PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Mostly cause a ton of people just can’t handle that responsibly. Heck, even I cannot say 100% that I’d never be tempted to do some stuff if I could get away with it, even if I like to think I’m not an awful person.

1 Like

Counterpoint: cards pretty. (That’s all that interest me in a tarot. Although a second use came up, a TTRPG where dealing tarot cards replace the dices.)

1 Like

Wow, you leave a thread for days.

1 Like

Cards are fun but I’m partial to haruspicy.

In fact it’s dangerous TO play. Self-fulfilling prophecies are no laughing matter. They’ve brought down entire empires and civilisations!

1 Like

You do understand that this alone might outweigh the first part of your post, right?

The good old shopping trolley is a good gauge of a person; you don’t have to put it back, there’s no repercussion. They all get collected up and out away at the end of the day.

3 Likes

I don’t know how they work nor do I particularly care to.

That being said I do want to commission art of my character as a symbolic tarot card.

3 Likes

yes

been there, done that, would recommend

2 Likes

As somebody with a ton of tarot card decks and oracle cards + books on how to read them-- they’re more an asking for guidance then predicting the future

4 Likes

Can they guide Blizzard in giving us the Fire Druid skin and Shaman class for Night Elves???

1 Like

There’s asking for guidance and then there’s taking the advice.

2 Likes

Lmao, and we all know Blizzard hardly does this… :frowning:

3 Likes

I guess I am good then, I tend to put it back. Sometimes I even put it in the shortest row, not the longest one that’s sticking out super far cause it’s convenient, since I know the store employees would else have to move the trolley back so that they can actually lock them for the night.

I could leave my trolley where it is after I put my groceries in the car but, as the old sayin goes… That you could, doesn’t mean that you should.

1 Like

Its the difference between animals that only behave because of (the threat of) force and actual civilized biengs!

1 Like

An older colleague of mine uses the shopping trolley to measure people’s ethics too. Is this like a common saying?

1 Like

A German could never

Yes it is.

2 Likes

Yes. I do remember also the AD version. I’m totally gonna butcher it but I’m sure someone saved the post somewhere but it goes like this.

The choice between joining an RP server and a Non-RP server is the ultimate test for whether a person is a good MMORPG player or not.

To join a Non-RP server when you display no interest in RP and in fact despise those who engage in RP is an easy, convinient task and one which we all recognize as the correct, appropriate thing to do. To join an Non-RP server is objectively right in this circumstance. There is no situation in which other than genuine interest in this alternate form of engaging in the game a person isn’t able to join a Non-RP server. Simultaneously, it’s within your ability to join an RP server no matter how you feel about them. Therefore an RP server presents itself as the apex example whether a WoW player will do what is right without being forced to do it. No one will punish for joining the RP server even if you have no interest in the hobby granted you do not disrupt those engaging in it and even if you do, very minimal punishment will befall upon you all while still getting to remain on the server after said punishement. You gain no advantage in joining an RP server that doesn’t exist in others. You joining a PvE or PvP server because those are the only activities in which you have proven yourself keen on doing is the right thing to do because it is correct until you have a spark of interest in trying out RP.

A player who is unable to do this is no better than animal, an absolute savage who can only be made to do what is right by socially ostracizing them with the power of forums and the communicating regulars of it that stand behind it.

This is what determines whether a player is a good member of the community or a bad one.

8 Likes

Is the one you’re thinking about.

Good try though!

2 Likes