Potion stack exploit, different perspective

why did deichi change the guild?

Well then. There you have it.
So…is there a specific reason for this thread to be separate from the rest of the [insert number here] “I got banned due to abusing” threads around? Could have just written in those…

I levled my Kul-Tiran for heritage armor, and my Troll, only used 1 stack of the potion, knew it was a bug out there, but wouldn’t ever wanna risk a ban, yes the levling can be boring for people like me, who have like 20+ 110s then 11 120s, but you aren’t forced to levl a new character, those who did it, deserved the ban, no reason to abuse the system.

Yes, cuz same as you replying in to one of the countless threads, i want to feel special by getting attention. Jokes aside, no real reason. Just wanted to give yet another opinion.

Gave up running the guild 3 days short of our 6th birthday. Burnout / the revolving door of raiders etc all kind of came together. My stepping down killed the guild as a raiding entity, probably half the team have cancelled their subs. Thank me later Blizz.

I have a lot to say about it but Blizz don’t care and most people here can’t process stuff longer than a tweet so, meh.

1 Like

go go, make a good thread

also, we’re racing this season in M+ again

Yes, the leveling right now isn’t in the best state at all. But, this doesn’t warrant exploits being used (I know you said you deserved it, so this isn’t a dig at you or anything ^_^).
I’m hoping that Blizzard keeps working on the leveling in the game, like adding WQ’s to all zones, Incursions to all zones (So, kind of like Warfronts in a way, but in the open world rather than an instance). Just give more thought into leveling itself.

If the player quits because they were suspended for exploiting, then they’re gonna have a pretty hard time. Go to ANY online game. If you get caught exploiting ANYTHING, you get suspended for doing so. Quitting over the game for it is just moronic.
Not to mention, the game HAS content. plenty of dungeons, raids, WQ’s, normal quests, classes, characters, zones, warfronts, IE’s, incursions just to name a few. Saying there is “non-existent content” would imply you’ve beat Jaina on Heroic/Mythic, right? Got Loremaster? Explorer? 100 exalted reps? 500 honor levels? best gear in the game? You have all this, right?

“I farmed the badges for the potions so I should be able to exploit them” is basically what you’re saying. No, you shouldn’t be able too. You can’t get away with cheating because of a fallacy. If there’s no content that you want to do, then just unsub and come back at a later date. Those “paying and playing” customers should know that not only is it against ToS to use ANY exploit in the game to boost a game mechanic (Which leveling is), they should also know that there has been NO exp potions out there that you could stack.

WoD had a potion that couldn’t stack, the 300% one couldn’t stack. No item within game stacks the way that you had to stack these potions to make them work.

I’m guessing you forgot how bad Legion was at the start? Most people HATED it, from the class halls, the legendaries, the artifact weapons, the raids, the WQ’s, the zones. Most things within Legion people hated. But, by the end, it became a great expansion to a lot of people.

Go ahead an unsub, means one less “cheater” playing WoW. Means that Blizzard doesn’t need to waste their time banning people for a clear exploit, and “might” be able to put a little more focus into that “non-existent” content.

That’s just bad. Games are meant to be fun. What you described there is in the category of laundry and doing dishes.

“Fun” is extremely subjective term. Some aspects for some it can be the “biggest enjoyment” ever. While for others…the biggest snore fest. Heck. Even my own WoW experience proves it. I simply detest pet battles and collecting pets. In my view: collecting pets is the biggest possible snore and time waste ever. Yet a social guildy pretty much plays wow to collect every pet possible and finds enjoyment in it.

Same with leveling…
Are you going to put your hand on the heart and boldly swear that absolutely EVERYONE…I repeat… EVERYONE hates leveling?

Blizzard even removed all the Bonus Objectives in Dungs, because people got boosted xD, that’s how much they don’t want you to levl, so if you’re doing low level dungs now, you get 0 Xp on those “Bonus Objectives” and stopped u from getting end XP after killing all bosses, to make sure you didn’t get boosted, that was annoying :slight_smile: and that was not really a bug, was just a fast way to levl that they didn’t like.

