Pre-Purchase the World of Warcraft®: The War Within™ 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition

D4 collectors was 340SEK in shipping, this one is 1100SEK in shipping, thats three times the D4 cost, and D4 box was huge…

Haha, 389SEK for shipping from UK to sweden… are you pulling our legs here blizzard?

2 Likes

Let me just start off by saying this - the shipping costs are insane. The shipping to my country was 99€ >.>

Now for the solution I found:

I realized that I can ship it to Germany & use a secondary shipping service from there - it takes a week, but they charge by the kilo and haul stuff in bulk, so all in all the shipping would have cost me about 45€

Not bad, but then I realized the secondary shipping service has an office in Spain - checked that out and the shipping was just 13.50€. All in all, shipping it this way will set me back about 20€. It’s not ideal, but it’s much better than 100€…

So, long story short - if you’re willing to skip the first week of the expansion due to your CE being hauled in a truck from Spain to wherever, just use one such service if you can…

you are shipping from store to them?

I use Fire Breath.

1 Like

shipping to an address in spain is 161SEK roughly equal to 15 €…

I miss the days of going down to Gamestop or Game and buying the physical version of the game there…
… for a much more reasonable price…

Thankfull for my other half as he is helping me get this, since I am a collector (with mental health issues that makes me feel terrible over missing it).
I’m just… sad… I miss the old days.

4 Likes

i feel you :<

1 Like

Think of it like a storage unit - the package arrives, a clerk signs for it, puts it in your storage bin, once a week a truck loads everything up from the storage bins & hauls it to a central office in your country. From there they ship it to you with a local courier.

Such services are pretty popular in Eastern Europe because they are quite affordable if you’re not in a rush.

Of course, it’s not as fast as DHL, but it doesn’t cost an arm & limb either…

You mean the buyers are getting ripped off by the shippers? It’s not Blizzard who pays the extra buck.

1 Like

What such service do you recommend?

Thank you for contacting us through customer service regarding your request. After having forwarded your case to the logistics department, they have confirmed us that the costs are correct since the volumetric weight of the box exceeds 15kg.

This is due a recalculation between weight and size. We are sorry for the inconvenience but this is something that we are not able to change.

Best regards,

Agustin | CS Advisor

They really have no idea what they are doing.

i used this calculator with the box measurements from their gears store and 15kg of weight, and it ends up in less than 2kg volumetric weight…

Volumetric Weight Calculator | ParcelHero

Well, that’s country specific so you’ll need to check out your local options for yourself - you can google “proxy shipping service”, “parcel forwarding”, “package forwarding”, etc.

I ve canceled refunded my order from EU store (300 chf) :switzerland: and bought again on UK store (245 chf) :switzerland:

EU store is a scam

Cheaper from london :uk: or houston :us: to Switzerland than from paris / madrid or berlin to Switzerland

Crazy stuff

3 Likes

Indeed it makes no sense.

1 Like

You aren’t getting it cheaper when buying it on the UK store. the UK is a non-EU country,hence you will pay up to 64 euro import fees. In other words you will actually pay 4 euro more that way

Additional information updated at my main post above with that you will not receive a key in advance when ordering a Physical CE at this moment. If you do buy a digital key and then later add a CE key you will get the digital key rebate to your BNET balance though (Thanks Punyelf <3)

In the past people have had to buy a digital key then claim that back as credit on their account (bnet balance).

1 Like

So, given that, the physical edition does not offer beta access. Because they aren’t flagging your account.

This is… well, there’s no other word for it: Stupid.

It made sense back in the day when it was given to retailers, but if they sell it themselves from only a single store it really shouldn’t be that hard to send the digital goods ahead of time, as they do with the regular digital purchase, and then send you the physical goods on release day by mail.

I made this point when DF came out, and here I am making it again…

1 Like

it make sense since you are selling a real thing which doesn’t come with a unique code unless you open it which would then make no sense. it’s been always like that and always be…