PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

While a shame, I can’t help but laugh at the people going “Omg why is the old gear being removed?!”

… If you want to play a character with a smeared mess of 2004 pixels for an outfit, Classis over that way. This is 2021, it’s high past time the game actually looked like outside of the WoD-onwards areas…

3 Likes

Yeah but was it really that hard to just take the old race-specific starting gear and just give it a new race-specific skin?

2 Likes

Rogue, warlock and warrior are the only cool ones

also lmao at paladin pants

Oh! Loving the warrior one!

Maybe not, but I will take something over nothing.

Honestly, I’d like to see more racial themed mogs available from the various in-game Shops, steadily phasing out all the grey and white items that are primarily garbage tier in appearance, and beyond useless in stats.

Edit: Also, the devs on Bird App seem to be taking a much more active stance in talking to people and engaging with feedback and -le gasp- critique. So, if you want, hit the PTR and use the in-game feedback stuff, or chat to them, etc etc. If it works going forward, I’m all for that.

1 Like

Thats a normal pants, just beige like the example humans skin colour.

Honestly, only ones I’ll miss are the blood elf robes and the red one I got in my transmog tab :man_shrugging:

2D armour will never look right to me. The textures are good but it feels bad that they are still dealing in Pink Guy suits painted to look like plate.

1 Like

I hate that Pandaren now are the most dated looking race in Wow with the least race options and the sameface syndrome (Christ, even Tauren and Worgen have been given the mercy of having a handful of them).

:sob:

Can we please, please get something decent looking and a full model upscale to current races?

2 Likes

They look kinda terrible not gonna lie, also wondering how they’ll look when you get 1 level and new classic-era items that look trash on you anyway. New pants with +1 stamina, but they look like -2 pixels. Pass.

All the Classic - Cata era items need to be hit with an HD pass or get in the fire.

It is 2021. We have moved past Dated Assets…

1 Like

We have much more fundamental issues that will never be seen to.

For example, the male pandaren model is just badly done as a concept and doesn’t live up to its artwork at all. Now we’re stuck with it forever because model updates don’t change proportions.

3 Likes

It is sad if these are white, soulbound and not moggable items. They look good and they would have been awesome for role play. I hope that they will at least update the vendor with these items in Old Hillsbrad instance and let us buy this new starter gear on our mains.

And, some of the grey and white items still look good, for example the Brocade Vest. Some people still use it for RP.

Compare this to what they gave us in-game.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpedia/images/1/1e/Waterspeaker_BurdensOfShaohao.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20200429113544

Round, yes, but has legs. The belt isn’t where the knees should be.

Or this Hearthstone art:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/353958974057480213/882335108693118996/ben-thompson-bt-master-nguyen-full-web.png

5 Likes

Regards to the mogs, people need to be leaving the feedback on PTR, on test server, on Bird App.
Now’s the time, while it genuinely seems to be that people are listening. Push for more Cosmetic class items, HD updates for outfits instead of wholesale/humanistic removal and replacement.

They need to add matte colour options for Nightborne tattoos.
I have no bird app!

1 Like

For an even more extreme example just to illustrate the point - here’s some Hearthstone art of a pandaren whose height is 50% legs, which is biologically sound, but it’s literally double the leg length they have ingame.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpedia/images/b/be/Disciple_of_C%27Thun.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160604202527

I am not really arguing for them to be that long, it’s just a comparison to show how absurd they are right now.

4 Likes

Shaohao proportions are really good and it’s one of the reasons that made me retire my old male Pandaren character

6 Likes

They’d work better if they were slimmed down slightly. Would also mean less stretching of chest models.

Heck, just look at Chen’s cinematic model (MoP intro).
He generally looks better proportioned, whether that’s due to slightly reduced gut (or may a broader head to balance it out?) or slightly longer legs I’m not sure.

But Pandaren 100% need new faces, every single one being ‘sameface’ with a different pattern slapped on is… ouch.

If Blizzard fixed the mpanda models - and yes, it would require new animations as they’d have new proportions - that would convince me they’re more high effort now.

But it’s unlikely.

3 Likes