PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Its the difference between animals that only behave because of (the threat of) force and actual civilized biengs!

1 Like

An older colleague of mine uses the shopping trolley to measure people’s ethics too. Is this like a common saying?

1 Like

A German could never

Yes it is.

2 Likes

Yes. I do remember also the AD version. I’m totally gonna butcher it but I’m sure someone saved the post somewhere but it goes like this.

The choice between joining an RP server and a Non-RP server is the ultimate test for whether a person is a good MMORPG player or not.

To join a Non-RP server when you display no interest in RP and in fact despise those who engage in RP is an easy, convinient task and one which we all recognize as the correct, appropriate thing to do. To join an Non-RP server is objectively right in this circumstance. There is no situation in which other than genuine interest in this alternate form of engaging in the game a person isn’t able to join a Non-RP server. Simultaneously, it’s within your ability to join an RP server no matter how you feel about them. Therefore an RP server presents itself as the apex example whether a WoW player will do what is right without being forced to do it. No one will punish for joining the RP server even if you have no interest in the hobby granted you do not disrupt those engaging in it and even if you do, very minimal punishment will befall upon you all while still getting to remain on the server after said punishement. You gain no advantage in joining an RP server that doesn’t exist in others. You joining a PvE or PvP server because those are the only activities in which you have proven yourself keen on doing is the right thing to do because it is correct until you have a spark of interest in trying out RP.

A player who is unable to do this is no better than animal, an absolute savage who can only be made to do what is right by socially ostracizing them with the power of forums and the communicating regulars of it that stand behind it.

This is what determines whether a player is a good member of the community or a bad one.

8 Likes

Is the one you’re thinking about.

Good try though!

2 Likes

Thanks, I tried to adapt it but the OG one is more direct to the point!

2 Likes

My favourite has to be this one talent, for the Colossus spec for Arms/Protection Warriors:

Mountain of Muscle and Scars: You deal 5% more damage and take 2.5% less damage. Size increased by 5%.

Growth potters rejoice.

6 Likes

I hope to gods that is not the meta choice.

2 Likes

Interesting if gnome.

2 Likes

Isn’t growth pot like 20% and firewater 10%?

5% might not be that bad then. It’d be a neat lil visual of warriors being a little bigger than their mage counterparts etc…

Crossing fingers I remember correctly anyway…

30% and 15% respectively.

Giant Growth makes you go from 6ft to 8ft.
Mountain of Muscles and Scars makes you go from 6ft to 6ft 4 inches.

3 Likes

One day (ha ha HA ha…) we might get character sliders. Imagine, in the year 2024… -sigh-

2 Likes

One day you might get WoW on an engine that can enable all the amazing little things that are taken for granted in other MMOs and games.

I will praise the engineers handling this archaic source code and still suceeding in delivering improvements upon it. That kind of dedication and technical knowhow is truly miraculous for us.

2 Likes

Oh god no, I already had to see this in Stormwind not long ago:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1082482010452394036/1207824412167114873/WoWScrnShot_021624_000017.jpg?ex=65ea47a4&is=65d7d2a4&hm=00ad2c98e02a47e52dd844ad5d93199fef1b2d2af29f6fea42d771ab24210e87&

I got another one where there’s -four- of them, but that one had the names of some players on them so won’t post that one.

3 Likes

I stand by my comment that we can never have height sliders.

RPers cannot be trusted with such. Because how bigger an RPer is, the more he thinks his size makes him impervious to any real kind of (magical) damage or how they even feel immune to bearing the consequences of their actions.

Size makes them immune to any sort of consequences whatsoever in social or combat settings beholden to mortal man unlike themselves who are godlike beings because of their sheer greatness(literally in those cases):weary:

4 Likes

/e Reaches for his buzzbox to call his ten magefriends and use the giant rp’er for targetpractice as they fling fireballs at him until he burns to death.

Also you now remind me of that one instance I had of the absolute bad stereotype of the growth rp’er. A human calling himself Maximus, constantly picking fights and being an :peach: because he believed his size would alow him to beat others up effortlessly.

Then he went into creep territory when he started hitting on a female guard-mage nearby and actually emoted sniffing her hair out of nowhere.

2 Likes

If we start judging every possibly feature by its potential use by the lowest common denominator, then we should just quit and abandon all hope right now. That’s a fools path, frankly.

6 Likes

What causes this? Is it a result of people unsatisfied with their height IRL?

Anyways, I find it funny. Reminds me of all the bodybuilders who came to train jiu-jitsu in my hometown and were aghast when people half their size were ragdolling them. Bring on the gnome fury warriors.

4 Likes

I would like Kaytlinne to look a bit taller/buffer as she’s been a frontline Paladin most of her life, now. While my Orc hunter, for instance, works so much better being the short one of her guild, and I’m very glad in the various height differences enabled by growth pots etc.

Everyone being the exact same height/build is stupid, and always has been -drops mic-

3 Likes