Primordial Saronite will be a huge problem in classic phase 4

Tell me you are last in prio for shadowmourne without telling me you are last in prio for shadowmourne.

Wasn’t it bought with emblems of ice, that were usually farmed from dailie rewards from dungeons in RDF? I am sure there will be a lot of casuals happy to sell their saronite to hardcore players.

Because phase length also changed from original. Things have to be adjusted accordingly to contemporary situation.

I think it does not matter. No matter how late you get to the shard stage. they drop every 2nd to 3rd boss. the droprate is insanely high so the only hard and time incentive thing here is actually the first step.

I understand that, but the evidence is clear, that unless that is gonna be an exception, it will follow other pahases.

I dont know what this is supposed to clarify.

Sure, i just dont think it is inherently a smart thing for the game in general or raids.
Neither was this supposed to be how it was, so it is just a cascading effect.

Okay you just have 0 good points, ill just stop even arguing with someone that moves the goal post like this.

I am first, but sure.

Emblems of frost yes, meaning you will need 500+ emblems of frost.

This guy got brains ! <3

Phase lengths and legendary designs are completely skewed and problematic.

you need 50, 2nd to 3rd boss is then gonna be average 10-11 weeks to get the shards alone.

Add on top if you have to do that step 1 for 3-4 weeks, we are looking at near 15 weeks to get it. Even compared to val anyr that is far longer.

So no the first step isnt the time consuming one, it is still the shard collection part. Another thing they could do is make it so the Shadowfrost shards drop regarless if someone is on that quest part (still cant confirm if this is how it works or not).

meaning they again wont have to wait that extra time.

Why would that be an issue? I highly doubt Ill pay less than 2 gold caps for the shards anyway, the Saronite will be dirt cheap compared to that.

Why would you pay at all?

I will presume that Blizzard is planning on changing how it was originally by not gating ICC. ICC was originally only released up to Saurfang, which means you could collect the Saronite with good time before you could progress the questline for Shadowmourne.

I’m in a bit of a Shadowmourne dilemma myself, my guild bids off legendaries for GDKP and I didn’t run GDKP runs on 4 alts for the entire of TBC like these guys to build up masses of gold.

I don’t really think the 25 Saronite requirement is a big deal, but with massive demand and ICC being fully available from day one, it is going to be unusually expensive and messy.

Agree with Roninshow

Primordial Saronite isn’t Bop. 23x25 = 575 emblems of frost from different players. Yes it will cost a lot of gold, however runic orbs of Ulduar are effectively the same thing, so what so special about ICC patch crafting material?

1 Like

How would RMT be an issue you say ? Try and think why.

Since it is physically impossible to get the amount of saronite outside of having 6-8 alts fully farming the content or a raid team sacrificing all their badges. You cant start the shard collection before you get this step done, so if your raid wants a legendary they kinda want to, but the shortened raid phases means it is so less forgiving.

If you want to start it within week 1 you have to either rely on your guild essentially paying or you. Either way farming badges to give saronite is the same as buying em, cause those saronites could be sold for some 100-200k gold with market prices.

Ill tell you what, primordial saronite has a far lower droprate. So unless something changes, you wont get nearly as many primordial saronites as runed orbs. We get about 50 runed orbs from 2 full 14/14 ulduar 25m kills. I have run some test and looked around posts and it seems anywhere from 4-6 saronite for a full clear HM is a rough average, which is only on 25m not even 10m as far as i know, which was also added runed orbs every week in this phase.

All the BOES in ICC Are more expensive (more saronite per craft) and there are more/better of them in my opinion.

Lastly the legendary itself is gonna cost 5x the amount of saronite that orbs did, all in all runed orbs do not equal saronite in any way because of.

1. Acquisition is lower.
  2. Costs are higher.
  3. The demand for bis items are greater.

All leads to saronite being a dumpster fire on release of selling to heavy RMT traded markets. For all the casuals getting emblems and selling saronite this will be nice, but i still dont think it is a good fit for the game to do and that the legendary questline needs tuning around the shortened content phases and extreme RMT nature.

again my compromises have been around it still costing primordial saronite, but it could be moved around or they could allow shadowfrost shards to still be obtainable from day 1, so that you only really have to invest the 25 primordial saronite, once you are ready to finish the legendary etc, effectively saving the players and guilds a lot of hassle and not impacting the acquisition a lot.

Because thats how gdkp works?

Admitting to spending over 2 times goldcap in GDKP’s, probably even pre-bought Shadowmourne if I’m not mistaken. Yeah, totally legit I’m sure.

Alternatively: join a guild and be good enough you’re in line to get SM.

Or, get this: you accept you don’t need to rushrushrush and have your axe by the third week (exaggeration).

Edit: I’m sure the phase will last long enough for multiple people in a guild to get their axe. As for the RMT part: yeah well blizz just needs to crack down on guys that blatantly buy their way through a GDKP, spending 100k+

Are you stupid ?

It isnt hard to see that my character is in a guild with a 2 run split setup…

I am in line to get SM, that doesnt fix how stupidly expensive and hard this first step is cause the excessive amount of RMT that is gonna skyrocket the price of saronite.

Like follow the points a little all of this has been mentioned before. You are just repeating points that are already answered.

So yeah, instead of having the item be gained at a certain time that would be appropriate with the original wotlk acquisitiion time, inclassic people will just have to wait/not get one before the introduction of Ruby sanctum, instead of fixing obvious flaws in the acquisition method so it better aligns with the shorter phase classic.

Multiple people ? I can give you the math on average time with your suggestions,with those suggestion you are lucky to finish a little over 1 axe with a normal phase. No classic phases in TBC and WOTLK have been more than 20 weeks most of them just 15.

For reference most patches are around 15 weeks for 2 years nearly, ulduar is set to be an extended (specialty) in comparison, which they mentioned. So again i dont get all these random points where people like you dont math out what you are saying.

Cracking down or not, because this is a raid ressource it has an impact on any singular player and raids management of this ressource to give to their players as BOE upgrades and or the legendary. So it isnt just those people that are affected…

Are you 12 years old? Always a fun way to start your reply with, makes me value all you have to say 5x more /s

I don’t conduct a search for every char I reply to, and frankly I couldn’t care less how you play.

Well at this point you just have to face the fact that’s how it’s gonna be. Be patient and run ICC, like everyone, and after a reset or two you’ll have the Saronite.

Then I’d hope they also fix the rate splinters drop because that will be the part that’s gonna take the longest. But I’m gonna bet they won’t fix anything, indeed looking at how blizz handled TBC length.

Yet you do accuse them of RMT and doing GDKP´s without doing so.

Why would i, several other things have been changed alongside Val anyrs ilvl.

I would hope so too, you can do these posts, without having the worst in mind.

ICC will be here for a long time, and if needed Ruby Sanctrum can be delayed. I am also sure Wrath will last untill playerbase drops too low or Blizzard release next expansion right after Cataclysm Classic release as backup option to not loose Classic subs. In original ICC+RS lasted for a year, more than enought to get Shadowmorene if you start playing just when phase 4 starts.

Where do you have any evidence of that ? There is no indication that ICC will be here for an extended period of time at all.

We already had confirmation that Cataclysm is an option, depending on what people answered on the questionaire, they might go straight to cataclysm at the same speed they have done the previous expansions.

And this isnt original wrath, no single phase has lasted as long as the original ones, what part about that fact do you not get ??

Did you ask the solution to your favorite Youtubers ?