Press F Mythic Dungeon Tools?

i mean,that is understandable ,it is people’s stupidity that led to this ,not he himself ,its legit like in the world people do stupid sht and everyone else strugles cus of that PepeHands , but still u cant just clearly say to some1 "go f urself u c*nt" while you are streaming and being in a world first racing guild,its just bad reputation for the guild and for your community

MDT is a map with no POIs, if you want to go with the map analogy. It still shows the map, you can still “plan” your route, but it’s much more useful with POIs.

Either way, the addon itself has all the functionality shipped with it. You need to supply it some data to make those functions useful, is all.

I’m glad we agree then.

write it like that:
http : //www . google. fr

I’ll put it correctly for you.

You can put the link between backticks (`), and the forum will let you post them then.

No, don’t do that. Put it between backticks (`). Makes copy & pasting a whole lot easier.

1 Like

He received quite a many hateful comments during RWF that MDT is not being updated. I totally understand why he’s upset, and why he wants those who benefit from his work, yet, only pour hate his way, to pay up. I don’t think he handled the situation well, though.

I would’ve just pulled the addon from GitHub, or made the repo private, and would’ve uploaded a dummy to CurseForge. The haters will not pay anyway, so it’d be easier and less stressful to just axe the whole thing and let someone else continue with it if they want to. Would have caused less of an outrage too, I imagine.

How did people manage to avoid learning % from packs by doing low keys?

He went full on Method against a woman commenting his tweet and told her to send him nudes. Now deleted.

Didn’t handle the situation well is an understatement.

3 Likes

Actually, this is what he should have done:

Nope, because MDT doesn’t need access to the Blizzard API, like RIO or Details! do. It can exist without access to the API.

The Blizzard rules are about addons accessing the API. I’m lazy to read it again, but if I remember it right, addons cannot be paid and have access to the api. They can be paid and not have that, though.

Another thing is that Patreon is largely considered “donation” and as such I’m not sure if it is considered selling. I know many people do treat it as donations for tax purposes :^)

I don’t know about that API vs not-API.

However, you can twist as much as you want, if you give money to obtain something in exchange, this is called “buying”.

Oh, hell yeah. I’m not gonna defend the guy. Screw him. As someone already said - a spite addon has already been made.

Arguably, selling that data is illegal for copyright reasons, as he’s selling Blizzard’s data.

Not really, no. Ignoring is a continous effort, and some will slip through once in a while. Just taking the addon private, only shared between Echo and whoever else he gives it to would’ve been a far better course of action. For his mental health, for his reputation, and Echo’s too.

No, he’s not.

The dungeon data? Yeah, that’s Blizzard’s. Enjoy.

:rotating_light: Wee Woo Wee Woo :rotating_light: Manbaby alert

2 Likes

I’m glad the new alternative is literally called Manbaby dungeon tools

2 Likes

It’s not. He’s not selling the maps, nor is he selling the exact data blizzard uses on the server side. He’s selling the data he collected by observation.

You never give up do you ? You’re just wrong. Everyone proved you wrong already in this thread. You don’t buy a car that has no engine. At this point it’s trolling

1 Like

Noone did so far. You’re coming up with arguments that are either not true (like the guy who asserted that he’s selling assets, which he is not), or that he’s selling Blizzard’s data (which he is not - if it would be something he datamined from the client, or from server side, that would be, but he did neither).

True, but that analogy doesn’t stand for MDT. People do buy a phone without a sim card pretty often, though (because they already have one, or plan to buy one separately), and a phone without one is fairly useless, isn’t it.