PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Wait wait wait… I was talking about the 2020 Dragonheart movie… Although I do have the obscure memory about a movie sounding like that with dragon and the only lingering memory I have are the spitting contest or the retractable scales.

I have recently perceived a compilation of just how often it happens in quantumania and christ is it nauseating. Basically every 3 seconds they’re flipping their helmets off even when they’re in the middle of a battle.

big ups for Karl Urban in Dredd not doing this trash

5 Likes

Ah, the movie that got me hours and hours of movie analyses that are far more entertaining than the movie itself.

Not just Marvel. Look at Last Duel movie, they insisted on half split open helmets to recognise famous actor man 1 from 2. Instead of going with logical different heraldic colours.

On some level I get the marketing dpt, after all they paid for these famous actors and their appeal has some level to the box office.
I can’t even argue “well just get cheaper actors with roughly same level of acting skills” because even if they did and kept them very much masked for the most part, the actors in question might think they’re missing out on getting theirs faces out there if the movie is a hit.

It’s a bundle of issue where maximum extraction for all parties will be at the forefront, it is what it is.

I didn’t even know a 2020 one existed.
The original has the dragon voiced by Sean Connery, so I’m pretty sure you’d know it :joy:

There’s always another actor who is willing to do it for the price. Then slap on some AI voice of your choice and you’re set.

But honestly, signing for a medieval set movie and be Pikachu surprised you’re gonna wear a helmet most of the time is about as silly as signing for a Baywatch movie and be Pikachu surprise faced that you have to wear swimming clothes for most of the movie.

4 Likes

Darth Vader wore a helmet for 3 movies straight and became the most iconic villain in cinematic history.

6 Likes

Didn’t the OG actor not get credit for a long time because the voice over actor got credited instead?

That movie unironically gets better every time i’ve rewatched it.

7 Likes

Dredd is the single blu-ray i own

The true cyberpunk dystopia.

1 Like

It was the other way around. James Earl Jones didn’t get credited until the Return of the Jedi per his own request. His work only took around two hours to record so he insisted David Prowse should get the full credit.

1 Like

There’s a whole string of sequels to the original, in fact.

1 Like

Origins
In ancient times, a tribe of nocturnal trolls settled near the Well of Eternity, a lake formed from the life-blood of the worldsoul of Azeroth herself. These trolls were affected by such powerful magic, and over time, it began to change them. They became stronger, taller, more intelligent, and naturally attuned to magic and the arcane.

This new civilization named themselves the Kaldorei, a Darnassian word that means “children of the stars”, and they began to worship the Moon goddess Elune. The Night Elves also caught the attention of the Wild God Cenarius, who taught them about the natural world and how to live in harmony with nature.

Reading this on Wowhead and I wonder. Did Cenarius ever approach the Trolls to tell them about the natural world and for living in harmony with nature?

I just noted it also says they are taller
so were the dark trolls just small or are night elves actually taller than fully stretched back trolls?
because in-game night elves are shorter than trolls.

You have embraced the cube.

He didn’t, but he did approach the Tauren.

I̴̲͍̣̩̲̾̊̾̔͠ ̴̜̠̎̐̎́̌́̍̽a̵͍̝̻̰͚̗͗́̆̃̌̏̊m̷̝̝̖̺̲̻̽͂͋̾͑ ̷͇̹̝͙̽̈́̇̆̔C̵̩̰̞͚͇̞͙̈́̂̌͝Ü̷̧̧͍B̴̧͙̬͍̝̪̫̐͆́͒̄̉Ë̴͙͔́͒͌͂͌̏͗͠

I’m not going to dump all of the info seeing as it will be widely available to us tomorrow, but I did think it was interesting that the Scarlets seem to be like super cockroaches. They not only endure, they come back with some bite to them.

They’ve taken a foothold on Fenris Isle, though I fully expect that will be dealt with by the end of the quest chain.

Also the Forsaken haven’t lost their love of Blight.