PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

remember XRP lol

it had some feature that everyone immediately stole into their own RP addons xd

I’m pretty sure I used XRP because it was the middleground between MRP and TRP, and also it wasn’t as popular as either, making me feel like a powerful RP hipster.

5 Likes

I am reminded of trp2(?), the tooltips of which would cover roughly half of the screen on some obnoxiously verbose profiles.

Prepare to face your destiny in Eternity’s End—the soul of Azeroth depends on it!

Maybe something will be done about the sword after all.

It will be downloaded away from Azeroth.

Or they’ll print out a new Azeroth +soul for us

Zovaal turns the blade in Silithus into a massive runeblade, sucking that Titan soul up into his newest bling. We are now to survive on a world slowly crumbling around us, setting the stage for a war of resources in a land no longer fit to sustain life.

Look I really want that Azeroth update.

4 Likes

monkey’s paw curls

all of azeroth is deleted / made unusable, everyone will now play on a total of 5 zones, all of which are one-tone maw-gray and white to signify extremely dead land

none of the zones resemble anything if the world did die, they’re pretty plain and boring so you can’t even pretend to be on old X zone

4 Likes

god dammit

4 Likes

Why would he need that blade? He’s standing in the middle of the 3d printer that printed out everything… Just print a newer, better, cooler blade instead🤷🏼‍♂️

1 Like

Can he print out a new game for us please.

A Reality Reborn.

2 Likes

I mean, it was already stated outright. Death comes for the soul of your world. Big plot twist, there?

We sacrifice all our anima powers to purify the blade
but leave it in place.
:slight_smile:

You need to be dead to have Anima or convert life energy into Anima.

The amount of times in slands that i fired anima beams at npcs for a quest says otherwise

Wow I never knew when the acolytes in WC3 said that death shall cleanse the world they were not actually talking about the Scourge, they were referring to the Jailer travelling to the center of the universe from the afterlife so that he could use a galaxy printer to absorb the sentient soul that resided within the planet Azeroth all along. That’s 20 years of foreshadowing and we were just too god damn stupid to see it.

These writers are great.

9 Likes

Zovaal says this in the maw intro, setting up how he’s coming for the world soul eventually. It’d be nice if there was any buildup but it’s the usual tell don’t show storytelling. So then, provided that one remembers this line, one expects it to happen. How is this wowhead thing news in any way? It’s be more of an article if blizzard forgot that our dear jailer said this at all and has an entirely unrelated goal.

18 Likes

Unironically how I imagine most of Danuser’s pitches sound like, except there is no Walter White to challenge him on anything.

1 Like

why is azeroth’s soul important btw

the titans and the sepulcrists are basically on the same level, right? So can’t he just eat out the Winter Queen for the same effect? And even if not (for some reason) there’s a half dozen other titans who are chilling nearby not doing anything, including Sargeras. Is there any reason it has to be Azeroth, other than…because we care about it by way of it being the place all our stuff is?

The titans found a world infested with voidies and assumed it was a nascent titan because it was all they knew, but in fact azeroth is the slumbering Supreme Being all along and no titan at all. Or something.

1 Like