Postive for all specs, or not? LFD

I want to start off by saying that i support the decision to remove LFD in WOTLK. It is for me a big plus in social engagement in the game.

But, the concern i have relates to spec playability.
Without the LFD tool, you can’t simply queue as a dps and get the role you want to play in WOTLK as you did, way back then. Now you have to search for the group that accepts your role as a dps. Whether it being a subtlety rogue, a fury warrior or a shadowpriest. I know all classes in WOTLK have had an overhaul when it comes to class/role and they feel alot better. But you now have the “play this for max dps, if you don’t play your role with this spec, you’re playing the game wrong” guides and opinions. Will this make us see less dps / heal / tank variety in the game? Or do you think it will be about the same as WOTLK original? Post opinions, I’m not sure yet what i belive the result will be.

3 Likes

What you do to work against that is you make groups and dont care about what spec others are if you lose another DPS because of someone is a sub optimal spec then good riddance.

4 Likes

Making groups is part of the social engagement. If you look through this forum you will see lots of people that don’t like others being elitist about specs. It may just as well be them that you encounter, or you can make your own group.

If we’re to get LFD then you could have an a-hole in the group, but can’t kick for 15 mins because that’s how vote kick works, but also if you leve you get 30 min debuff. If you’re dps and concerned about this, then no LFD is the better bet to encounter less toxicity.

Classes and dps specs are way more balanced in Wrath as well.

1 Like

yes, what i would do would be to make a group and not care what spec the dps would be. The people like (Im guessing you) you, would barr those people, playing those specs from participating in dungeon runs, and that would (in my opinion) not be good for people playing the class/spec they want to.

Im one of the people who have never cared about efficient runs, so your assumption about me is wrong. Im practicing what im preaching when I say things like you should invite people regardless of spec I do mean it and I do do it already. Thought my good riddance would have been a give away of what I do though.

5 Likes

That is a good respnse, and actually made me more at ease. And i actually agree, thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He’s saying, if you make a group and one dps joins, and that new dps goes “lol bad spec” then leaves, you’re better off. Dodged a bullet. Cupid don’t care about specific specs in his groups, more about how people behave.

2 Likes

ok, then i ddnt understand that correctly, and i agree to it. Sorry Cupid.

3 Likes

No problem ^^

2 Likes

Do you think there is more social on TBC because no RDF ? While admiting that Wotlk is less social because more arcade so it’s worse.

“LF last tank for” => “Hi +1” => “Hi all” => “Buff please” => “Ty all bye”

not sure i admited that WOTLK is less social, maybe i did, i actually dont remember if it was more or less social than TBC back then, but my opinion now, is that its far easier for me to play with the same players i meet in chat several times, other then playing multiple times with players im randomly queued up with in a RDF (But that could just be the way gameplay has evolved of the past decade).

I would be sad if RDF was in WOTLK, but i would still play it, and i would still enjoy it.

My only fear was if the lack of RDF would eliminate sertain specs

You still seem to think that how you interact with people is the only way people interact, you should have seen from the fairly big group of people that disagree with you on your own thread that there are people who have way better social interactions.

Those interactions do exist for sure but I mostly actually see them from the elitists that also would be the same people that wont take a warrior tank or a sub rogue because its not optimal. If you stop going for the absolute best of the best you would see better interactions as well.

4 Likes

Because 100% of players interact like that on Wotlk pserv (with or without RDF) and 80% on TBC Classic so, yes, almost.

It’s not because there is 5 players on the forum that disagree that seems the reality. Like i said => 100% of players interact like that on Wotlk pserv (with or without RDF) and 80% on TBC Classic so, yes, almost.

I don’t agree, let me remove and put what i think :

Those interactions do exist for sure but I mostly actually see them from who know the game so almost everyone. If you don’t know anything about the game or a part of the game you would see better interactions as well.

Already proved on pserv, the only time i see good interaction in dg it’s because dg was hard buffed and we needed to make new tact so we needed to interact.

And imagine you’re right on what you said, i’m a elitists, but i also like play exotic like Hunter BM, and i don’t need to interact more than

So, i disagree again.

NO ONE OTHER THAN YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR STUPID PRIVATE SERVERS!!! Literally not the same thing as real servers, they can be close to but they will never be the real servers. You are comparing Grany smiths to Horse apples both are apples but not the same.