You kinda missed half of the points i made, and rephrased them out of context. But ok, fairs. I’ll play along.
2 - Not talking for everyone but, i personally will leave, because i got suspended, but as i said before, since 2008 i didnt have need to exploit, so i think i will be fine in other video games.
As far as content issues, wq’s are non existent, they dont give anything, except for doing world boss once a week, rep is done, rewards are not worth it. Wq’s itself are repeats from what you already did. Quests for the most part have been finished, warfronts are once per week, just to grab an item, story wise it’s cool to do once, but that’s about it. Incursions, are dead either, only badges are worth anything atm, from them, but incursions are once a day for 15 minutes. Now about raiding, i didnt beat them personally, but i was working towards it, raiding happens 2-3 days a week, for little amount of time, what do you expect to do in the mean time? All the other things you listed, like best gear, honor levels etc. Some of them, as far as content goes is just slot machine (gear titanforging).
So yes, as far as content, there is not much atm.
3 - No, my point is not, i farmed badges = i can exploit. My point was, i farmed badges playing/paying game, and get suspended from the game, i kinda already play, even tho there is not much to do. Blizzard did this specific ban wave, for personal gains, as a company, and you are defending it. As i mentioned before, you gonna get hit as well, more people get banned/leave, less people you will have to play with, more people will eventually leave, as there are less people. It’s a spiral that goes downwards. Exploits are bad, not arguing there. But certain exploits, that does not affect player base as a whole, and only affects company itself, i personally would not call bad. Just fix, and be done with it. Mind you exp potion, was able to stack only to 350% exp including looms, as game has it’s cap at 350% xp anyways. Blizzard REMOVED ability to gain 350% xp gains from the game, how can you defend that?
And last phrase about legion, that’s exactly what i meant when i said midsummer, as we are getting new patch for bfa around that time. I said, i hope we get at the end of bfa same experience we got at the end of legion. Not beginning of it.
And just to throw last bit, blizzard is not spending any significant amount of time banning us, it’s automated system, there will not be “more content” cuz less cheaters. So you basically argued, defending blizzard for the ban wave, for something that does not affect player base, at all. And actually gonna make it worse, for the game. Being righteous can bite you in the as.s you know.

I’m going to crush you so hard that angels will still weep about in in centuries.

hahaha, Im not losing to pandas twice in a row, I only grow stronger as time passes

Why did you have a need to exploit now then? To get to that non-existent content? There was no need for exploiting.

Just like how dailies were, except it’s different ones everyday. Heck, 8.1.5 brought in a bunch of new ones. I’ve done loads I’ve never done before.

In the mean time, you could, I don’t know, go farm for mats for your guild, make potions, do M+'s with your guild, do IE’s with your guild, go do Tmog runs, go for old pets/mounts. There’s plenty to do in the game. If you don’t enjoy doing any of them, then why are you still playing?

You didn’t get suspended for farming the badges though, you got suspended for using those badges on an exploit.

No, Blizzard did this because LOADS of people used the exploit. I’m guessing it’s opened their eyes to how bad leveling is, but, if they didn’t ban people for it, then everyone would go “Well, they didn’t get banned, so the next exploit, I’ll do it as well, since I’ll get plenty out of it”. They dropped the ban-hammer before things got out of control.

I personally won’t be hit by it. Had a few of my guildies from the raid team suspended from doing this (And they know they deserved it and haven’t once complained). They’ll be back in a few days, and the game will go on. If people leave because they got suspended for an exploit, it will mean less people to exploit the next problem that shows up.

ALL exploits are bad. And, to be honest, it kinda does affect the playerbase. It becomes an unfair advantage, so to speak. “Why did they get to use a cheat to speed level whilst I have to do it the normal way? That’s not fair, I’m leaving”. This is what most people who didn’t do it will say, so people will leave either way. I’d much prefer those who cheated to leave than those who didn’t (Whether they knew about it or not).

If they brought out potions that gave 300% exp, then I wouldn’t complain about it. But, if someone PHYSICALLY caused an exploit to get that 300% exp buff, then it’s a problem. It was earned through unfair methods, and should never be allowed in ANY online game. If you want to cheat, do it in a solo game, because that’s the only time where it ONLY affects you.

