Preparing for next xpac

Made a Guide on how i made gold, with no AH Involved.

1 Like

ILY :smiley: now my 8 alts can be useful in some way :smiley:

1 Like

You’re Welcome :slight_smile: .
Yeah with 8 chars you should be able to get 1 Month game time in no time xD

Another Reason why being a Altoholic can be good haha

3 Likes

While true, the way how gearing works has changed immensely.
You used to farm the piece you wanted and once you got it you were done. Now you gotta keep farming for that shot of war/titanforged.
Sure it’s a nice little way to keep endgame relevant up until the next expac, but it also causes some of the high achievers to feel like they have to keep farming for better gear so they can complete mythic raid even faster or go for higher keys in m+

For me, preparing is:

• Taking a look on the classes I have at 120, and deciding if I will bring them on to 9.0 or If I should reroll.
  • Leveling alts to 120
  • Getting things done in earlier expansion which I have not yet done, for example I hadn’t bothered with Velves, I went to unlock them yesterday.
  • Getting my reps up for pathfinder
  • Hunting the mogs that I want.
  • Unlocking the Allied Races that I havent gotten yet
  • Seeing the Hordeside of the story.

At the end of the expansion, I aim to have one Horde and one Alliance chosen, in case we get seperate stories in 9.0, if not I will go with the alliance… because Worgen

Yep… thats bs. Instead of additional content which would expand the world they just replace old one with new one. It would be way, WAY better if new content just meant:

• new locations and story
  • no powercreep (lvl hard cap)
  • new additional mechanics and way of character progressions
  • more content (new classes, races etc.)
  • more gear with unique effects for every new xpac

Every zone should matter, not only the ones from latest xpac.

1 Like

Just done the same and it was really good fun.

1 Like

I don’t see the point of doing anything else than farming gold for the next expansion, which is still a little less than a year away, so i didn’t even started farming gold yet, its pointless.

Getting gear for faster leveling? Most likely even the gear from the last mythic raid will be worse than a green item on lvl 122.

If we go to 130 levels any mythic gear will usually last until mid way 125/126 .

Wtf are these people talking about? Of course you will lose everything you had in this expansion when the new one gets launched.

What would you want? Would you want to raid Eternal Palace with Sethekk Halls gear from Tbc.

1 Like

Sure, why not. New raids comes with new xpacs, but even with no powercreep bs gear it doesnt mean new instances wont come with unique mechanics needed to complete said instance. Gear isnt the only way to progress our characters and make them stronger, thats the point. Powercreep is just lazy and outdated way to do that.

I mean, I don’t really think it’s a thing, preparing for a future expansion, but if you don’t like the content at endgame there’s still a few activities for you I guess?

I’ve been slowly repping up past expansions I missed to get the rewards associated.
Done a few currency farms for mounts and the such.
Legion fishing pole on an increasing, slowly, number of chars.
Made a bit of gold.
Mog hunting when I feel like it.
Farmed a few drop mounts (low success).
Bought the bleeding Expedition Yak which took a nice bite from my finances at 120k.
Pathfinder in WoD, Legion and BfA.
Joined and helped develop a perfect guild for my gaming.

Dunno. Feels like if you like the game there’s a ton of stuff outside cap you can do.

There is no way to prepare, A L M O S T (so ppl can see) everything you do in this expansion will be invalidated in the next.

You could do some QoL things such as reputations and flying achievement, but gear wise everything will be erased by quest items.

I dont.
I am prepared, my boss told me that at the end of my Intro questchain

1 Like

i quit because classes are boring i can life with a boring game if the classes are fun (vanilla for example boring but fun class/game mechanics)

i think they should watch at wotlk/Mop for some peak designs

Actualy this will happen next major patch not expansion.

The classic + idea is just rubbish and its players wanting to cherry pick the best from other expansions .
Keep classic as classic the one we fought for and won .

For those of you who’s still into my Gold Farming Guide!, i will make a updated post in the New / Returning Player!, there’s going to be a HUGE Update!.

I prepare by getting all Classes to 120, so I have all the Options. Traditionally I only decide on a Main for an expansion like 10 minutes before it Releases :slight_smile:

the problem is all the other classes arent prepared. so 9.0 will be a dH only expack?