PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Azeroth is an Egg was a neat idea on paper but as time went on both devs and players seemed unable to see Azeroth as anything but a literal egg which is why people are still up in arms about the sword stuck in the planet thinking its poking an embryo or something.

Can someone explain that meme to me? This is the second time I’m seeing it.

Given how titan souls sans humanoid bodies are just blue blobs of constellations, why does she bleed? Clearly, she’s whatever other thing the story team decided on during BfA’s development.

“I stab the planet and it bleeds”
“What, like, magma?”
“No, blood.”
“Oh.”

1 Like

Eternal Ones =/= First Ones.

I know, it’s a headache. Really makes you wish Blizz had an ounce of creativity left.

the First Ones are the Titan tier ones (supposedly)

Jesse says things about [Subject] that are presented as nonsense, which confuses Walter and has him inquire as to what the frick he’s talking about

…Who are Jesse and Walter?

Let’s not even consider the global seismic instability consequences of a big stupid sword penetrating a planetary crust.

A guy who says batch a lot and the dad from Malcolm in the Middle.

But the First Ones (dumb name) made the Titans+the Sepulcrists. I thought that was the point, they made the “life pantheon” (titans) and the “death pantheon” (losers).

breaking bad

planetary periods

i’m impressed that you have had the good fortune of not getting beat to death by Breaking Bad literally everywhere

1 Like

Ah, well, you see, allow me to explain:

:crazy_face:

1 Like

While I’m here I went to look up the wowpedia article on the Forerunners First Ones because to check if I missed any new hot deets about them, and apparently in the broker dungeon it indicates that Precursor First Ones artifacts were found on Azeroth.

You’d think if this had all been planned since WC3 we might have seen

• literally any
  • literally a single one
  • just a crumb, m’lady,

of these in the almost two decades that WoW has been out.

7 Likes

(grooooooooan)

What?

First Ones artifacts are found on Azeroth and there is only single dungeon/line about it?

Ugh. I hate this. :unamused:

Somethingsomething elune since she was 3d printed alongside winter queen.

Was it confirmed? The first ones don’t seem to have any relationship with the Titans aside from some vague hint, similar architecture and random developers [which at this point I’m convinced they care and know less about the lore than we do] dropping some “they created the universe or something” but when it comes to their 3D printer they’re like “all the shadowlands realm were created here” => it’s unrelated to our world?

(But anyway so far I’ve yet to meet a single person caring about them, they should have replaced them with the actual titan pantheon).

Edit. Also I just realized that Eternity’s End is a copy of well, WC’s last chapter. Not only in the title. Big tall dude after a series of winning streaks tries to violate the center of the world but will be stopped.

Well since they apparently originated literally everything I struggle to think of any other explanation.

Zereth Mortis was created by the First Ones, and it’s intended to create afterlives. Its denizens—the automa—have created all that exists in the Shadowlands, Azeroth, and realms beyond.
[…]
They created everything we experienced in Azeroth, the Shadowlands, and even realms we haven’t discovered yet.These First Ones built the universe, as far as we know, but their intentions and methods are completely unknown.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/new-zone-in-shadowlands-patch-9-2-zereth-mortis-324839

why would they even be able to create azeroth if it’s intended to create afterlives and work post death

like we’re alive on azeroth duh??

2 Likes

The most charitable interpretation I can think of is that the stuff is making afterlife thingamajigs for Azeroth and all worlds beyond.

Otherwise it’s a big cosmological goalpost mover yet again and what about the Light and Void existing outside reality as we know it?

We are not only beta testing the game OOC
But we are also beta testing the game IC

5 Likes