PSA: Gladiator mounts vs KSM mounts

I feel like gladiator mounts were always the coolest mounts in the game which is kind of surprising considering arenas feel more like a mini game for few people than a core wow feature. SL s1 ksm mount was pretty cool before blizzurd decided to add recolors of that mount throughout SL.

New glad mount:

your average ksm mount:

make ksm mounts great again

thanks for reading

3 Likes

I mean Gladiator is significantly harder to obtain than faceroll master. While i like the ksm mount i think the ksm mount should in the very least able to fly considering the theme of the expansion.

Then again we have Ras Mount and

6 Likes

My conspiracy is this Shadowflame was normally Season2 glad mount, they replaced it with that trash snakedragon later on. S1 elite sets have Shadowflame colour scheme.

But whatever I won’t have to push Glad at least, otherwise it was 100℅ glad push for me. I hope Shadowflame one is obtainable through lfr.

Mythic did not even reward mount this tier. Well spent months of progression.
No clue what that purple armored drake is tbh

They should at least allow people to get glad in RSS too. That way casuals and new players can at least have a CHANCE at glad mounts. Like no new player is ever going to get glad in 3’s. It’s just a small circle of legacy players hogging the spots like it’s always been.

2 Likes

Sorry but this is what you get by timing +13. :rofl: :sweat_smile: :joy:

What gladiator harder yada yada smoking to me, during the busted ratribution cryladin exploit, they were selling it for 650k, on 3rd day of exploit, its price went down to 450k.

This is the price for gladiator prestige: 450k.

1 Like

Maybe. It makes more sense for the raid to reward a raid mount tho and shadowflame is in the end the theme of the raid.

If you just do it for the mount youre doint it wrong anyway. Also the drake is from the raid.

You cant really “hog” the spots the way glad rewards function these days.

I can tell you now, that I will probably never ever get a Gladiator Mount. Whereas any Tom or Harry can get a KSM mount with a little bit of commitment.

The S2 recolour is much nicer than the S1 one though. But it is a little disappointing compared to the Shadowlands KSM mounts.

Fully disagree.
The SL mounts were big blobs of nothing with some random flying plate for us to stand on, and they looked terrible.

The DF KSM mount looks savage, primal and violent. It’s just like riding my ex-wife.

2 Likes

Why would you want to remember that?

Each to their own really. When I saw the SL one, I was excited to finally get myself a Death Elemental mount.

Rofl

I don’t even have an ex-wife, I just wanted to make a boomer joke.

I get that, but to me, they just look like a swirl of particle effects with glowy eyes.
They’re pretty underwhelming, and they look too much like the Legion Shaman mounts.

2 Likes

So because KSM is not as prestigious as glad it’s okay for blizzard to gives us recolors for 2 years straight. Noted :rofl:

Maybe KSM should be a tier set recolour (Like duelist in arena) and KSH a nice unique mount. I think it’s stupid though, how people seem to be so much against ground mounts, even though it’s the most used, unless you are someone doing world quests

and what is bad about giving things about for above avg. skill and time commitment?

lets face it, while everyone here thing ksm is easy, it seems to be that a very large % still are not being able to achieve it.
from an honest point of view, even ksh is not much more difficult than ksm. doing ksm with ilvl 390 vs doing ksh with ilvl 415, probably equally easy.
what makes it difficult is to run every single dungeon up to the required score. it takes a lot of effort and at least medium skill. That should be rewarded, no?
Raiding is also not difficult, it is just difficult to find 19 non garbage people.

pvp needs a lot of practice but also usually needs you to reroll to the next best fotm.
Why glad is so difficult? well because there is nobody playing 3s anymore and it is always the same awc players sitting there taking the spots.
how difficult it is to get glad since (legion) solely depending on how much blizzard inflates the season.
aside from that it is also just a grind, it is just a much less enjoyable grind because you can lose rating and it is mucher harder to pug as consistent teams have such an easier time. 3s is quite bad for pugging while it is quite managable in m+

1 Like

I didn’t say it was.

I can appreciate how hard KSM is first time you try to reach it. I remember very well the time committed to achieving my first KSM mount (SL Season 1).

But once you have done it once, you know what it takes to do it again and again… and then by perspective becomes easy.

i think i did my first ksm in bfa when it was to clear all 15s.
it wasnt hard for me in the sense of mechanically challenging or required some mega brain.
for me ksm is not much different than ksh. it really gets mechanically difficult if you need to pull like in mdi and juggling interupts and cc or wipe and cannot time. it would put m+ onto a new level that would be impossible to pug.

btw same goes for glad. most people that achieved it ones are very likely to achieve it again and again. all it takes is to keep your team.

i dont want to compare ksm with glad but they take different approaches and i think they might have tuned both too differently to compare. maybe put ksm to clear all 20 or put glad on 2k rating.
now ksm and 2.4k are of course far away from each other

all i think is that m+ ksm/ksh isnt a super easy joke for everyone. it also takes quite the time commitment, whether you do it the first time or not. Mainly it is also the gear that gates you quite a bit if you are just pugging. Technically you can do 20s in 390 gear, practically nobody will invite you ever

Oh absolutely, they’re both totally different achievements.

Agreed. However if you stick at it through out the season, eventually the gear gained from the Weekly vault will push you help players who want to achieve it to push. And after that much practice it does start getting you that way.

But I remember KSM SL S1, and KSH DF S1 both as challenges I needed to over come. And thoroughly enjoyed.

I feel like the shadowlands KSM mount was very nice, Especially the red one.

I think they did it better before - where the glad mounts at least looked “equal”-ish to other obtainable mounts, just with some “umph” added to them.

Example;
TBC; Netherwing Drake with armor, obtainable without armor via farming rep.

SL: the dead-wyrm looking dragon thing for PVP… KSM had a swirly-whispy thing.
PVP version not obtainable whatsoever elsewhere, KSM looks like shaman mount.

1 Like