PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

It’s hard coded in the game’s DNA that the blue ones are always good and the red ones always evil. Simple as.

4 Likes

Me, watching: “Oh, so the Incarnates are doing a good cop/bad cop act — wait, the disagreement is genuine?”

8 Likes

Redeeming a female villain who harbours sudden doubts about the evil plot they are involved with?

3 Likes

I really thought that was the plan as well, right up until Fyrrak had his arm put on ice.

Personally, I think Fyrakk is being possessed or at the very least subtly puppeteered by something else. The way he cackles with that sinister sound effect as his eyes turn into shadowflame, the imagery of the eyes with the shadow magic looking like the eyes all over Il’gynoth’s ‘body’, the way he tried to hide what he was doing to the other incarnate, how he’s ‘deviating’ from the very basis of accepting ‘followers to their cause’ (read: Primalists), etc.

I do not think it’s them solely making her out to be having second thoughts alone.

Bravo, Michael Bay. Incredible writing.

Two humanoids having a beam clash for 5 seconds is definitely the coolest way they could have possibly shown a conflict between two primal incarnate proto-drakes.

Visages were such a good addition to the incarnates :upside_down_face:

10 Likes

I think his already temperamental and violent disposition was cranked up to an eleven due to the shadowflame. The way he said “ours” at the end also came across as just a little ambiguous to me, but that might just be my inner YouTuber looking for something to exploit for clicks.

1 Like

In her redemption cinematic, she transforms into a water dragon because water is symbolic of calmness, the ice melting off her just like the way her cold heart warms to us.

3 Likes

I take it. Still better then BfA and Shadowlands.

1 Like

Literally anything could be. Both expansions were butchered and rewritten halfway through.

2 Likes

The visages for the incarnates are fine although Vyranoth could have done with a less human like face and skeleton. Even in their Draconic form it would have been just two fire and ice Kaijuus shooting beams at each other and while I’m a big enjoyer of Kaiju battles I don’t like it when both are similar.

Also, is it just me or was the whole torture scene felt like a wet fart… Fyrakk is supposed to be using fire and that Dragon was hardly scorched, singed or even felt a second degree burn so it’s a bit weak. Idk why they don’t shed the PG13 label because it seems to hold them back, even in the instances where there’s impactful violence such as Illidan stopping Turalyon’s blade, Sylvanas vs Bolvar, Varian’s chad last stand and the strongest moment imo being Grom axing Mannoroth they still held their punch quite a bit.

Really don’t agree, I’m tired as all hell of the visages in general. It was bad enough already just on the regular dragons, but now the proto drakes also take every single excuse they get to go into their cutscene-friendly socialite humanoid form, it’s incredibly lame.

I don’t disagree that visage form robs “something” when every darn dragon is going visage form for whatever reason when it’s clearly a direction mandate about having a face that can emote a greater range of emotion than a draconic form. It’s a point that was previously brought up by Arygos no less and while he was a major dbag he was correct with something “Why should a Dragon, in his own home/domain accomodate mortals in taking their forms” and Kalec just responded they did so out of politeness towards Thrall.

Same happened with the Broken shore cinematic where Genn illogically tries to grab Varian’s hand out of Worgen form and everyone on AD was confused at first as the form grants so many boons that makes hoisting Varian onto the Gunship much better than his human form… Guess the cinematic director really needed Genn in his human form to give a stern and understanding nod.

My point being, OOC and technical reasons are driving this and it sucks.

1 Like

Yeah it 100% comes from a place of marketability over pretty much all else. I get it for when a dragon is among mortals and trying not to stand out like a sore mountain, but instead even when it’s only dragons every which way for miles they still take every chance to shoot right into the visage form.

It’s in a way reminscent of helmet-wearing characters in movies constantly taking the helmet off so you can look at Famous Actor Man Look It Is Him Actor Famous Man

exhausting

3 Likes

The visage forms always felt off and gelled incredibly unwell with dragons as a whole because at one point they were simple disguises dragons used to conceal their true forms but now they’re like truer to the dragon’s entire identity than their actual dragon form which means their dragon form is hiding their visage form.

Why is that green dragon not exploding outward into a 20 ton acid breathing lizard to try and fight back?

9 Likes

Me, someone who has watched Dragonheart: “Less expression? Weak.

2 Likes

You could argue that it makes them sneak around easier, but then there’s whole issue about why Fyrakk (especially post-Shadowflame) would care about doing any of that, especially when he was supposedly hunting for the aspect of the Green Dragonflight.

It does make for a nice villain moment, especially with Matt Mercer’s spectacular voice acting, but the more you think about it, the less it makes sense why they’re using visage forms so often.

1 Like

I see you too have noticed this trend this Marvel’s Endgame movies.

Something something shadowflame restraint fire that doesn’t causes any wounds… OK the good faith take is that they’re inside a building and doing so might be a problem.

For some reason you’ve invoked some ungodly images of the Eragon movie but then I had to check what exactly you’re talking about. It’s better from the trailer I’ve seen but I’m still “ehhhhhhh”.

1 Like

We do not speak of that abomination.

And Dragonheart gets a pass because it was made in 1996. What’s Blizzard’s excuse?

2 Likes