đź”’ PSA: Blizzard Authenticator

Just a reminder to put one on if you haven’t already, you get 4 extra default bag slots and a Core Hound pet if you do :3

It’s totally worth putting it on, as you will kick yourself in hindsight after your account actually gets compromised.

Support Article for Blizzard Authenticator:

4 Likes
2 Likes

NO!!

I believe strongly in making things easy and convenient, which is why I have changed my password to password and removed my Authenticator.

I encourage everyone to hand their accounts over.

/s

Use this, and a password manager :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have it but still dont have 4 extra bag slots…

Seriously? That’s odd, what i mean by bag slots, is 4 extra item slots in the default bag.

I know that is what I meant

1 Like

This thread is locked :lock: by hackers and account thieves.

2 Likes

Considering one of my guildies lost their account last week because 2fa was not enabled… Activate that thing.

1 Like

You need to enable phone notifications (SMS protect) for the bag slots, it’s in the article linked.

Increased Backpack Size

When you attach both the Blizzard Authenticator and Blizzard Phone Notifications to your account, your primary backpack size is increased. If you remove either the Authenticator or Phone number, your backpack reverts to its original size and the items in those slots are moved to free slots in another bag.

3 Likes

I know you want your TL3 but spamming same topic is not the way to do so.

2 Likes

Went on a break and the topic got locked, just bringing awareness so people don’t make the mistake of compromising their account.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN MAN!!!

1 Like

I love you

1 Like

I love you too

Friendly reminder this is worth it.

I have the authenticator but god damn do I hate the thing.
Its so annoying having to use it all the time.

1 Like

Sometimes for me as well, but worth it xD

After I’ve had my twitch and email compromised I’ve put 2FA on my email as well as any site that I pay money on. Of course I’ve already had the Blizzard authenticator but since being on the receiving end this is my way of life now.

1 Like

Whenever I’ve had to promote people to officer rank, I’m surprised how few people protect their accounts with this simple authenticator.

I’ve protected my account this way since the physical key fob version came out, now we have a handy phone app.

1 Like

My old guild anyone worthy of promotion had to have an authenticator and to prove it had to summon their core hound pup. If they couldn’t, no promotion until you have one.

1 Like

The system actually allows you to set it so that you can’t promote without the person having an authenticator.

1 Like