Us 5 people (more than that but I wont count right now) are living proof that you are wrong. And once again PRIVATE SERVERS ARE NOT THE SAME.

Their are 2 reasons why people go with sub optimal specs and enjoy it, the people that know the game really well and know that they enjoy something other than what the meta is and those who are newer to the game, nether of those 2 groups would behave like that in most cases becouse that would go against their own interest

PRIVATE SERVERS DONT MATTER AT ALL!!!

Im going to guess you are talking about WOTLK here because if you are talking about TBC then BM is the meta…

Im beginning to understand the RDF “dilemma” as mor of a “feelings” based problem.

While i dont disagree with you, i also disagree with you, only because i have other viewponts on social interactions (not saying you dont have good social interactions, just that we achive the conversations we have with different means).

But i get what you’re saying, and i get it from your viewpoint. I just feel differently

Wrong, and Classic/TBC already proved that, but you can’t know that, because you never played on pserver.

You are nothing, because you can’t prove anything because you have 0 experience on pserver, while i have both.

It’s not because you are an unexperienced player that it doesn’t matter.
It does because everything that we said before Classic 2019 happened.
It’s not because you don’t care about pserv that it’s not the reality.

Yes i’m talking about Wotlk.

As someone said to my topic, players get traumatised and hurt by RDF 10 years before, so they are stuck with their opinion.

Ok no problem i can understand that.

2 Likes

Oh yea? Enjoy your social engagement, while getting rejected and ignored again and again from groups because you need the loot they do. That’s some big social interaction over there.

I see you are already worried about finding groups. You should be. Not because of your dps, however, but because of the loot. You want the Gundrak HC expertise ring? Suuuuure. The axe from Hall of Lightning? Suuuure bro. If they are not hard reserved 24/7, you’ll just get either whispered “full” or just ignored, while they keep looking for casters/hunters.

Unless you go as tank in 5mans, you’ll end up a lonely plate DPS hard reserving stuff while looking for tank and healer, a problem that would be non-existant with RDF. But sure, go ahead, do your “social engagements”. As a death knight tank for 5mans, however, there’s no way I’m taking plate dps in the group (unless I have hard reserved something specific), no matter how many smilie faces you write in the whispers. Instead, I’ll be filling with casters/hunters and yoink all the plate loot, because I can.

8 Likes

I didnt know that Kronos and Warmane werent private servers…
You assume to much about people.

I also have both and guess what I would never in a million years agree with you on this. Even if I would hold the same view in reality I find your behavior on the forums so repulsive that I would disagree with everything you ever said by principle. You think you are better than everyone else just because you have experience from private servers grow up.

1 Like

Well that kind of talks to the worries i have with RDF altough im not worried for myself, im already basicly set up for getting the loot i need for the pre raid. So no, im not worried about finding groups.

But you make a good point. And kind of was the whole reason i started the discussion. Will the LACK of RDF include MORE or LESS benefit to players in general, even if I myself dont want it, many other people want it. I started it with the “will all classes be viable without RDF or not” But you took it a step further to a point i didnt even think of and with that i think you make a good point that need to be discussed. This is also why i think its important to have this discussed.

I played on Warmane over this 6 last years and i never seen your famous interaction except on Lordearon and Frostmourne, and why ? Because both get dg ultra buffed.
I was connected on Warmane just 4h before and the chat is again “LF LF LF LF”

And Kronos is a Vanilla pserv… nothing to do with our arcade game that is Wotlk.

I’m sorry to get 12 years experience on Wotlk and seen the mentality evolved on the same game.
Also, you proved that know nothing about pserv as you said there is interaction on Warmane this trash pserv. Maybe you played it before 2015-2014, while the mentlity still good before, and if that’s it, it’s again a outdated experience.

Less benefit because the start of Wotlk is very time-consuming, 12 dg to clean every day until you’re full stuff, if you want more emblem to buy gem so it’s an unlimited need every day, so it’s faster with RDF because of the teleport and you can’t miss announcement on the chat for example or get a “sorry full”.
And also with RDF you can farm your professions, HF on Azeroth/Outland because you will be teleport on the same place, you can’t do that without RDF so no RDF = also less people on old zones, not many but it has a impact.
No RDF is boring because you have to stay on Norfendre until you are full stuff.