Prime example how insane classic fanatics are

Go tell someone how absolutely unnecessary and stupid it is to not have a direct flight path from camp mojache as horde, to brackenwall village in dustwallow marsh, and watch these idiots bash you with non sequiturs like “why don’t you leave then/ go play retail/ you just bad l2p” etc bullcrap:

If you are in camp mojache and select brackenwall, it will suggest you fly to thousand needles first, then tanaris, THEN to brackenwall… a complete 100 year detour like are you effin kidding me?
But if you manually click thunderbluff, stop there, then you can go straight to brackenwall. This doesn’t make any sense and is completely inexcusable, yet there are more people DEFENDING THIS BRAINDEAD FLAWED DESIGN as if it’s “part of the game” in a intentional way, disregarding the facts how much blizz had to crunch with a deadline 20 years ago to push out wow as fast as possible because funding… going into fixing these issues years later, because everyone agreed the flightpath connection “a.i.” was ANYTHING but logical or optimised.

Go on, be a logical reasonable player and voice to others in classic how stupid this thing is and they should have fixed it, and watch everyone attack you as if it was PERSONAL.

My god these people need help.
Any criticism no matter how small a detail or how reasonable (and evident, because any complaint or improvement suggestion you have, was actually legit, because all those issues got fixed and improved in retail so they are wrong and you are right), doesn’t matter, they will want to dox you, kill you irl if they could and throw your remains into a volcano.

These individuals, who are plenty, are absolutely insane.
Go seek professional help, like seriously.
Imagine having your ego and self image merged with a 20 year old flawed game, being unable to even hear or read ANY suggestions or criticism of its mechanics or functionality or quality of life feature. My. GOD.
To think of that these people exist irl and are part of society… jesus christ.

2 Likes

Your post took longer to type then the flight path itself.
People are against changes because if they start implement what SOME players want, there is no end.

17 Likes

Why would you even want to suggest improvements? Players want to be able to play the same game like 15-20 years ago. There could be thousand small improvements but in the end we would have a different game.

It’s really great that you care so much about the mental health of other human beings and recommend them to get help but maybe start with yourself. Be a good role model. Clean you room (you have time for this during your ingame flights).

1 Like

Sure the fp sucks. But that’s just the way it is. Like ^ said you can’t just change a little thing, then not do anything about the rest. Change them all and Classic becomes like retail, a game where RPG elements are traded away for the sake of convenience. Eventually you’ll be able to do anything from everywhere

4 Likes

yet they have made countless changes and are planning to “remove” batching

Yes some routes could be shorter/done something with. Imo it’s a decent aspect considering its an mmorpg, people tend to forget the small things. Its about the world as a whole, not the fastest way from A to B.

This is how I see it, I enjoy a long flight from time to time and just soak in the environment.

Call be a fanatic, call me crazy, people play the game differently and enjoy different aspects, deal with it.

Harsh accusations, I highly doubt this ever happened.

If this is how you see people who likes the game different than you, maybe you are the one who indeed needs help?

1 Like

There are some odd flights, going from darkshore to ratchett goes via methenil for me.

If someone has a go at you for saying it’s odd then that’s stupid, unless you said it with a lot of aggression.

Go back to retail… :laughing:

1 Like

Please do. If the fact that moving from one place to another takes a couple of minutes extra infuriates you this much you could use it.

2 Likes

That’s only because you haven’t discovered the Aszhara flight point yet. You should try Astranaar to Ratchet though, that’s even better if memory serves me right.

No one defends that flawed design but you are missing the point about what Classic is. Classic is supposed to be a recreation of the game as it was, warts and all.

Keeping unintended bugs and whatnot that was part of the original experience is in fact intended. It’s not black or white though. Some things must be hotfixed and other things doesn’t depending on how game breaking they are.

The 5 pages long rant about a topic nobody has ever defended doesn’t tell you this already? ^^

3 Likes

Oh, that flight path. Yeah.

There’s a similar Alliance one from Ashenvale to Desolace that takes the most scenic route possible, going through Mulgore, The Barrens, Dustwallow Marsh, and then does an actual U turn, and returns to all those zones a second time before finally turning to Desolace.

I agree it’s daft.

There I said it.

I can’t believe how triggered you seem over this. People need professional help because they want no changes? That’s absurd and says more about you than it does others lol

The problem is you are triggered by a very minor “bug” / “bad behavior” of the game. Take it easy and ignore it. You’ll lose maybe 5mn in your entiere life because of that bug. It’s not worth thinking about that.

something with…nochanges

they want no changes until its something that inconveniences them, then its some changes are okay but only the ones that benefit them directly.

If not wanting changes to silly flight paths makes somebody insane, what does writing 5 paragraphs about people not wanting changes make you?

Here’s a hint, your post is a prime example of how insane some players really are.

2 Likes

Immagine critizing a game made 15 years ago from the dawn of MMo’s