PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 1)

I actually genuinely would prefer the game to be downgraded to maintenance mode. No more new expansions. Add in glyphs ft. existing assets, do some fancy tuning so that people can do endgame progress in whatever expansion they want, add in a good bunch of final extra customization options, etc, and leave it at that.

I mean, I DO want new content, but not the kind of new content Blizzard has been churning out for the last couple of years. It’s been damaging the setting and frankly, if it wasn’t for the setting I’d have quit WoW ages ago because obviously gameplay isn’t WoW’s strong suit. Though I suppose that’s very much subjective.

Also, I just realised: we’re going to encounter the very contraption that spawns afterlives while still not having visited or even seen any other afterlife besides the ones we’ve had since Shadowlands release.
That is also exactly why I’m convinced that there is no way they planned for SL to end with 8.2. Like, surely pretty much everyone (who was aware that there are more afterlives than the Covenants one) expected us to have at least one content patch featuring an afterlife we haven’t seen before, or perhaps an Argus Invasion-style mechanic where we would portal to other afterlives to stop Mawsworn incursions there…

3 Likes

One more thing, now that I’m getting a proper look at these new models.

The fact that the proto-versions of the eternal ones keep their aesthetic is insanely strange. Like, the proto-Primus was made with those bones on his arm? He didn’t earn them in battle? Why is he 3D printed with bones on him when all the other 3D printed objects specifically seem averse to that? Does the 3D printer think “hey this guy’s gonna be a helluva fighter in the land of the undead, he needs some vibes for that”?

I’m starting to think they didn’t think this concept through.

I just wanted to see some of the old warcraft heroes and villains who died. Varian, Doomhammer, etc. But, in the words of Gul’dan:

“Instead you chose…this.”

1 Like

Don’t worry guys, to make this terrible pill easily pass through your gullets, when the expansion ends the Shadowlands will be reorganized into a just and free for passage Multiplane, for a safe and secure universe.

Meaning to shut us up, they’ll make the Shadowlands races playable. If you guys were looking to be Venthyrs and Sylvaar, you got it now. This is what the players want right?

Looking at the boss roster for the Sepulcher and…

Did they literally copy a boss over from Castle Nathria? And it’s just a random broker who’s looking to loot some stuff off in the corner?

Yeah… And Denathrius is back again and Mal’ganis, who’s likely gonna be Varimathras fight 2.0. They really had little to offer.

I see what you did there. At least we knew that character’s plan. It was a stupid plan, but we knew it nonetheless and realized why it would be bad.

Jailer wants to remake reality.

We for the last year have been wondering exactly what that means. I’m willing to bet that at the end of the fight, Jailer still doesn’t tell us… He ends up vagueposting in his final words about how he was about to make it all right and had no nefarious intents.

1 Like

TBH I’d have preferred that over what we got.

3 Likes

And also robots

Robots everything

San’layn and furry-Draenei RP? Yes please.

1 Like

yes please muscle angel wife playable abs

2 Likes

https://i.redd.it/9r6mi3uroi081.jpg

Ooof.

I hope this is sarcasm :neutral_face:

Then I am glad to disappoint.

1 Like

would playing the covenant races be silly
yes
would it break the lore
no
would it fill out the last remaining 4 slots on the allied race creation menu
yes

therefore
wash your necks, it’s vampthyr time

4 Likes

The furry-draenei was banter, but we all know the Venthyr will be used for San’layn RP!

And I used to be against playable Covenants. But yea why not. Lets go for it.

Yes please…

Honestly give me any non-gremlin race with wings and slap a racial flying mount ability on them that has them fly with said wings and I’ll be happy. Just wanna play a flying archer or some :poop: like that

Kyrians just happen to be the best candidates at present.

2 Likes

https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-arbiter-of-the-shadowlands-in-patch-9-2-spoilers-324986

…Welp.

Of all the ways they could have handled the missing Arbiter subplot, this is certainly… one of them.

Can’t believe the night elves, a native of Azeroth, suffered mass incineration because a robot wanted to send their souls to her sister - another robot - in the afterlife for heaven-fuel but it was all stolen by the evil afterlife robot.

8 Likes