PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Forsaken do love their mushrooms.

1 Like

Could even say that members of the Forsaken army saw what Gorak Tul and the Heartsbane Coven were getting up to and thought, “we could use that” then recruited a survivor of the coven to teach them.

Mushroom and plague druidism highly based too.

4 Likes

they could be something like Kul tirans in term of Druid forms, but more Fleshy and Boney.

Yay.
Actually I think it’s a yay cause I hate changing my gear but depends on ilvl.

3 Likes

They apparently cap out at 329.

It’s very hard to justify the expenditure to upgrade heirlooms at the moment. The ones I’ve got cap out at 49, but with the speed of leveling I generally have about half of them still equipped by the time I reach dragonflight.

And then once you’re in dragonflight you can but a bunch of 310 crafted gear which will outdo your heirlooms for 80% of your leveling experience.

If the new heirloom upgrades upgraded from whatever level they currently cap to, to 70? That’d be a lot easier for me, but having to drop 5k/7.5k on going from 49 to 59, then another for 5k/7.5k to take it from 59 to 69?

Adds up quick. Maybe I should be dragging a bunch of rando alts through timewalking each time it rolls around to use the tokens on heirloom upgrades or something.

Elenthas, those were done with honor. My king said so.

Guys, obviously the Night Elves are going to get their customization in the totally datamined .2 patch when it’s Emerald Dream time (again)!!!

Too much work, really. Besides, the main quality of the heirlooms is just the XP buff imo, which you can already sort of get from various world events and whatnot. They’re too much of a goldsink to use at any point in time, beyond like…the first few upgrades that don’t cost much.

that’s what I do.

It’s 316 ya silly goose.

1 Like

It might be coming after all!

11 Likes

Players will most likely be able to preview and assign Male / Female voices to Body A / Body B types during Character Creation.

Yeees, finally!

6 Likes

I wonder how GD will feel.

2 Likes

Seeing how GD is where I took it from-- its blowing up as per usual (at least the OP in the thread was, I didn’t get very far down the thread, I was too busy being happy)

6 Likes

From an interview:

Will cross-faction guilds be functional by 10.1?

Goal is for cross-factions guilds to be available day 1 of Patch 10.1, and it should also be testable beforehand on the PTR.

So your Seventh Sealing will have to wait.

1 Like

Considering that 99% of voicelines are “not enough mana/I’m out of range/inventory is full” which other players won’t even hear, I really don’t see how anyone can genuinely be upset at this.

Because it still robs them of the idea that gender is binary, which is required for their misogynistic and transphobic thought process to function.

9 Likes

Here I am, hoping that we can also choose to have other voicelines that make sense.

Like, high elf use appropriate night elf voicelines, so would be cool if void elves and night elves could switch lines and voices.

Or human, Kul Tiran and worgen.

Or Darkfallen getting Forsaken lines.

Or gnomes and mechagnomes.

Or nightborne and blood elves.

Etc.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say I’m upset but I am critical of things like this. It’s been something of a routine where blizz will throw out a minor and ultimately cosmetic thing, which gets trumpeted as the greatest thing ever. And I find myself asking the question why are they wasting time on this small potato stuff instead of using that time to do something major and significant that really changes or improves the game.

But yeah I’m probably the odd one out there and most of the criticism is people REEEEEEing about genitalia.

1 Like

Each small step is generally a victory for marginalised groups. It also helps normalize things like non-binary & trans identities and makes the game feel more inclusive, hence why it is celebrated and trumpeted.

People being happy, even if loudly so, shouldn’t be that much of a problem or concern in my opinion.

The team/people that adds these options aren’t the same who work on big content like raids or story.

One doesn’t cancel the other out.

16 Likes

I severely doubt “things like this” or “small potato stuff” (diversity and inclusivity) is taking significant time away from major game improvement.

12 Likes