We hopefully will be, if they implement the things they’ve said they are going too. Right now, I’m quite content with the quality of the game. Yes, I have some things I don’t enjoy (IE’s for example), and so I don’t do them. I just do the things I enjoy doing, then spend the rest of my time farming mats for my guild, doing old raids/dungeons with the guild for fun, or finding things to do within the game that I haven’t done yet.

Yes, because the automated system just materialized out of nowhere, right? No one controls it. Noone has to put the Algorithms into it at all. It just happens automatically. I completely forgot about that.
And being a cheater in the game seems to have already bitten you in the a.ss my friend, so I guess, until it bites mine, I’m perfectly content ^_^.

Blockquote
Why did you have a need to exploit now then? To get to that non-existent content? There was no need for exploiting.

I exploited to get to content that involves playing with people and not solo 20-100 bracket is solo content which is not fun for anyone.

Blockquote
Just like how dailies were, except it’s different ones everyday. Heck, 8.1.5 brought in a bunch of new ones. I’ve done loads I’ve never done before.

Good for you, dailies gave certain rewards, you wanted, wq’s dont. After you did once you have not done, what’s the point in doing them?

Blockquote
In the mean time, you could, I don’t know, go farm for mats for your guild, make potions, do M+'s with your guild, do IE’s with your guild, go do Tmog runs, go for old pets/mounts. There’s plenty to do in the game. If you don’t enjoy doing any of them, then why are you still playing?

Who says i’m not doing that, we talk about leveling, and being able to get to content that actual people play, instead of solo leveling.

Simply wrong, blizz did this cuz Allied races just came out, and they banked on people buying boost, they didnt ban people when other quick leveling exploits were in game for couple of days, why is that? oh yes, they didnt have allied races at the time.

Not all exploits are created equally, leveling exploit is not affecting player base, banning for it does.
And it wasnt that much of a cheat in a first place, blizzard could have prevented it completely, if they reduced cap for extra exp (350%) as of now, to smaller amount, that is possible right now.

I’ll give you example, how it was treated in OTHER online mmo game, and why it’s better solution. In FF14 , they had level exploit as well, instead of punishing players, they made it public, and said they would patch it with next patch, so you are free to use it, untill it’s fixed, as it was mistake on their side, and not on players. Mind you, i did cheat in SOLO enviroment, 20-100 is solo bracket, like it or not.

Automated system was done way before this exploit, years ago. Meaning, it does not take any resources out of current development.
And for some reason you think it bit me in the as.s, but it didnt at all. I got 2 day suspension, and i saved way more time doing boring 20-100 bracket with exploit. By way more time, i meant, doing enjoyable stuff in game, instead of sitting there, leveling through most boring part of the game.

2 Likes

I don’t think the ban is the point here at all.
The point is the extreme amount of people willing to risk a ban just to get through the levelling slog. That means there is something very wrong with the levelling part.

Meh, people always try to find the limits and ways to do it as efficient as possible. It doesn’t say too much about the way levelling is atm, it’s just an excuse. Nobody forced them to level nor play this game.

There are alternative potions which could of been stacked with it instead, heirlooms and the such. There isn’t any room for sympathy or reasoning to justify people acting like dizzy blondes after realising "wait a minute…I got banned for -my- actions Furiously types onto forums/twitch/twitter and then trying to play the victim :clap:

And if you want a bizarre reason you could justify the bans for exploiting potion for PVE progression instead or something since it infinitely was possible to stack.

1 Like

i can imagine it was still worth the risk.There has not been a rollback on the levels. If the longest bans are 30 days from what i read and some people leveled up like 8 characters this way, that still saves you money. You dont get to play for a month, and waste your 13 bucks subscription. But what have you gained? 8 characters on the max level that would normally take long to level or 60 bucks per character for a boost. People who knew what risk they were taking most likely would just play another game for a month and then have fun with their new characters.

This is why i think a rollback instead of a ban would have been a better punishment, as i feel this is just going to promote abusing the next big bug that will happen. As long if you abuse it enough it will be worth more than the punishment

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.