Pre-Purchase the World of Warcraft®: The War Within™ 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition

even if we think that something doesn’t seem right, according to eu blizzard store’s support the calculation they made is ‘correct’.

Pretty sure I saw the whole package, the usual CE box and then the statue and an even bigger bog which I imagine is going to contain both. So dimension wise it’s going to be a pretty big box and depending on the statue material, could be quite heavy. But it still the shipping cost to EU countries sound nasty.
I remember when I was able to get the Shadowlands CE from a local store back when I was living in Finland, sad they changed it to Blizz store only.

Well the Support needs to say that they calculated it correctly and it is what it costs.

The problem however is that I kickstart a fair amount of Boardgames, and they come in packages that are much larger and weigh more than any previous Collectors edition of WoW. And with VAT they go between 20-30Euro to ship and handle in EU.

So charging 100 Euro on a product that you decided to take away from Retailers so you could skim more of the profit, and then the expansion after, you quadruple if not more the shipping cost. Cause Dragonflight didn’t cost 100Euro to ship out.

It doesn’t add up, no matter what auto reply the support gave.

2 Likes

15kg!?! there’s nothing in it…

3 Likes

you need to keep in mind that that CE dragonflight didn’t have a statue together. im positive about the 200euro for the ce but that shipping cost is ridiculous. i wouldn’t mind if the total cost to be around 230 ( shipping cost + vat)

I was deeply saddened by the fact that I could not longer (pre-) order my CE’s from my local game store. Especially so after the drama with the poor shipping of DF CE.

The weirdest thing is the wild discrepancies in shipping costs between countries, which feel really arbitrary.

3 Likes

I know that the figurine is also adding to the shipping size, and I understand that addition also makes for a more complicated shipping.

But as I said, I’ve got plenty of packages from kickstarters with board games, that in volume is larger than the two things combined, for less of a prize in shipping.

But another solution would be to make the collectors edition as it was every single time, and have an addon option for those that want a figurine, and pay for that shipping if that is what is killing everything.

Cause then we could buy the collectors as we have done prior, and not get shammed cause of a paperweight most of us won’t be putting up anywhere.

1 Like

we are in 2024… there’s nothing like complicated shipping… you can buy ANYTHING on internet of any size and not pay 100€ of shipping… especially from a big company

5 Likes

If they made it like 40-60 euros based on shipping costs per country…lots more people would buy it. But in the end it will sell out anyway so why bother offer a fair shipping cost.
I wonder how much money goes to blizzard of the 99 euros and how much the shipping actually costs.

Yeah my LK was so heavy I struggled to get it out of the box :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

those are the dimensions of the CE box that is the showpiece (brown box on the photo)

Dimensions of the statue:
Statue measures 9.5In (24,5 cm) x 9In (22 cm) x 13In. (33 cm)
So the statue is quite large on its own, and getting you a box that is probably 30 cm x 30 cm x 45 cm to package it in foam,

than a shipping box on the outside for like 40 cm x 40 cm x 55 cm.
And that is excluding the packaging of the other CE goodies.

Still, that price is enormous tho for shipping in the EU no matter what size.
Like i said before, my mountainbike came from an online store and was shipped in a 200 cm x 100 cm x 30 cm box and only did cost 50 euros to ship it. (at 16 kgs of weight total for the bike + packaging and tools to assemble it)

2 Likes

According to EU rules, I don’t even think they’re allowed to charge xx for shipping to keep a fraction to themselves, then that should be added as “handling” or similar.

I was so ready to buy until I saw the 99 shipping.

And completely insanity how the UK is 9-12£; I found shipping prices in Denmark to very similar (lived in Both countries) - So I have no idea how on earth they’ve concluded it will cost 99!

Nothing I’ve bought of humongous sizes, has cost even close to 99 shipping.

At most I think I ever paid 45€ for a giant TV to be shipped. But most places if you order above 150€ or similar it’s free shipping.

What are we paying for? A personal delivery by a butler accompanied by a trained circus dog in dress shoes?

5 Likes

Be prepared to also buy them more often as basically confimed in the interview with maria hamilton i just saw where she said expansions will come out faster and we should not expect the saga will span 6 years :smiley:

I assume this one is unique for its size (and price) as the box is similar to the Classic Collector’s as it’s a celebratory anniversary package.

Crazy if all the other upcoming ones are priced similar though. I’d expected game prices to go up, due to increase in operation costs across the games industry, but if it stays the same; then it’s a bit of a ripoff.

It’s the very first time I’ve hesitated buying a Collector’s; and all down to a shipping fee. Not the game or box itself… Crazy

anyway base shipping is 40€ish it’s that plus the 200€ that makes no sense…

1 Like

Gruetzi

Yes but 245 +50 = 295 (UK store)

300+50 = 350 (EU store)

I did, i canceled my EU order and order again on UK :slight_smile:

btw i come from the left side of the röstigraben kek

you will pay importtax and handling on top of your cheaper uk price plus it can get stuck at customs and you wont get it till weeks after the expansion is out

same potential issue from the EU store

in fact no its easier to trade between UK and Switzerland than EU and switzerland

8,1 VAT of 245 then ~ = 20 CHF + Duties => the box is 10 kg so arround + 10CHF

maybe + the post office ~ 15-20

295 :slight_smile:

8.1 VAT of 245 =/= 8.1 of 295 (EU store)

And NO inclusiv language and atrocity woke word in my mothertongue with an EU game box goodies

bless the english

lol german went harder than english on it?