVE- People could -choose- to do both types of content if they so wished (Hauling around 2 sets is not a problem, people carry different azerite pieces/spec gear around them even now, bagspace is very high), then PVP vendors would fix the issue 100%.

But that’s not the case. The whole underlying problem is the harmonization of loot across PVP and PVE- Something that Blizzard refuses to admit as a mistake, despite the overwhelming majority of posts about the issue being against their view.

We can only get bandaids as the expansion grows, the only hope is that the next expansion will be reverted back to WoD/MoP/any previous version of pvp gearing.

Call it resilience, call it PVP scaling, call it pvp power, whatever you like, that’s the only working system there is. This system doesn’t (evidently) work.

It’s not the optimal solution but it is the best we have. And Blizzard chose to break that wheel at the Start of Legion and the feedback was so overwhelmingly negative they even added lackluster vendors in place.

Agreed. But if they can implement ilvl scaling to the Vendors according to Rating brackets, then it would be fair I guess.

They won’t do this, because they want everyone to experience PvE, this will divide the community in two parts again. PvE and PvP.

I think Legion had a good PvP system & scaling. With some minor changes here & there, some tweaking and customization, it would’ve been really better. Atleast the PvP would be based on pure Skill and not gear.

Why is the division such a bad thing?

Maybe it’s not, but Blizzard does not want that to happen. But even a part of me agrees with them. Because I literally did not do any raids in Cata, MoP and WoD because the PvP gear which i farmed was literally useless in PvE.

And when i started raiding in Legion, I realised, I had missed that aspect of the game entirely. So I feel that bringing PvP Power or Resillence is not ideal. Those are my thoughts of course. Not sure how others feel about it.