PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

If they wanted to rip off AoS, they did an awful lot awful job. It wasn’t confusing enough

1 Like

Honestly, AoS isn’t that bad, it’s just hard to visualise the Realms and their interactions due to a stunning lack of mapping and cartography (certainly in comparison to the old world)

We could have had it worse, they could have copied 40k :grimacing: (I love 40k, but a worrying number of people Do Not Get that it’s meant to be satire…)

2 Likes

The bronze dragonflight stuff is worse by a mile, and it only narrowly avoided the whole “Make sure past Alexstrasza gets subjected to a fate worse than death while present Alexstrasza is watching” scenario.

6 Likes

I still question how such “ickyness” got past and made into Beta before the general public had to tell them “this is icky, I don’t like being part of this arbitrary quest.”

1 Like

Because 95% of their considerate/left leaning/twitter appeasing communication is strictly pandering to the lowest common denominators on the internet and does not reflect their actual views.

1 Like

Unspecified Sibling in Deity, you do realise it was the majority of ‘lefties’ on social media who were loudly calling out how Ick that whole mess was?

The other lot are too busy tearing up General on “Why can I not be Racist anymore?!” and “So much for World of WARcraft!!” for the umpteenth time.

8 Likes

Yea, whats up with me not being allowed to be racist anymore? Hate them Orcs. Hate them Trolls. Hate them Hummies in my forest! :smirk:

Funny, I thought they were ripping off Planescape (and Ravenloft with Revendreth), with Oribos in Sigil’s place and the overall idea of afterlives being very much material places dependent on the flow of souls and separated by an “in-between” (the Astral Plane). At any rate, whatever they copied, they did it extremely ineptly.

3 Likes

I didn’t say it was bad, you silly goose.
I just find it quite confusing in places. And they should have just kept the standard race names. Aelves. Feh!

1 Like

Can’t trademark/copyright standard stuff, though :grimacing:

1 Like

Well nobody wants to talk about aelves and duradin!
But I do like fire slayers.

Why thank you!

Which doesn´t really go against what Warscale said. He wasn´t talking about fans, but about Blizzard.
And while I think it´s highly likely that a company in California is going to have a ton of people on the progressive side of the spectrum, it´s a common theme with companies that say how they support something to not actually care about it at all.

Which can result in situations like the Alexstrasza questline where a company that should be aware about something based on how they´re trying to present themselves, needs to be told by people on the internet the obvious bad things about the questline.

5 Likes

It is a bit like as if Disney would hire George Lucas with some fancy tittle to have a Name again tied to it
Nothing would change, really, just it would put a collective rose tinted nostalgia glasses on the people
The similar happnes here
Poeple treat it like Jesus’s second coming, conveniently forgot Cata and Wod and many other things
He have to answer to the will of the share holders and the mighty dollah
Nor stage, nor the play changed, just the actors

2 Likes

I think a lot of people would rather return to the themes of Cata and WoD over the themes of shadowlands or dragonflight.

It’s not like he as the executive CREATIVE director is going to be manually fixing every gameplay aspect or even writing ANY quests.

At that position you insert vision and broad strokes. And I definitely prefer the broad strokes of WoD and Cata over the recent expansions. Even if detailed implementation of the recent expansion is arguably better.

10 Likes

Um, no?

Cata’s theme was pop culture references ad nauseam. WoD was just extremely awfully executed ‘savagery’ because Your Typical Gamer thought MoP was too fluffy of an expac, and came out incredibly boring.

Dragonflight has a much better theme echoing the likes of MoP, which had the best theme WoW has had in ages.

3 Likes

Fully with you. It was not good.
But in a dark way, I still prefer the idea of it over the modern state. Simply because we’ve had years of additions that make the overall experience, to me, much more sour.

1 Like

vanilla was the only good wow

That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever read.

1 Like

Guy at work has been telling me about how he’s playing hardcore classic as a hunter and went to the barrens to tame some lion that has an 8 hour spawn timer. The mob was up, but he wasn’t able to tame it because a warrior wanted to kill it since “he was there first”. Even offered gold to let him tame it, no dice.

Love that feeling of classic comradery where everyone was nicer :slight_smile:

12 Likes