PTR Spoiler/Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Wouldn’t mind a Dark Horde with the (Fel) Iron Horde aesthetic tbf, loved the Iron Horde’s style.

Don’t think we should listen to the guy who’s like Forsaken bieng a Scourge 2.0 isn’t bad.

That said, I wonder how it went, did Calia keep her promise of pulling Forsaken troops out and then just forgot to tell the Gilneans so the Scarlets moved in?

Did she just not know there were no more Forsaken troops in Gilneas, and she forgot to tell the Gilneans its free real estate now?

Did she allow the Scarlets to move in so she could pretend the Forsaken want to help the Gilneans to ensure their survival incase the Gilneans finally wanna return the favor the Forsaken did to them twice??

Eh. Scarlets. I can live with that as a great enemy for the Gilneans.

Rather had them be Forsaken who looked at Calia’s orders to retreat and went “naaah, we lost to much to just give this up”.

But this is fine to

gonna put the scarlets into everyone else’s enemy group too

Oh no! Scarlets have been ram-rustling our mounts down in Dun Morogh!
And they’ve been burning the plains in Mulgore!
And they’re stealing crystals from Bloodmyst!
And they’re sieging Suramar!
Scarlets have hijacked the Vindicaar!

1 Like

If we had more realistic Azeroth, I’d suggest the Scarlets being able to replenish their numbers and mass train people in the ways of the Light is because such a group is too perfect for the purposes of the Army of the Light to not utilize. After all, if you can get a sheer mass of zealous, militant humans, throw them into any fray you wish as cannon fodder and then help those who survive achieve power, immortality and recognition among fellow holy warriors, it’s a perfect situation. Especially since it’s mostly undead that comes under attack and the Lightforged see them as Light-damned abominations, which is doubly proven by the Cult of Forgotten Shadow and its popularity among the Forsaken.

1 Like

if a large bulk of the gilneans were turned into forsaken, we would be sitting on a new lordaeron situation.
where the living want to return to their home which they should have all right to do, but the unliving are already living there and they are also claiming ownership which in this world I suppose they have.

Do they tho?

The Lightforged seem pretty ok to work with void-infused elves too, so why not Light-blessed/using undead?

Walking corpses ain’t got rights. That said, they have northern Gilneas as part of their Forsaken Empire, so they could settle there and still (technically) be in Gilneas.

On a side tangent, with the new demon customisations, I still am sad we don’t get

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/images/f/fb/Incandescent_Fel_Spark.jpg as a voidwalker…

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/images/4/4f/Blazing_Fireguard_%28BfA%29.jpg or this one, it could depend on wether or not you use green fire or red fire!

I assume it will be like retaking Lordaeron in reverse, where Calia will disguise the Horde PC as an Alliance member so they can spy on the operation.

I honestly doubt that.

Remember Genn (and thus the worgen) no longer believe all Forsaken are evil, and the Horde and Alliance are now BFF’s.

I’m 99.9% certain the Horde will get to aid the worgen as their own race, instead of bieng disguised.

Poor Liam, I’m sure I’m not the only one who waited years for him to be avenged and instead we get a convenient sob story to excuse Sylvanas and keep her around - albeit in the background for now.

That dialogue option literally only shows up if you play it on Alliance, and Calia is literally hanging out with Jaina in the quest intro there, so, either you’re not aware of that or you should consider boxing with that amount of reach.

The most likely option is that they pulled out of Gilneas but Genn wasn’t fast enough to come back and resettle it properly with everything going on, so, the Scarlet Crusade squatted in the ruins, taking advantage of the power vacuum.

His vision on what the Scarlet Crusade is the one that every playable faction has had on them since Vanilla’s endgame. The only one time where the Alliance thought that maybe the Alliance could do something to use the Scarlet Crusaders as proxies was under the leadership of a rebel in Cataclysm who ultimately goes absolutely insane by the end of the questline and is never seen again.

You’re focusing on ‘plausible’ perspectives in a fantasy setting where unless something is outright said, it doesn’t exist.

If there had been any manipulation from Belmont’s part about what they were doing, it would’ve been shown; just as if there had been manipulation from Calia’s part, they would’ve shown her doing so instead of being the goodiest goody two shoes to ever goody two shoe to the point that she goody two shoed so hard that her entire existence defies the magical metaphysics of the setting just to be a physical manifestation of twinkle twinkle little star in a faction so dissonant with her entire existence that Alliance players to this day still think that either a forsaken character’s like Calia or they’re basically Scourge because they go against the norm, rather than Calia being the one going against the norm in her faction.

Some people still do the BFA thing of looking for gotcha moments that make the other faction look bad. I won’t lie, even though it led to some OOC toxicity in certain circles, I took part in that tradition of finger-pointing and it was pretty fun at the time.

But the setting has moved on and we should probably do the same. Trying to frame the Scarlet Crusade moving into Gilneas as a consequence of Forsaken stupidity or malice is a little silly. We all know that it’s a consequence of the writing team taking the easy route and using an unsympathetic and irredeemable foe that the Alliance and Horde can rally against and bond over the corpses of.

9 Likes

Only a slight possibility if we get an imperial blowback scenario.

1 Like

More Trading Post stuff datamined on PTR.

Peacock mount, friendship-is-magic fox mount, fancy masquerade masks, updated Ahn’Qiraj gowns and updated Quel’Serrar.

Some speculation that the masquerade masks might be tied to a new Carnival/Mardi Gras holiday in late February or early March, but no evidence of anything so far.

2 Likes

I was not aware of that.

That said, me wondering/speculating how the Scarlets ended up as the dominant force in Gilneas when it wad stated that the Forsaken controlled/owned/garrisoned Gilneas last time we heard anything about it is not “reaching”, it’s me wondering/speculating how the Scarlets were able to move into a Forsaken controlled peninsula.

Fair point, I just keep hoping against hope that storytelling sometimes goes deeper than surface level…

Oh yeah, Calia 100% goes against the norm and doesn’t fit the Forsaken at all!

Honestly believe Calia should’ve been an Alliance character pushing Turalyon to retake Lordaeron from the abominations, if they really wanna go on the peace route they could’ve set it up in a vanilla-esque way!

I’ve always done that, I’m a rabid Alliance fanboy after all :wink:

literally BiS mount from now on

One step closer to proper capes.

4 Likes

Yea these ones look kinda weird but gdi it’s cool they’re adding them. Sign of things to come, surely.

The new cape shoulder thing is a nice step towards something good I hope.
maybe we can eventually get them baked into single model that goes on the back slot instead of needing 3 separate pieces.

I just want worgen to start looking not horrible with helmets on :frowning:

1 Like

Tauren need to get on that boat too.
Collars clipping with their manes the the way they do causes me pain.

2 Likes