Pre-Purchase the World of Warcraft®: The War Within™ 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition

I’d rather buy crack.

Got this from support, i think its insane that they didnt think of this, check with more carriers or something!

How can we help?
Ask me a question
DF CE = 129.99 euro+25 euro for shipping.
War Within = 200 euro + 99euro shipping.
Why are this CE so much more expensive
The box i can understand but why so much
more for shipping to the same adress as last
time?
Is it an error?
Delivered 10 minutes ago

Agustin
The logistics department, they have
confirmed us that the costs are correct
since the volumetric weight of the box
exceeds 15kg. This is due a recalculation
between weight and size. We are sorry for
the inconvenience but this is something that
we are not able to change

That is 100% incorrect. With the measurements of the box from their gear store, it´s not more than 2kg of volumetric weight.

Where have you found any mention of weight?

• Box measures approximately 27.2cm x 30.6cm x 7.4cm

All I’ve found so far is the size of the box. I’m still looking though.

You can calculated the volumetric weight based on weight + volume, but when they are mentioning 15 kg volumetric weight.

For the shipment to be 15kg of what they are refering to, the box has to be 50x50x30 to match that volume, which is almost twice the size of the CE-box itself…

I just don’t know how much that statue weighs which is clearly a big factor as well as the size.

they are just sending the same message to everybody, i assume they don’t even care to check that themselves

1 Like

Even if the statue is big, really big, the D4 collectors edition box was not even remotely close to 100€ in shipping, it was a third, to suggest this statue is twice the size of the entire D4 collectors edition box is just, well, bonkers

3 Likes

The shipping for me in the UK is £8. Seems a wild difference between countries.

1 Like

Might be a typo and should be 1.5kg? As the
formula for volumetric weight is 27,2×30,6×7,4 divided by 4000/5000/6000 depeing on carrier.

but seriously it shipped from spain, i could fly to spain from the NL for cheaper then they asking for non express shipping…
I fact i have bought some statues from the old store (when they charged 299 for one) and i payed less for shipping FROM THE US and anyone that ever bought one can tell you those boxes are huge they are bigger then some pc case boxes.

imagine being a typo, i would like to see what will happen next XD

Looking at the statue it the exact same style as the rag 15th anniversary one (base is identical) and those are lighter (cheaper material) and smaller then the illidan, jaine, sylvanas ect store statues.

I just weighed the 15th anniversary box, it’s about 4,2 kg. The Ragnaros statue itself is like 2 kg.
The box measures approximately 37x28x36 cm.

Blockquote
Box measures approximately 27.2cm x 30.6cm x 7.4cm

The size Punyelf mentions is just the regular CE-box size.

Now if they are splurging and the statue is about the size of the Ragnaros but is metal instead … (Yeah, I’m dreaming :sleeping_bed: :zzz: )

Might also be that 15kg is correct if they shipn it in a large box (as someone did the math on earlier) with alot of packaging material.

Lucky you, I live on one of the crown dependencies, it’s £36 for shipping.

Talked with others about it and its the box thats its shipped in that is used for volumetric weight not the CE box itself so you might be right actually

I also wonder. Especially about the Beta Access.

please bring back store sold collectors, this outrageous shipping and handling fee inside of EU is crazy.
And as others mention, the content inside the box doesn’t follow older versions with mousepad and lacks things that makes it even worse of an option. To sad to see my collection not continue with these.

4 Likes

The volume is usually the biggest factor when shipping far distances. More volume => fewer packages, so sounds right. Charging €99 to many EU countries still doesn’t add up, especially when it’s changing from €37 to Germany to €99 to NL, DK, SE and other nearby countries.
The shipping price to many EU countries is on the level of sending the package from the UK + taxes + customs fees, so something doesn’t seem right in their store.

2 Likes