PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

The option that tries to score lgbt clout (it fails)

Burying your gays transes.

This reply is partially tongue-in-cheek.
and partially not.

1 Like

That’s so weird, seeing how as a non-kyrian player, being trans is the only thing I even remember about Pelagos, and it’s something so easily missed that I wouldn’t even know if everyone wasn’t constantly talking about how it supposedly Ruins Warcraft Forever. Does he even have a discernible personality?

I vaguely remember something about him doubting himself or being too rash or whatever, I honestly don’t remember. Neither makes him look like judge-of-souls material to me. But then, would any former mortal, as opposed to a construct tailor-made for this purpose, even have the sheer mental capacity for the job, considering just how many souls fly past the Arbiter’s chamber at any given moment?

“So, you managed to predict our clever twist that the Pantheon of Death replaced Zovaal with a robot, huh? How about… they’re all robots! Bet you didn’t expect that, did you, huh? Huh?

2 Likes

And then he finds his resolve or some such. That’s about it. As far as I remember.

This is Zovaal’s weapon. There’s a player version with a shorter handle but no flail, just a mace.

1 Like

Okay that’s cooler than the original image made it out to be.

That’s cool

…nevermind.

8 Likes

Really going all in with that domination theme huh. A bit on the nose.

2 Likes

Danuser’s weird tastes seeping into the game in every patch, it never ends.

12 Likes

Yeaaah we’re still stuck with only 2 flails in the entire game. Glad I did the mage towers back in the day, sucks for everyone who missed out. :confused:

The way they keep wording it makes me think of a very scuffed Persona 5 Royal. You know, without the fully realized antagonist, the understandable intentions, the good music, the emotional impact, the reason I should care. Hell, Persona 5 even shows you the consequences of a rewritten world. Right now Zovaal could be rewritting the world so that the camera stops focusing on his nipples.

The closing chapter of the first book of Warcraft is one of the stories ever written.

1 Like

Given the dialogue about “oh no ur soul!!!” I’m guessing he won’t even be a ‘person’ after they become Arbiter Pelagos. At a guess, he’s going to be turned into the core (since the Jailer stole the other one) to ‘resurrect’ the old Arbiter…or something?

He might be getting sacrificed solely because a) he volunteered and b) he happened to be one of the people who were there, rather than any inherent aspect to him.

Still a hella weird choice regardless.

2 Likes

You could say it was…

Arbitrary...

:clown_face:

1 Like

…Funny you mention that, seeing how a new animation of a non-dormant Arbiter has been datamined…

https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/status/1461570014155210754

Are they really going to turn a trans male character into a female-coded automaton’s soul battery? Even Blizzard can’t be this tone-deaf, right?

…Right?

5 Likes

Perhaps it is all a red herring (complete with voice acting), intended to flummox dataminers, and there might be additional context we’re missing out on.

But it’s certainly one logical conclusion from what we know at the moment, yes.

2 Likes

Plot twist; other than his sinister “all will serve” line, his ultimate vision is purely benevolent and his wicked methods are entirely because Primus inadvertedly armed him with domination magic.

Yeah, I’m really sour about that.

1 Like

lord tehya speaks harshly but truly

could shred me like cheese on those

6 Likes

I would love Kyrian as playable and able to use their wings as ground or air mounts.
Plus I love Greek style names.

1 Like

The greek names do nothing for me but fortunately you can give them literally any race’s naming conventions.

But yes, flying with wings, please and ty

Really shoulda been the DH order hall thing.

1 Like

Would also be a good racial.
Little speed burst and cast a solitary spell whilst moving or some crud.
Gimme ma wings!

It was already just kinda bad enough that there was a high possibility of them introducing WoW’s first trans character, only to kill them off at the end of the expansion, and never do it again(like many tv shows does, introduce a gay or trans person, kill them at the end of the episode/midseason and leave it at that).

But this is so much worse.

2 Likes