PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Nothing wrong with our Kung Fu Panda’s.

They look fine and as they should be like from the movie😏

They are very much their own thing and as different from KFP as night elves are from elezen.

4 Likes

Also, a peeve: WoW’s subreddit.

I am on quite a few subreddits. Reddit has its reputation and it is not always undeserved, but no other subreddit I am on is as toxic as the WoW one. Not counting ones like politics where toxicity is more or less unavoidable, obviously.

I have seen it time and time again over the years. The OOC community in WoW is just straight up bad.

3 Likes

I don’t get why they don’t just spend time making the old starter gear more HD rather than giving us generic items. =/

7 Likes

The best part is that new players (who this is tailored towards…?) will do Exile’s Reach and get the BfA armour sets within 10 minutes lol

Literally took more time to make the armour sets than the time that they’d be seen in game for.

2 Likes

What do you mean they won’t even notice or remeber our character creation gear after 10 minutes? Its HD and the same for literally everyone!?!?!

2 Likes

And it’s r/wow that Blizzard makes the game for.

:upside_down_face:

Don’t forget Twitter…

Anyone seen the weather in SW/Org? I forgot to hang around and check.

Weird post. If they were updating the current gear with higher resolutions that’d be one thing, but they’re actually just replacing it with gear that looks nothing like it (aside from the mage and warlock robes). Having more options is never a bad thing.

Not really that weird; the starting gear can’t be mogged anyway, they’re all ancient and messy, and I for one am tired of how dated so many parts of the game look.

Would I prefer them to make all the old gear HD instead? Yes, undoubtedly. But I see so many people going “I don’t like the change, just leave them there” and it’s frustrating, personally. -shrug-

Whack the old stuff onto a vendor, like the dude in old Hillsbrad.

3 Likes

An item being moggable or not is probably the last concern a RPer will have when they decide how they want their character to look. I really don’t think there’s much more to say here than that they should make the old starting gear available to obtain from somewhere else – like the vendor Distantpeak just mentioned.

I’m 100% ok with that. I think WoW’s mog system and item texture quality need a massive overhaul, personally; playing SWTOR at the moment reminds me how good Outfit slots are, and how weak ‘only the gear you’re wearing and having to remog it every time you change it it’ is.

My hunters have the typical mail set I use, then various leather sets for things. They have a lot of crud in their bags.

1 Like

The SWTOR system of Outfits, where you imprint appearances onto slots instead, and have multiple outfits available one button press away, is vastly superior imo.
Also they still have ‘Hide helmet’ as a toggle option. Bah…

1 Like

God I love that system :heart_eyes_cat:
And the Dye option…

1 Like

I know, it’s why my nautalon jedi master has so many looks.

1 Like

Looking at the new starter armours Shaman, Hunter and Druid really get the sticky end of the stick here, I think. At least the others look decent, but… I dunno.

I’m 100% behind HD armours. Same as HD versions for old mobs; justice for Gnolls, one of THE most iconic early game enemies.
But it feels like a bandage slapped on the wrong limb, right now.

Do we have rain in Org?

Could 9.1.5 spawn in parts?