🔒 PSA: Blizzard Authenticator

yeah I hate it too, you need to have a newer phone for this.

My phone is about 2 years old, not old as I see it.
But when people like apple and Samsung want us to toss away perfectly good stuff after just a year…its likely considered old.

Plus, its a Doro. You know, the old folks mobile with the ‘omg call my kids!’ Emergency button on the back.
Not the smartphone one the tech savvy silver surfers use, but the one with the flip up screen and basic camera.
Before that one, I had a Nokia brick. That lasted me about 5years, till it decided to suicide itself out of my tee shirt pocket and into my glass of cola.

My best beloved though, was my Nokia N93. Ah, the advent children phone…she died from constant concussion due to my keeping her in my belt pouch, and that hitting the floor every time I had to take the bumbag off. First the camera, then something internal.
If I could get an electrical engineer to fix her, I would still be using her, no matter how old and outdated she was.

I really don’t like using smart phones.
My cheek once accessed the internet on my bosses old smartphone one time he handed it to me to explain to a customer. They tend to shut parts down on me too lol.

I guess I’m just not so smart-compatable lol.
Some tech, loves me when I’m fixing it. Laptops and desktops like to work for me, I have coaxed them back from the dead in the past.
But till scanners and smart phones hate me.
Reminds me of Dr Alan Grant from the original Jurassic park movie. Only more focused on high tech

Well seeing as someone tried to log into my acc yesterday, im raising awareness again for this thread, the authenticator worked :3

Shouldn’t we be celebrating? Where’s the cake?

2 Likes

WE NEED A MAGE!!!

Guuurl start baking we ain’t eatin no empty air!

2 Likes

Got the core hound pet but not the bag slots. They show on the bags but are locked. This was a while ago but I keep forgetting to open a ticket :sweat_smile:

I’ll have you know my mana buns are mouth watering delicious, thank you very much :face_with_monocle:
Now let’s discuss fees :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

You need a mobile that can receive texts for SMS warnings as well - https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/26824

2 Likes

Thanks for the help :slightly_smiling_face:
I activated the SMS feature, but the bag slots are still locked. Maybe it will take a little while, or maybe I need to have the option to always require the authenticator to log in?

1 Like

No you don’t need that. It may take a little while. If you’re ingame, maybe try logging out & closing down the game.

When was the authenticator launched? BC? Or was it Wrath?

Anyway, got one as soon as it was available, after I was hacked by some Chinese dudes.

Blizzard support was superb tho, just took a phone call, the rep checked connection IPs and it was immediately clear it wasn’t me. I just had to send them a photo of my id and one of the game box with the original game key, and they fixed it within 24hrs.

Even better, I had been so scared to lose the account and so happy to get it back I posted a box of cookies to the Paris (I think it was?) call center as a thank you, trying to address it to the rep’s, even if I wasn’t sure it would work… and the crazy thing is, it did, and some weeks later I received a thank you letter with a 2nd hand Blizzard mouse pad as a little gift from them!!!

It’s a bit dusty and discolored but it’s quite a treasure to me. ^^

2 Likes

Success :smiley:
After making sure everything was correctly configure for the SMS it only took a little bit of waiting. Thanks again for your help :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Remember to secure you acc!

It helped me, it might help you!

Now is a good time to check that you have it enabled

Good idea except I always seem to lose my phone lol.

1 Like

Doesn’t hurt to get those extra backpack slots either :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not handing over my phone details! You can’t make me!!!

1 Like

Remember new players, get protection!

1 Like

Protection is important

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.