Preparing for next xpac

So I saw people were preparing for next xpac instead of actually playing. Understandable, the state of BFA is horrible, but my question is : How do you prepare ? I only care for High rated PvP, I don’t see many things to do to prepare for an possibly and perhaps better expansion. Thoughts ?

1 Like

I don’t either, but I’m no pro. BFA gears won’t matter (ilvl squish), azerite won’t matter, just like legion weaps, they did not carry over into another expansion.

But I’ve got a few alts to max lvl still and reps to grind too. May even try to unlock the last allied races I don’t have which are on the horde side.

Im levelling alts. Like Yorda im not a pro. i level many chars as i can in order to have more choice to have a fitting main.

1 Like

Thats why Im not sure if resubbing is worth it. There is no true goal to pursuit if every new expansion makes all our effort trash-worth.

2 Likes

That doesn’t make much sense tho. It’s how it’s been for then entirety of WoW existense. You work on your character for an expansion, that lasts 2 years and the 2 years (or the major content patches) is when that work has value, in terms of progression, gearing etc. Other than collectibles, titles and the potentital fun you’re having etc, it always gets reset.

2 Likes

I level the alts. So i can then see what classes to start
Bfa i had lock (h) and war (a).

Now i have to level the hunter , pally , priest , shammy and druid and dk
Most of the leveling is to park in in for 200% xp and then que for 5mans.
Thats all

1 Like

Level alts & Farm lotsa gold for openworld pvp i guess in your case me? i just farm gold cx

I don’t prepare.

Story is good.
Gameplay is horrible.

I am not hyped nor preparing for it.

I feel so shafted by Blizzard since BfA prepatch, I am just taking it up my bum and let it happen whatever is given to me.

I am depressed, but trying to squeeze in as much fun as I can from the game to keep my love for WoW going in my heart.

95% of my friends have moved on from the game, I am going to start my own family in a few years. My partner has barely any time to play with me.

I hope the next expansion is a little better I guess.

: ^ )

1 Like

But overall, why would you start to prepare for the next expansion now as there’s 1 more raid tier in BFA?.

My Own thoughts, and what i do to enjoy wow currently

• Leveling Alts, currently at like 39 120’s
  • Trying to get Every Class Tier Sets.
    [Wont move til example BC, unless i have all the Class Sets from Classic etc]
  • Gold farming, making about 650k - 1M gold a Week, with no stress.
  • Mount Farming
  • Pet Farming.

So i could care less about BFA’s End-Game, End Game Gear means little to me.

• If doing BFA Continent, its just to get my Alts to 400+ ilvl to be able to solo Legion Raids for Mounts.
    Or simple for BFA Tmog through LFR.

There is no preparation, because the mantra in Retail is : You do something, it’s valuable for the current patch, next patch, 50% of what you have done is totaly useless now.

For extension to extension, it’s like 90% of what you have done is useless. Just farm golds (or buy token), and you are prepared.

2 Likes

No squish has been confirmed yet and if we don’t get a level squish we will not get an item level squish either or stat squish because that has only just happened in BFA .

Myself going to level one of each class to 120 and then spend time farming mounts and PVP/Honor levels.

There is no preparing in game. It’s just mentally preparing for it.

Because the moment a new expansion arrives, a junk world drop will be better than the mythic raiding gear you get from the final raid boss.

Well ofc it is .I was in full mythic gear from Antorus and it was all replaced by 117 its been the same since classic into TBC I replaced my tier2 and tier 3 bits by 67/68 whilst levelling its a none issue.

It’s a bit disappointing, that’s all.

You have full legendary gear set, a legendary sword, forged and used by kaelthas sunstrider, considered a weapon with incredible powers, only to become useless the moment bfa arrives. Same will happen with our gears.

I understand that there’s no way around it. But it’s still disappointing.

At the time I was main BM hunter and losing Hati even though a major pain with LOS issues and other things was a great sadness to me so I know what you mean in that regards .

preapring for what? the next expansion will be launched in a year, tahts 12 months what the hell! go play something else to bridge the time

2 Likes

im not sure but i think to remember in TBC i was fully dressed in purple crafted as tailor and raid drops (i never remember which ones probably TK and MLair but cuz i never care normally) and i was dressed these items still until 73th lvl in wtlk. do i remember bad?

Man… how? i did try everything, from gathering resources to selling alchemy and nothing gives me any profit… stack of nazjatar ore felt from 4k to roughly 2k… :smiley: