Prove me wrong RDF

No they wont, they will be like you, that want it from the start because “autentic experience that i never had so now i am making my own version up in my head and push it on the forums”.

We already have distorted versions of Classic WoW. The Classic was never a true version, TBCC is not a true version. Everything is changed. TBCC did it the most obvious way with the completly new Same faction BG’s.

So if they remove RDF it will follow the same path as Classic and TBCC. A different version of what we had.

Those who are achieving it through normal/heroic/mythic they get their perceived value regardless. People who are only doing LFR usually don’t touch these modes anyway so for them perceived value is totally different.

The whole “value” thing is subjective to begin with. For me LFR is not considered much of the content, but for some it’s the content and they see value in it. The thing is that it’s only from your point of view that LFR has “lesser perceived value” not some1 else who does it regularly.

The perceived value is lower when you can kill it with an easier difficulty, you’re getting to experience the story and defeat the big baddy without earning it, that devalues the experience of the whole raid without also considering how it affects game design/balancing, each additional difficulty of a raid has an effect on that.

And of course it’s subjective, everything is subjective and it’s a subjective view shared by many that has a very well understood and solid grounding in human psychology and why this same topic has been in regular conversation for over a decade.

Fixed that for ya.

1 Like

The perceived value, we’re talking about a large collective of people, not my personal opinion.

I’ve returned to WoW 2 months before SL launch and did some LFR on N’Zoth and it was pretty challenging to get it done in LFR PUG. People were failing left and right and it took quite a few attempts and I had fun downing it.

It doesn’t matter that most people perceive LFR to be “lesser content” but for people who are only doing LFR it’s still a content that they otherwise be locked out off due to lack of skill / anxiety or other reasons. What matters that LFR doesn’t affect game in any negative way for players who are not doing it, it’s actually quite the opposite, probably more people join normal raids after LFR since they get familiar with raid mechanics in safer setting without fear of failing badly.

LFR is only problem for elitist that think only they deserve to see content. Currently highest raid difficulty is mythic, and there are plenty of people going around saying “only mythic counts” and if you don’t do it on mythic you are not doing real raid. So as you can see it’s elitist mindset that’s driving LFR as “perceived lesser content” because currently we are moving to a place where even normal raid is perceived as “bad content” and only mythic counts.

It is logical that for many LFR should be shallow water, before diving into riding, however it is not. Players get used to water down mechanics and leave the game till the next big patch and new LFR content. Besides they see worst kind of PUGs possible with no one knowing what to do and worst attitude towards each other, when there is no raid leadership. All this creates a picture in new player’s mind that raids are a mess and the sooner he/she will be finished with them the better.

Weather it’s WoW / Dota 2 / CS: GO or pretty much any other multiplayer. Each community thinks it’s the most toxic one lol. I do believe that many people who are playing multiplayer games accept toxicity as inevitable and either ignore or are toxic themselves.

Players quitting argument is a bit of a stretch. It’s not like players who raid normal or heroic aren’t quitting after they complete it. If completing LFR made than quit, than they would have quit earlier if it wasn’t there to begin with.

You seem to get my point wrong. LFR doesn’t make people quit strait away, but rather stop playing untill new patch. They say they got nothing to do, while they simply do not wish to learn and get better at the game and haven’t beaten the next difficulties. So Blizzard adds mobile gaming like retention systems so these players played every day, like AP grind, World quests and other solo content. The problem is that most of competitive raiders do not want these forced activities and borrowed power to begin with. They like playing in organised groups and to waste as little as possible on secondary systems.

You missed my point. If not for LFR those would have quit earlier anyway. That’s why this argument is flawed. LFR is just a difficulty setting for different demographic that usually never ever raided nor planned to raid. So in fact those who do LFR stay subbed longer before canceling because they have LFR. If not for LFR they would have unsubbed earlier.

True, but some would stay, join guild, get better at game. The rest could do previous raids and wait for the nerfs. Instead Blizzard chosen to cater to volatile audience for short term profits, after they joined Activision, and we know how it undermined the progression and reqruitment of normal, hard mode and even mythic guilds. They went to extremes and made storyline revolve around solo player and his Garrison, socially isolating people in WoD, before it became mainstream.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.