šŸ”’ PSA: Blizzard Authenticator

Damn it i canā€™t believe i lost mine last vacation at the start of bfaā€¦i wonder if they still sell the same one with some cataclysm like background, it coud use some decent skin. I know, i ask for too much but stillā€¦

1 Like

Friendly reminder this is important :3

You cant stop me!!!

But I donā€™t have a phoneā€¦

Mmmm
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/71633816.jpg
Tablet?

Donā€™t mind if i do!!

1 Like

They dont sell physical authenticators anymore.

It wouldve been cool to have one, but yeah the app seems to work nicely tohugh

Be secure!!!

The latest bag UI reminds me constantly about lack of authenticator. Terrible change

4 Likes

What about those of us who grabbed the authenticator that was the original?

We get nothing, even though we already use a damn physical version!
We spent Ā£18.99 ( I think it was) back in the days when smart phones were just a thing rich folks used to get BlackBerry thumb because of lol.

Surely we can input the serial number from the barcode on the back, and unlock the bags. I donā€™t even mind if they wonā€™t give us the pet.

3 Likes

Wow, when was that?! My Battle.net Authenticator was Ā£6.29 in December 2010.

I still have it and the battery hasnā€™t even run out yet. \o/

1 Like

well, it was a long time ago XD my memeory isnt as good as it was. it might have been less. i can see wrath image on it tho.

battery is fine too thankfully.

I guess 2008-2009 then. Mine looks like it has a Cata image on, which would make sense for 2010.

I expect the Ā£19 price was why I didnā€™t get one sooner. :smiley:

yeah.
plus i had to get my dad to get it for me XD didnt have a way to pay online myself then.
i had watched a friend be hacked, chased them around on auto follow saying ā€˜hacker!ā€™ ect while they went from bank to post box to shop selling their inventory.
(i was hopefull a GM would help. my friend used to chat to them about lore when they were on back then lol.)

it scared me into getting it as soon as they were made.
i wasnt like i had much stuff to steal. more that they might delete my chars out of anger as i was always broke XD

(and yes, they did get their stuff back, and everything restored. it was a long time ago befor cata iirc. many GMs used to be around back then)

1 Like

^that. hoped i made it clear i wonā€™t use that nonsense forā€¦ how long has it been?.. 'x.x

I have the bag slots & pet with a physical version. Itā€™s attached to your account so they know youā€™ve got it.

1 Like

Yea same here :grinning:

For the bag slots you do also need the SMS notification thing set up as extra protection (it notifies you if someone logs in from somewhere different to normal).

1 Like

Hmā€¦does that SMS stuff need a smartphone?
Iā€™m a dumb phone user, no twitter, Facebook, tiktok ect.
If it needs you to log into any of that, or install an app Iā€™m so out of luck.